British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

British Speedway Leagues 1991-2014" & The History of British League Speedway 1946-64

Hello,

I'm looking for Alan Robertson books British Speedway Leagues 1991-2014" & The History of British League Speedway 1946-64. Does anyone knows if and where I can still buy it?

8 hours ago, Vicar said:

Hello,

I'm looking for Alan Robertson books British Speedway Leagues 1991-2014" & The History of British League Speedway 1946-64. Does anyone knows if and where I can still buy it?

I actually bought them some years ago after making a comment on the forum. I have a feeling that "Moxey" is the author and I bought direct from him?

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I actually bought them some years ago after making a comment on the forum. I have a feeling that "Moxey" is the author and I bought direct from him?

"The History of British League Speedway 1946-64" is by Peter Morrish.

7 hours ago, norbold said:

"The History of British League Speedway 1946-64" is by Peter Morrish.

Alan Robertson also published a document...very well researched I have to say!

• Like 1

I have the Peter Morrish book, it's great but I just wish he had put in the riders' averages instead of total points for the season. BTW is Peter still with us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOBBATH said:

I have the Peter Morrish book, it's great but I just wish he had put in the riders' averages instead of total points for the season. BTW is Peter still with us

Peter is the announcer at Monmore Green for Wolverhampton meetings.  He is a keen follower of Worcestershire County Cricket Club too I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

Averages have been included in Alan's publication...I fully recommend obtaining a copy!

On 7/13/2022 at 8:54 PM, steve roberts said:

Unfortunately Moxey is not responding. Any other ideas?

Also - do you know where I can buy Peter Morrish's book?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Vicar said:

Unfortunately Moxey is not responding. Any other ideas?

Also - do you know where I can buy Peter Morrish's book?

Thanks

Sorry I really don't know...I guess you sent him a private message?

I haven't a copy of Peter Morrish's book...have you tried ebay? There's a copy available on AbeBooks.

Regards

Edited by steve roberts

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Sorry I really don't know...I guess you sent him a private message?

I haven't a copy of Peter Morrish's book...have you tried ebay? There's a copy available on AbeBooks.

Regards

Abebooks is my go-to; I've bought dozens of books from there.

• Like 1

Actually I thought that Peter Morrish had passed away- hope I am wrong.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:37 PM, steve roberts said:

Alan Robertson also published a document...very well researched I have to say!

Any details on this? I have both his books from subsequent eras, but can't see anything on line regarding this. Would be very keen  to get a copy if it has averages 

1 minute ago, waiheke1 said:

Any details on this? I have both his books from subsequent eras, but can't see anything on line regarding this. Would be very keen  to get a copy if it has averages 

It's the same format as his other books, includes Southern Area League and some other competitions like Britannia Shield.

• Like 1