British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Coventry Select Wed 17th Aug

13 hours ago, False dawn said:

I hate to say it, but the weather forecast does not look good. :(

depends what weather forecast you look at . Met office gives  a 50% chance of some rain at 10am which helps with watering then rest of day a 20% chance of rain !! 

Metcheck shows 0.1 mm of rain till 1pm!!  

so please don't put people off going !!  BBC Weather is notoriously wrong anyway .

This is a night for Coventry fans to see a Bees team back on track for one night and hopefully many will travel the short distance up the M6 to Perry Barr

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

depends what weather forecast you look at . Met office gives  a 50% chance of some rain at 10am which helps with watering then rest of day a 20% chance of rain !! 

Metcheck shows 0.1 mm of rain till 1pm!!  

so please don't put people off going !!  BBC Weather is notoriously wrong anyway .

This is a night for Coventry fans to see a Bees team back on track for one night and hopefully many will travel the short distance up the M6 to Perry Barr

Please understand. Putting people off was last thing on my mind. This is a chance for the Coventry faithful, of which I'm one, to meet and celebrate the Bees rich heritage.

I was just saying that for the second time this year, the weather looked like it might intervene. If the forecast is now more optimistic I'm delighted and will get all my yellow black gear out of the cupboard and look forward to spending some time with old friends, on and off the track.

• Like 1

Does the £10 admission with a Coventry programme board or scarf, or bobble hat still apply?

On 8/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, Gerbat1875 said:

Another pointless meeting, probably cost a fortune in rent and other things,  do people think that a patched up Brummies and a select team opposition will generate any new fans,  me don't think so 

You may say it's a POINTLESS meeting but at least the promotion are trying to keep it going unlike us at Newcastle 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Does the £10 admission with a Coventry programme board or scarf, or bobble hat still apply?

Think that was just for the month of June ???

£10 across the 'board' (pardon the pun) would be a fair suggestion.

no rain forecast now today .. had a bit last night but that helps John Priest with the watering . Hope to see a good turn out of Bees fans tonight !!

On 8/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, Gerbat1875 said:

Another pointless meeting, probably cost a fortune in rent and other things,  do people think that a patched up Brummies and a select team opposition will generate any new fans,  me don't think so 

I would say it has as much relevance as many, many other meetings that get ran..

Cherry picking riders is "par for the Speedway course" it seems, virtually every evening, so why not take the opportunity to try and entice some fans of a defunct local team to your track..? 

Even if just 100 turn up it will be more than the vast majority of away teams will ever bring...

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

I would say it has as much relevance as many, many other meetings that get ran..

Cherry picking riders is "par for the Speedway course" it seems, virtually every evening, so why not take the opportunity to try and entice some fans of a defunct local team to your track..? 

Even if just 100 turn up it will be more than the vast majority of away teams will ever bring...

That's what opinions are about,  you say it's relevant I say it's pointless,  so we won't agree will we, I do think a fair few Cov fans will attend,  but I don't think anymore than the diehards at Brum will attend, let's be honest,  the Birmingham public have not really taken to the speedway in the 15 years since the reopening apart from the opening season, I doubt it will get any better now,  I have said before and I will say again the kids who are supposed to be the future are just not interested and let's be truthful here Birmingham have a lot of older fans,  they ain't going to be around forever are they?.  I hope all who attend tonight have a nice time. 

5 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

That's what opinions are about,  you say it's relevant I say it's pointless,  so we won't agree will we, I do think a fair few Cov fans will attend,  but I don't think anymore than the diehards at Brum will attend, let's be honest,  the Birmingham public have not really taken to the speedway in the 15 years since the reopening apart from the opening season, I doubt it will get any better now,  I have said before and I will say again the kids who are supposed to be the future are just not interested and let's be truthful here Birmingham have a lot of older fans,  they ain't going to be around forever are they?.  I hope all who attend tonight have a nice time. 

I am not saying it is relevant. ..

Far from it....

It just has as much relevance as pretty much every meeting in the UK...

Not pointless though,  as it no doubt helps Birmingham run 'x' number of meetings which may be part of their contract and also gives 14 riders another meeting...

Which is essentially why UK Speedway is ran. ..

I hope you got a decent attendance.

Great double-page article about the Brummies Promoter in this week's Speedway Star.

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I hope you got a decent attendance.

Great double-page article about the Brummies Promoter in this week's Speedway Star.

Any chance you can scan a copy here for those of us that don't have the Star ?