British Speedway Forum
Speedway fan

BRITISH U21 FINAL -- BIRMINGHAM 31st AUG 7.15

Well done to Leon Flint fully deserved winner.  Despite what some say we've got some great kids coming through (even Drew Kemp!) I just hope our shambolic league structure doesn't throttle their progress!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Congrats to Leon, commiserations to Tom as it looked as though he was going to make a race of it until that happened.  Saw most of the meeting but had to keep flipflopping between it and BTsports as the Norwegian Meat Shield was banging them in at the Etihad.  Enjoyable evening of sport all round.

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Well done to Leon Flint fully deserved winner.  Despite what some say we've got some great kids coming through (even Drew Kemp!) I just hope our shambolic league structure doesn't throttle their progress!

As they just said on commentary, despite a few of the original line up withdrawing, we have still seen some good racing from the youngsters which shows that its not just on eor two decent riders coming through either.  

Kids well down the points table still going out and really giving it their best shot in each heat too  - good attitude.

• Like 3

Also a big nod towards Tom Brennan. Obviously a very promising, talented young rider. I heard him interviewed after gueating for Berwick last year. Came across as a very level headed young man. Thanked the club for the opportunity etc. To keep progressing as he has, after all the things he has been through over the past couple of years, speaks volumes for his character.

Now to crash on Monday, be told by the doctors to rest for a couple of weeks, then come back two night later. Says all you need to know about the toughness of a speedway rider. A different breed.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Got the massive delay between heat 20 and the semi to come while they change tyres... they don't mess about changing airbags at brum do they!

If you are going to do a job  , do it properly. 

Airbags are easy to change if you have the right people doing the job.

• Like 3

Very enjoyable. 

Flint was class above on the night. 

Brennan wasn't 100% but I agree seems to be over racing a bit. 

Best I've seen Connor Bailey ride very impressed and best I've seen of the twins away from Leicester. 

Of the younger brigade stand out was Ace Pijper, wow... Clearly destined for big things. 

Kemp seems to be battling himself at the moment and on a plateau. 

Well done Laurence and the staff, excellent track and well staged. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

No bubbly again :cheers:

Some riders would be under 18? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

No bubbly again :cheers:

If that's the worst thing that you find, it must have been a successful evening. 

1 minute ago, Petecc said:

If that's the worst thing that you find, it must have been a successful evening. 

Just an observation. There was none at the CLRC either, though the trophies at the BU21 were better than the CLRC lumps of glass plastic

23 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Some riders would be under 18? 

Dandelion and Burdock? (Yuk!)

Flint and Brennan look like they have the capabilities to go far.. D Thompson too if he moves away from Leicester and can adjust to that!! Ace Pijper looked decent and could be a success..  the rest look like they will make solid league riders but maybe no more than that but we need them as much as the next world star! 

Kemp and Edwards were the biggest disappointments last night but think Kemp is struggling for confidence and Edwards maybe burnout