British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolves - Mon 11th July

52 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I never noticed earlier in the season but what are they riding on at Peterborough?  Any shale I have seen is usually brown in colour but it definitely looked black last night.  Very strange.

Buster's stock car stuff from Lynn. Thankfully they don't seem to pile it on at P'boro like at Lynn because it's not good at all for racing if there is too much of it.

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Buster's stock car stuff from Lynn. Thankfully they don't seem to pile it on at P'boro like at Lynn because it's not good at all for racing if there is too much of it.

I can't exactly remember who it was as I was watching BSN two nights running, but either Justin Sedgman or Adam Roynon said that when riding at KL they put Speedway Stars inside their team suit as the track is so hard there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

I never noticed earlier in the season but what are they riding on at Peterborough?  Any shale I have seen is usually brown in colour but it definitely looked black last night.  Very strange.

Almost looks like the old time cinders!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

It took longer last night than previous weeks as well for an outside line to develop, not sure if it’s the heat in the day that dictates another line developing 

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

I was there last night and to me there seems more than enough space  to accommodate new houses and the speedway stadium.

It's been death by a 1000 cuts since Andrew Mercer arrived as EoES CEO 20 years ago (most of the houses that you saw were nowhere to be seen at that time). It's just a piece of land being continually developed for houses as Peterborough expands. Those who use it are just in the way of that objective. AEPG have their vision & if speedway isn't part of it (which it isn't) then they are not going to change that situation now.

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Good as reason as any. Feel bad for Bomber. He's having a good season and his teams are bottom and second bottom! 

Bombers other clubs are doing better than those two.

• Haha 3

Early doors the track was wet and grippy, when it went slick we couldn’t live with them from the gate,  bottom line is two riders got 32 between them and the other 4 got 10, RR got us 8 which is fairly reasonable to be honest.

But you cannot generally carry 4 riders and that’s the bottom line.

What can you say about Bomber, the blokes been absolutely on fire this year and Basso has been the newcomer of the season for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

There is but as the land becomes owned by developers they wont see it that way , most likely space for 4-6 houses depending on there size on the land the track sits on will make them far more money than noisy dirty speedway does 

The events centre will cause more noise than speedway once a week/ month 

4-6? Probably 46 on the track land

Could get 4-6 in the pits!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

4-6? Probably 46 on the track land

Could get 4-6 in the pits!!

The tracks big but not that big , of course the land around the track and Grandstand would house even more properties but i was talking about the actual land the track and grandstand actually sit on if it was to be left in situ

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The tracks big but not that big , of course the land around the track and Grandstand would house even more properties but i was talking about the actual land the track and grandstand actually sit on if it was to be left in situ

Having seen many developments on small parcels of land I'd stand by 46 being far closer than 4-6

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hackett said:

Build for next season ?? It doesn't sound like there will be a Panthers next season.  

As for tonight fortunate Masters had an off night or the defeat could of been heavier. I remember earlier in the season when Panthers were covered on Eurosport a rider slating the new track surface / shale at Peterborough claiming it was one of his favourite tracks but now garbage ( or words to that effect) - could this be the reason or is it just a case of one season too many. 

I also do not like the new surface and think that does have an impact

Harris has a good record at Lynn so no surprise he's loving it. 

23 hours ago, Hackett said:

Build for next season ?? It doesn't sound like there will be a Panthers next season.  

As for tonight fortunate Masters had an off night or the defeat could of been heavier. I remember earlier in the season when Panthers were covered on Eurosport a rider slating the new track surface / shale at Peterborough claiming it was one of his favourite tracks but now garbage ( or words to that effect) - could this be the reason or is it just a case of one season too many. 

Zagar.

There wasn't much opposition. 

On 7/11/2022 at 11:59 AM, bigcatdiary said:

If it’s any consolation I have heard they are dropping the RS slot next year

Not another 5 year plan dropped before its  conclusion 

• Like 1