Edinburgh v Glasgow , jubilee thingy , 29/7/22@19-30

Things got a bit silly tonight 

7 minutes ago, Paulco said:

pray tell o' wise one

6 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Indeed a kamikaze ostrich was sighted! 
Just what was he thinking in heat 15? For someone with an injury history, including on this track……bonkers!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Just what was he thinking in heat 15? For someone with an injury history, including on this track……bonkers!

Sometimes he doesn't think which is a problem. That aside i thought he was great tonight though - a very classy rider on his night. 

I have never heard of all 4 riders going down on the first bend before. Poor Sam, already carrying a bad injury as it is. Hopefully all back as soon as possible. So to win at Edinburgh you really need a thunderstorm after H12. They are always so good for last 3 heats!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

3 injured in first heat of a Mickey mouse meeting including both no.1s. brilliant 

Does that mean the riders get paid in Disney Dollars? :drink:

1 hour ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

On the stream it looked like Ulrich dived down the inside of Paco entering bend 3, Paco tried to shut the door but Ulrich was ahead. Then Paco chucked it. No doubt there was contact but that was down to Paco not wanting to concede the lead. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Watching from the pits looked like  Paco left a big gap for ulrich to dive to the inside and he was just in front heading into bend  4 when Paco tried to come back over him but ulrich was caring too much speed into the corner and Paco really had to bail out racing incident 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, mac101 said:

Watching from the pits looked like  Paco left a big gap for ulrich to dive to the inside and he was just in front heading into bend  4 when Paco tried to come back over him but ulrich was caring too much speed into the corner and Paco really had to bail out racing incident 

Not sure what meeting you were at. !!
Paco left no gap, I was at the 4 th bend. 
Ostrich carried too much speed , dived up the inside where there was no room and wiped him out. 
Reminded me of a similar Wolbert  move on James Grieves at Ashfield in 2011 Scottish Cup which was equally dangerous, and James did not enjoy, or sad to say the Nick Morris move on the same corner that ended Tabakas career. 
All well and good trying to get your team a point, but not if you might hospitalise your opponent. ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Not sure what meeting you were at. !!
Paco left no gap, I was at the 4 th bend. 
Ostrich carried too much speed , dived up the inside where there was no room and wiped him out. 
Reminded me of a similar Wolbert  move on James Grieves at Ashfield in 2011 Scottish Cup which was equally dangerous, and James did not enjoy, or sad to say the Nick Morris move on the same corner that ended Tabakas career. 
All well and good trying to get your team a point, but not if you might hospitalise your opponent. ! 

Sitting in the cow shed on 3/4 bend totally agree. Like Ulrich but far too aggressive last night firstly on Kye then Paco.

Best wishes to Sam who was having surgery last night, Lasse and Cookie.

• Like 2

For me the heat 15 one was desperate rather than dangerous, Ulrich knew he needed to get to  the front to get the Tigers a point, he also knew he had Josh up his tail so if he scrubbed his speed then he’d have been relegated to 3rd

That being said the move was only ever gonna end one way and the video clearly shows him taking Paco’s leg.

The heat 9 first and second bend with Kye was much worse and downright dirty. Ulrich knew exactly what he was doing and even looks over his shoulder mid corner so knows Kye is there.

Ulrich is a rider who has a repetition as going over the line at times when the pressure is on and sadly that was the case again tonight definitely in the first incident maybe in the second 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

For me the heat 15 one was desperate rather than dangerous, Ulrich knew he needed to get to  the front to get the Tigers a point, he also knew he had Josh up his tail so if he scrubbed his speed then he’d have been relegated to 3rd

That being said the move was only ever gonna end one way and the video clearly shows him taking Paco’s leg.

The heat 9 first and second bend with Kye was much worse and downright dirty. Ulrich knew exactly what he was doing and even looks over his shoulder mid corner so knows Kye is there.

Ulrich is a rider who has a repetition as going over the line at times when the pressure is on and sadly that was the case again tonight definitely in the first incident maybe in the second 

Agree with all that . I said to my wife at the time that I thought Ulrich was a bit naughty there , Thomson did well to stay upright . 

Shame the atmosphere turned toxic after the heat 15 incident and I hope all the wounded warriors from heat 1 are back racing soon .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Agree with all that . I said to my wife at the time that I thought Ulrich was a bit naughty there , Thomson did well to stay upright . 

Shame the atmosphere turned toxic after the heat 15 incident and I hope all the wounded warriors from heat 1 are back racing soon .

Atmosphere toxic now there’s a surprise.

or maybe not.

11 hours ago, jenga said:

still has to be run tho , dunnit . mickey mouse or not .or is it because you dud not win !

You'll find I posted this after heat 1. Numpty

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Atmosphere toxic now there’s a surprise.

or maybe not.

Let them have their glory. Managing to beat us when our top 3 riders weren't there. A result for the ages :blink:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1