British Speedway Forum
Purplepanthernotred

Sheffield vs Peterborough 14/7

Should stop this now its sounds a farce with some sort of starting procedure involving a flag to get set then the light to go that doesnt seem to be working,  

Andersen withdrawn as well now down to 5 riders 

Now even Harris has caught the old age syndrome virus that has attacked most of Peterborough's riders

Edited by scoobydoo

No excuse for Sheffield not to hit 60+ during this total farce of a meeting now.

Down to 5 riders with Harris & Basso having an off night.

Why are peoole wetting their pants over a green light start? This has been the standard procedure for years if the tapes fail.

Most motor sports start on lights anyway so it's no big deal.

Better than calling it off surely.

Not sure about the green flag thing though. Why not put the red lights on for starters orders then riders go when it goes out.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 7

Lineup swapsies don't seem to suit the Tigers.

40 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Why are peoole wetting their pants over a green light start? This has been the standard procedure for years if the tapes fail.

Not sure about the green flag thing though. Why not put the red lights on for starters orders then riders go when it goes out.

Those professional motor sports however have transponders to ensure fair starts with the lights being used

We done very well tonight to put up 39 with a five man team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

That's far to sensible a solution for them to use that lol!

After the embarrassing debacle of the Ipswich match in the full glare of live television, they've had three weeks - THREE WEEKS! - to make sure that everything is in tip-top condition to avert even the remotest chance of a repeat of the needless embarrassing delays; and what happens? before a wheel has turned there comes the wearisome announcement of "track electrician to the referee's box" and there's a thirty-five minute delay because of the perennial problems with the starting gate. And even after it has been decided that the gate is never going to work, it takes the referee another twenty minutes to explain to the riders that they have to start on the green light. Throughout all this, poor old Ryan Guest has the thankless task of "entertaining" the increasingly-restless crowd by staging inane interviews with Steady (who repeats ad nauseum all the 'news' he's already written in the programme notes) and Adam Ellis, who tells us how interesting it is to be riding at number three rather than number five. I can't believe I paid good money to be treated - along with a thousand others - with such casual offhandedness. 

Maybe Damian Bates will now realize what he should have done years ago, that it makes sense to pay an electrician a day's wage to come in and re-wire the endlessly-failing starting gate system and replace all the ageing components that have let us down with monotonous regularity, meeting after meeting, for years. It's a small price to pay to ensure that the paying customers are not frustrated and disgruntled at having to wait an hour on their feet before they get to see the racing they've paid for. I wonder if the truth will dawn on the promotion that they've got another three weeks to fix the problems, rather than waiting till 7.30 on race-night. What utter plonkers!

Damian Bates had the gall to write in the programme notes of his "disappointment" with people who write on here to express their well-justified displeasure at having been treated like fools, having paid good money to be left standing around for endless minutes at the Ipswich fiasco waiting for something to happen. He slags us off in the programme notes and then DOES IT AGAIN AT THE VERY NEXT MATCH! Has the man no shame? He thanks us for our "patience and understanding" but clearly this is just empty rhetoric to cover over the cracks.

Well, Batesy old boy, I for one DON'T understand and my patience is wearing thin. There are other things to do on a Thursday night and like many others I now regard speedway as being in the last chance saloon. Frank Varey must be spinning in his grave. Best get your finger out.

• Like 9

If Bates is publicly expressing his disappointment in his paying customers expressing their opinion it shows all you need to know as to why speedway finds itself in its current position......

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Bates is publicly expressing his disappointment in his paying customers expressing their opinion it shows all you need to know as to why speedway finds itself in its current position......

I wonder if Bates treats his customers the same way at The Old Post Office. I wouldn't fancy waiting an hour for my chicken and chips so I don't think I'll be visiting.