British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich August 4th

23 minutes ago, Gazski said:

KING’S Lynn’s Lewis Kerr has been ruled out of Thursday’s home clash with Ipswich due to an aggravated collarbone injury.

Kerr made a guest appearance for Plymouth on Tuesday but did not ride in Heat 15 having been signed out of the meeting.

Former Lynn rider Kasper Andersen, who now races for Championship club Redcar, comes in to make a guest appearance for the Minors & Brady Stars and will take Kerr’s No.6 position.

Maybe he knows he’s on his way out so decided not to bother?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, therefused said:

Maybe he knows he’s on his way out so decided not to bother?

Indeed!.. That was my first thought too!

He scored 3,3,3,3,2 before HT 15 and i can't see that he fell in the meeting. Very unlucky to aggravate it, makes us a bit weaker.

Big blow. Starke should have a field day at reserve.

Why the hell didn't they get Nicholls in ffs.Nicholls is so much better than Andersen and he is going quite well at the moment.King's Lynn banging on about a really important part in our season and the need to win matches.Should have busted a gut for Nicholls but i guess they say he would have been unavailable.Pretty sure they could have done better than Andersen,no dis-respect to Andersen.Lynn are not acting as if they really want to win these matches in the important part of the season which is what they are saying.

Lots of pressure on the top five to perform.I would be happy if our reserves could muster 5 points between them,then 41 between the top 5 which is a tall order though.

Edit:Just seen Nicholls scored paid 11 tonight at Poole and Summers scored 9.If Lynn were serious about wanting to win you would go for the best riders wouldn't you?Not a past rider who never really got to grips with the NA circuit.

Edited by tellboy

It's very confusing how Rowe can ride as a replacement for Barker (the line-up show him with Barker's average, so he's a guest?).  He has remained in the Witches declared line-up all season as the #7 Rising Star.  Have the BSPA/L now decided that #7 and #8 are interchangeable, and they can replace another rider in a team, irrespective of their average?

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Why the hell didn't they get Nicholls in ffs.Nicholls is so much better than Andersen and he is going quite well at the moment.King's Lynn banging on about a really important part in our season and the need to win matches.Should have busted a gut for Nicholls but i guess they say he would have been unavailable.Pretty sure they could have done better than Andersen,no dis-respect to Andersen.Lynn are not acting as if they really want to win these matches in the important part of the season which is what they are saying.

Lots of pressure on the top five to perform.I would be happy if our reserves could muster 5 points between them,then 41 between the top 5 which is a tall order though.

Edit:Just seen Nicholls scored paid 11 tonight at Poole and Summers scored 9.If Lynn were serious about wanting to win you would go for the best riders wouldn't you?Not a past rider who never really got to grips with the NA circuit.

It's an odd one. With all due respect to Kasper he is either the cheap option or a last resort. Perhaps the club have given up on 4th despite what they say in press releases?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Went for the cheaper option

• Like 1

Maybe they are trying to even the teams out with the weakened team Ipswich have put out. 

7 minutes ago, Bash said:

Maybe they are trying to even the teams out with the weakened team Ipswich have put out. 

Definitely evened out now, I think the Witches could nick it now tbh 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Definitely evened out now, I think the Witches could nick it now tbh 

Yep if Doyle goes through the card again or comes close and Starke goes big then Lynn could struggle. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep if Doyle goes through the card again or comes close and Starke goes big then Lynn could struggle. 

Yep, I agree! 

I reckon 43-47 now to the Witches

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It's an odd one. With all due respect to Kasper he is either the cheap option or a last resort. Perhaps the club have given up on 4th despite what they say in press releases?

Another one of Dales mates shame he doesn’t have any riders who are decent as his mates haha

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Another one of Dales mates shame he doesn’t have any riders who are decent as his mates haha

Thats what it seems lynnboy,I'm glad somebody else said that.I was thinking about it but thought I would get myself a name for moaning about a job for the boys again. 

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He scored 3,3,3,3,2 before HT 15 and i can't see that he fell in the meeting. Very unlucky to aggravate it, makes us a bit weaker.

Very unfortunate. I wonder if his collarbone will still be aggravated for Redcars match tomorrow?