Steve Shovlar

Poole v Redcar. Championship. 17/8/22

I’m on my way so hope it isn’t the heavy stuff

Train is delayed now due to a suicide. :(

Edited by Turnip
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Train is delayed now due to a suicide. :(

Unfortunately these incidents usually cause lots of delays and cancellations. 

Just now, Triple.H. said:

Unfortunately these incidents usually cause lots of delays and cancellations. 

Yep, train from London just come through so hopefully line is now clear.

I'm due to arrive Poole at 1513 but looking like a hour later at mo.

On 8/15/2022 at 4:42 PM, Dickie Head said:

Pirates usual 1 to 7

Redcar (subject to events at Plymouth the night before):  Wright, Riss R/R, Edwards, Andersen, Kerr, Newman, Jenkins.

Yes, was going to be Sedgeman guesting for Riss until Brummies decided on their 'challenge' match with a Coventry select 7

I'm on a detour now due to suicide on the rails. Heading to London via Tamworth into Euston, underground to Waterloo then over to Poole. Shud be 535 arrival into Poole now. 

Quick nip over to the b&b & keeping all me T's crossed that the meeting goes ahead. Stressed.

Rain is dissolving in the channel south of Poole so fingers crossed it won’t hit us now. Might get a heavy shower late afternoon but much less rain than was expected. Had none at all so far. 

• Like 1

The main problem with this weather is the track is likely to be under watered due to the threat of rain all day so could end up vey slick and a dust bowl early on

11 minutes ago, simonc said:

The main problem with this weather is the track is likely to be under watered due to the threat of rain all day so could end up vey slick and a dust bowl early on

True, met office now has only 10% chance of rain! Someone tell them to water the track!!!

12 minutes ago, simonc said:

You are just speculating.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You are just speculating.

Which is why i said likely and based on years of seeing the same happen. No fault of the promotion as damned if you do and damned if you don't:rolleyes:

Don’t think the track will need watering. Thundering in Parkstone and heavy rain at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just made it to Waterloo. Was absolutely hammering it down at Euston, biblical, but thankfully I'm heading in the direction of dry weather by the sounds of it ?? & a speedway meeting to enjoy even tho arriving a little later than planned :t:

Edited by Turnip

Looking very 50/50 atm to what you guys are saying,don’t think they’ll be watering track so fingers crossed it goes ahead and heavy stuff kisses the track,if it does go ahead  think Poole should run out comfortable winners 53-37 

1 minute ago, PTW said:

Looking very 50/50 atm to what you guys are saying,don’t think they’ll be watering track so fingers crossed it goes ahead and heavy stuff kisses the track,if it does go ahead  think Poole should run out comfortable winners 53-37 

Personally think it will be closer than that with Newman at reserve. Wet track always helps the away team as well. So I know Redcar are targeting a point, but maybe they should be going for more than that!