British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Plymouth vs Redcar 16/8/22

22 minutes ago, marko said:

Wait for one or two to return or try and sign replacements if it’s long term.

Clearly some clubs are in no rush to complete their fixtures because of calling meetings 24 hours ahead of time so whether it’s the weather or a lack of a team, what difference does it make, the outcome is the same.

Jog on mate, we don't give a flying **** what you think.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, marko said:

Clearly some clubs are in no rush to complete their fixtures because of calling meetings 24 hours ahead of time so whether it’s the weather or a lack of a team, what difference does it make, the outcome is the same.

by all accounts they got gazumped on Lawson and Ellis (short term) refused another rider from Denmark who rides PL only and tried about a dozen other options.

If other accountsare correct Bowtell and Gilkes are out for the season and MPT still in considerable pain. Barker has a hearing in September (very vague so probably the 30th) and as for Kennett, well believe who you want to but its a long term injury and the fact he's not been spotted in a grass field all season where he could earn good money I think proves conclusively that he ain't fit to race.

So how long do you wait for or should they have chucked in the license for the season, got a whopping fine, pissed off a loyal and growing fan base and undone a lot of good work over 4-5 years.

Pretty sure Play off cut off will be 31st August based on all the scheduled fixtures unless the next 2 weeks are a complete wash out.

As a Lakeside fan you should be only too well aware of what happens when fixtures are delayed and backed and crammed in to Autumn.:nono:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, justathought said:

Out of interest what is Kennett's injury exactly? How and when did it happen? 

Happened near start of season Plymouth vs Poole KOC meeting. Crashed and from what I remember an existing metal plate was sticking out of his arm. I'm sure that is what was reported. No close up shots on the stream thank goodness as I'm not sure I could cope with the image! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HGould said:

by all accounts they got gazumped on Lawson and Ellis (short term) refused another rider from Denmark who rides PL only and tried about a dozen other options.

If other accountsare correct Bowtell and Gilkes are out for the season and MPT still in considerable pain. Barker has a hearing in September (very vague so probably the 30th) and as for Kennett, well believe who you want to but its a long term injury and the fact he's not been spotted in a grass field all season where he could earn good money I think proves conclusively that he ain't fit to race.

So how long do you wait for or should they have chucked in the license for the season, got a whopping fine, pissed off a loyal and growing fan base and undone a lot of good work over 4-5 years.

Pretty sure Play off cut off will be 31st August based on all the scheduled fixtures unless the next 2 weeks are a complete wash out.

As a Lakeside fan you should be only too well aware of what happens when fixtures are delayed and backed and crammed in to Autumn.:nono:

Lakesides issue wasn’t that they kept calling meetings off 24 hours in advance, it was some guy throwing his toys because he didn’t like another track hundreds of miles away running the same night that his club ran.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Poor old Richard! Think of all the guest bookings he'd have missed if he'd agreed to the Plymouth promises.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

IT WAS RAINING PERSISTENTLY. !! Knockers keep on knocking …come on the scunnies…..

Some people can not help themselves. I think Plymouth have called off about 3 meetings the day before to save expense for riders, themselves and fans money and time. Guess what, they have been proved correct every single time.

I personally remember at least three times this approach would have saved me time and money. One to Edinburgh another to Middlesbrough and one to Ipswich following the Pirates.

With regard to the other moans re Plymouth how do people think they can replace injured riders or one being suspended. Not one single rider is in the team from the original team for several meetings.

No 1 Edward Kennett. Signed long before start of season and crashed in first meeting causing big damage to existing injury. They have tried to sign a replacement but have been blocked each time

No 2 Alfie Bowtell _ injured at Birmingham and could be out for the season.

No 3 Ben Barker - now suspended awaiting hearing.

No 4  Michael Palm-Toft  - Tried coming back after that very bad crash at Poole . Will he be back this season

No 5 Hans Anderson - Crashed at Sheffield and was out for a few weeks

No 6 - Dan Gilles - crashed heavy at Scunthorpe on 29th April still out and could be for the rest of season

No 7 Henry Atkins  -  walked out on cub for some reason.

Try replacing these riders with the lack of riders in this country and restrictions for riders riding in other countries.

Has anyone else heard of such bad luck. Yet the fans have still backed the team, crowds do not seemed to have dropped and are very good. This sows their commitment to the team, manager and promoters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marko said:

Lakesides issue wasn’t that they kept calling meetings off 24 hours in advance, it was some guy throwing his toys because he didn’t like another track hundreds of miles away running the same night that his club ran.

To quote your recent post earlier in this thread:

"what difference does it make, the outcome is the same."