British Speedway Forum
CitizenTyler

Plymouth Vs Birmingham (2/8/22)

5 minutes ago, eric i said:

Should have postponed this, must be a record for the number of guests in a meeting.

Think mentioned in press release have a few home meetings left need to fit into next few weeks and still have chance of second 

18 minutes ago, eric i said:

Should have postponed this, must be a record for the number of guests in a meeting.

I 100% disagree.

How do you know when the injured riders are going to be fit?

Good chance some will be out all season and others may not be fit for 2-3 weeks at least.

How long do you wait?

Weathers set fair, better than even chance that end of August , September / October could be a complete wash out.

Plymouth had a weakened team the other week v Poole at home, kept scores respectable and a big crowd apparently. They had a weak team v Oxford last week, somehow got a draw and another good crowd.

They've played PR brilliantly and called on the "in the trenches spirit" very well.

Poole raced an incredibly weak Brummies Team last week. Had a very good crowd and some entertaining racing.

Both Plymouth and Poole will get good "walk up" holiday crowds. They wont understand Guests and R/R and nuances, they just want to be entertained.

It's not like they've advertised top stars or full teams. Anyone going who has bothered to look will know the make up of the teams.

Hopefully its a good match, good crowd, entertaining and NO ONE gets injured.

Most there outside of the hardcore simply won't figure that Michael Palm Toft and Ben Barker arent there but Lewi Kerr and Richie Worrall are...

It's 15 heats of Speedway.

Enjoy it while its there and moan when it's not.

Edited by HGould
spell
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I 100% disagree.

Good chance some will be out all season and others may not be fit for 2-3 weeks at least.

How long do you wait?

Weathers set fair, better than even chance that end of August , September / October could be a complete wash out.

Plymouth had a weakened team the other week v Poole at home, kept scores respectable and a big crowd apparently. They had a weak team v Oxford last week, somehow got a draw and another good crowd.

They've played PR brilliantly and called on the "in the trenches spirit" very well.

Poole raced an incredibly weak Brummies Team last week. Had a very good crowd and some entertaining racing.

Both Plymouth and Poole will get good "walk up" holiday crowds. They wont understand Guests and R/R and nuances, they just want to be entertained.

It's not like they've advertised top stars or full teams. Anyone going who has bothered to look will know the make up of the teams.

Most there outside of the hardcore simply won't figure that Michael Palm Toft and Ben Barker arent there but Lewi Kerr and Richie Worrall are...

Remind me who is playing again?

20 minutes ago, HGould said:

I 100% disagree.

How long do you wait?

Great post Tuesday night is speedway night and I can’t wait .

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, eric i said:

Remind me who is playing again?

Doesn't matter who is playing. 

It's competitive speedway. 

Ask how many Plymouth fans who'll go to support their patched up team or Brummies fans like me who've booked holiday around the fixture if we care? 

• Like 3

I don’t obviously no one likes anyone to be injured but the show must go on as they say.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

I 100% disagree.

How long do you wait?

remind me how many matches you've been to this season again?

Two joke line ups! 

Birmingham appear to have given up booking poor guests to save money on the wage bills.

Both teams should have their licences suspended until they can track a half decent side of their own rather than 4 guests each.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, iainb said:

remind me how many matches you've been to this season again?

As many as time and finances allow spread over several clubs. 

Like many people who don't wear blinkers like you I suspect

Edited by HGould
Spell
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Two joke line ups! 

Birmingham appear to have given up booking poor guests to save money on the wage bills.

Both teams should have their licences suspended until they can track a half decent side of their own rather than 4 guests each.

Good luck with that, boss. B)

2 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Two joke line ups! 

You cannot take it seriously granted, but it keeps the sport going...

And it is all fans will get so they might as well join in and go, as if they dont then even "made up Speedway", like we get weekly, might not exist in the UK...

It will never grow using this operating model obviously, but I dont think promoters are too bothered as they seem to not focus on growth in any way shape or form, and seem more than happy just running an individual Speedway track, and providing racing to the fans that are quite happy to pay for what they provide..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Two joke line ups! 

Sadly not enuff riders & not enuff money in the sport so things are overlooked.

All the doubling up, which is a complete joke, is allowed for the same reasons as above.

Back in the day when I were a lad.......yep everything was always better back in the day.

It is wot it is purely because of the current state of British Speedway.

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, HGould said:

As many as time and finances allow spread over several clubs. 

Like many people who don't wear blinkers like you I suspect

I've been to 30 so far this season, Left my blinkers at home

Leicester

Birmingham

Scumthorpe

Peterborough 

Oxford

Belle Vue

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1