British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Belle Vue v Kings Lynn Euroflop 11 July

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Alex is a breath of fresh air. But if your not ruthless, you win nothing..

Put a poll out. Who would you keep for next season:blink:

Pickering

• Like 1

Good post Dean. I have watched a lot of telly Speedway this season and I reckon this meeting was the most enjoyable of the lot. But then I am a fan of Speedway RACING and we usually get that in abundance at Belle Vue. The moans about “we need a couple more riders” etc I find very boring. They should try living without their team due to closure. It is 100 times worse. In these days any fans whose track is still open should count themselves very lucky and stop bellyaching. 

great meeting, more of the same please. 

oh yes, one more plus - the complete absence of that bloody helmet cam which is and always has been a real pain in the ass

• Like 3

1 hour ago, klstarsfan said:

So you think people are going to keep going despite the continual disappointment? 

They have been for many years.

Special mention to Tom brennan

1st rising star to make the 1-5

1st rising star to get a heat 15 

and if it wasn’t for a puncture on last lap probably would have won heat 15 just 

take a bow Tommy boy. A proper adopted ace that kid 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Alex is a breath of fresh air. But if your not ruthless, you win nothing..

Put a poll out. Who would you keep for next season:blink:

There might be a few new riders around if Polish rules are relaxed but not that many so can't see wholesale changes. Kerr and TJ need moving on, would keep Pickering, Thomas, Lawson and Iversen if he wants to ride here and is allowed. Jury out on Worrall, not sure he's done enough really; Edwards as number 8.

I think things would be quite different with Iversen and Thomas but you're never going to win things with the inconsistent and to be honest frustrating three named above.

It was a good meeting. I was impressed with Tom Brennan. He is improving nicely. Enjoy his presence whilst you can, he will be riding regular Poland within 3 year.

I was also impressed with Josh Pickering. He rode really well.

19 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It was a good meeting. I was impressed with Tom Brennan. He is improving nicely. Enjoy his presence whilst you can, he will be riding regular Poland within 3 year.

I know what you mean. But we had the real pleasure of Tom as our guest at a recent meeting of the Nuneaton Speedway Supporters Club. He voiced a strong allegiance to British Speedway despite the obvious lure of "big bucks" in Poland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Special mention to Tom brennan

1st rising star to make the 1-5

1st rising star to get a heat 15 

and if it wasn’t for a puncture on last lap probably would have won heat 15 just 

take a bow Tommy boy. A proper adopted ace that kid 

Agree, good on him, another little goody :)

Didn't really see the point of putting TJ in heat 14, Jason deserved his 4 ride based on 2 points in his previous ride and looking competitive. Match was Well truly lost by then. If you were going to bother with change I'd have stuck him in instead of Lewi.

Decent racing as always at Belle Vue, shame about the sh*t result.

Lynn boys seem to be overriding. You need to be smooth at BV and build your speed, not fighting the bike all the time

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Bloody hell, up til now BV fans have been calling for Mark Lemon to go, he's OK now though things are going good!  

ok FAIR PLAY ,but as you are a Lynn fan, can you give outside people like me the inside info on ALex and who he beat to get the job?100% honest question i havnt a clue where he appeared from,has he been in speedway?Thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Wasn't in demand by Sheffield despite his efforts for them last year!

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Its what he's done this season that counts , he's put himself in a very strong position when it comes to next season.

My point is, If he rode well last year & wasn't in demand by Sheffield, who dropped him. What will change next year after another good season?

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

My point is, If he rode well last year & wasn't in demand by Sheffield, who dropped him. What will change next year after another good season?

He was ok last season but no where near as good as this season hes made vast strides forward from Sheffield last year, more teams would of taken note of his improvement at the level hd is now.

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

He was ok last season but no where near as good as this season hes made vast strides forward from Sheffield last year, more teams would of taken note of his improvement at the level hd is now.

Pickering's 2021 ave 7.38 (8.31)

Pickering's 2022 ave 7.37 (7.89)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Pickering's 2021 ave 7.38 (8.31)

Pickering's 2022 ave 7.37 (7.89)

2021 - very few heats 13 & 15 (and a ride against reserves in heats 8,12 or 14)

2022 - heats 13 and 15 in every match (and no easy heats 8,12 or 14)

Makes a difference

• Like 2