British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

21 minutes ago, tiger tiger said:

She is from Renfrew! Which admittedly is close to Glasgow but isn’t Glasgow!!

A mere 9 miles away :D So does it count as the outskirts of Glasgow then? I must admit I am enjoying my geography lesson. :t:

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

A mere 9 miles away :D So does it count as the outskirts of Glasgow then? I must admit I am enjoying my geography lesson. :t:

PA postcode so it’s Renfrewshire on the outskirts of Paisley , although Paisley joins more or less onto Glasgow at Ralston and Cardonald.

Geography lesson over.

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

Best chance we'll ever have on winning at Poole . Watched them at Armadale on Friday and wasn't impressed . 

Even if Craig is under the weather , its not huge issue . Our second strings and reserves could tip the meeting in our favour . If we can edge a win tomorrow night , top spot becomes a realistic proposition , but whether we finish first or second is pretty academic . On present form I dont fear anyone over two legs 

Don't think Craig Cook has ever been that good at Poole so not a big miss.

• Haha 1

Ready, Steady, Cook :D

Chris Readshaw (Glasgow),  Paul Stead (Poole), Craig Cook (Glasgow), Ben Cook (Poole)

Don't know why I did the thinking into this but when u av 5 minutes to waste this is wot me noggin comes up with! :lol:

Actually didn't realise that Paul Stead had ridden for Poole '79,  one of Long Eaton Invaders' '84 National League title winning heroes :party:

Yep a pointless post? :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I can remember two or three very good meetings for BV and Lynn there, like many away heat leaders though over the years he has had nights at Poole where he's struggled. He's mega inconsistent this year but you would always want your own 1-7 riding if possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I can remember two or three very good meetings for BV and Lynn there, like many away heat leaders though over the years he has had nights at Poole where he's struggled. He's mega inconsistent this year but you would always want your own 1-7 riding if possible. 

Yes possibly but he left it too late to come good in last years final and is unreliable at Poole usually. He has been more consistent this year so maybe he will come good tomorrow if he rides but I obviously hope he will have a stinker!! 

I'd be surprised if danyon and Ben weren't the top men at Poole. Danyon is flying atm, and importantly making very good starts. One of those meetings need everyone score 6/7 points and be in with a shout

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

PA postcode so it’s Renfrewshire on the outskirts of Paisley , although Paisley joins more or less onto Glasgow at Ralston and Cardonald.

Geography lesson over.

Booooo !! I was enjoying that :D

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Got 11 in playoff final and 8+2 in the league meeting last season. I'd say that is quite good for him as took him a few seasons to get to grips with Poole. But in last few weeks going from getting maximums to scoring zero at Glasgow, goodness knows what he is going to do! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Got 11 in playoff final and 8+2 in the league meeting last season. I'd say that is quite good for him as took him a few seasons to get to grips with Poole. But in last few weeks going from getting maximums to scoring zero at Glasgow, goodness knows what he is going to do! 

But most of the 11 he got in the play off meeting was when it was all over.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'd be surprised if danyon and Ben weren't the top men at Poole. Danyon is flying atm, and importantly making very good starts. One of those meetings need everyone score 6/7 points and be in with a shout

Yes i agree, he is the rider i miss the most from last season. Definitely one for the future.

8 hours ago, tiger tiger said:

Dramatic developments: Renfrew’s Christina is out ill! Chris Gay coming on as a sub!

I thought it would be Chris Harris as a guest :rofl:

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I thought it would be Chris Harris as a guest :rofl:

This jokes getting so old now fryer, think of something new.

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

This jokes getting so old now fryer, think of something new.

A bit like all your trolling :rofl:

(Waits patiently for guaranteed response as Trackprat has to have the last word!) :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1