British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Purplepanthernotred

Wolves vs Harris & Basso ( Panthers )

19 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Can you imagine Zmarzlik vs Harris (on his current form)?

We would probably have a title race. 

As much as I admire Bomber, and yes he is having a stellar season in the UK, I feel comparison with Zmarzlik is a tad ambitious. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Well....sadly I was proved right 

You were right. No particular pleasure in such a one sided match, but there were some heats with good racing. Most of them with Harris involved.

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I regularly go to the pictures with my girlfriend.

Girlfriend ? Another piece of fiction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, customhouseregular said:

As much as I admire Bomber, and yes he is having a stellar season in the UK, I feel comparison with Zmarzlik is a tad ambitious. 

The poster you are referring to is a wind up merchant, so best to to ignore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

The poster you are referring to is a wind up merchant, so best to to ignore.

I bow down to your superior knowledge.

The prem is a joke, only six teams but the gap between the best and the worst is as bad as the old NL when it had 17 plus teams

Edited by marko

5 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Where was scott Nicholls, is he injured ?

Family business 

10 hours ago, chrismorton said:

You still think that mate?

100%...

The worst ever team in Peterborough's history ever, ever, ever.. :rolleyes:

(It appears according to some)...

Yet. They scored just two points less than many peoples' favourites for the title at the NSS..

And Bomber must have been good to watch getting so many...?

Winning the league last year hardly raised a ripple of recognition outside a few followers of a very small (but very expensive to run), minority sport, therefore it makes perfect sense to save yourself a few quid when you have zero chance of doing anything other than finishing bottom...

No promotion, nor relegation, usually means often a lot of "dead rubbers" from halfway/two thirds into the season, with play off places already secured early on many occasions, so saving money/looking to next year has to be a consideration for those at the bottom.. 

Not read any reports, but presume the crowd was "ok"?

If so, the home team won at home so their fans went home happy, (so important to maintain a crowd level), and the away team didnt spend a fortune on wages, also so important in the overall scheme of things.....

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

100%...

Yet. They scored just two points less than many peoples' favourites for the title at the NSS..

Winning the league last year hardly raised a ripple of recognition outside a few followers of a very small (but very expensive to run), minority sport, therefore it makes perfect sense to save yourself a few quid when you have zero chance of doing anything other than finishing bottom...

No promotion, nor relegation, usually means often a lot of "dead rubbers" from halfway/two thirds into the season, with play off places already secured early on many occasions, so saving money/looking to next year has to be a consideration for those at the bottom.. 

If so, the home team won at home so their fans went home happy, (so important to maintain a crowd level), and the away team didnt spend a fortune on wages, also so important in the overall scheme of things.....

And so British Speedway trundles on in it's minimal existence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

100%...

Mate, your kidding yourself..who wants to watch that rubbish..I wouldn't want to watch my team thrash below par teams every week but If that's what floats your boat then you are a very simple person.

No different in other speedway countries even Poland - some teams get regularly thumped!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Mate, your kidding yourself..who wants to watch that rubbish..I wouldn't want to watch my team thrash below par teams every week but If that's what floats your boat then you are a very simple person.

Extremely simple...:D

It really doesn't matter who wins or loses, as pretty much every team will beg steal or borrow from each other..

Therefore..

Just enjoy the racing.. 

Peterborough in particular is one of the better tracks which must be a bonus.. 

The sport is slowly dying with the current operating model in use but there seems to be no alternative, (and has already died in at least one part of the  UK each season for a fair few of the recent past years now)...

So just be grateful there is Speedway to watch in the UK..

I went to the PCMM this year and a couple of Aces meetings and they were all value for money...

Who won?

If think Jason Doyle, (although that may have been last year?), and the Aces won both the matches I went to but I dont remember who they rode against  to be honest..

Three very good value for money nights out though with some fantastic racing featuring Woffy, Bewley, Lambert, Doyle, Fricke, Kurtz, Zagar et al....

Off to Cardiff for the two GP's this weekend to watch some "proper speedway" but the racing probably wont be as good as the NSS and Peterborough (as well as others), can provide...

With the threat of development for housing, and the cost of living challenges ahead, tracks need as many "die hards" to stick with them I would think...

If your team wins then great, if not, then there is always next week..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mikebv said:

100%...

The crowd, I would say, slightly less than usual, but not dramatically so.

• Like 1

Anyone know why Douglas only had his four programmed rides yesterday? Would have thought that he would at least of had one of the R/R rides.