British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Panthers v Stars 25/08/22

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We are running 

There lies the problem as i think its better if they ride the bikes myself,    

• Haha 2

Pretty much a gating match tonight,although there was some good races involving Basso,Harris and Lawson.

The track rode very well although a rut did appear on bend 2.Several times were quite close to the track record.

Nice to actually record an away win and the 4pts we got should make sure we don't finish bottom this season.Make the next step up next season and we may manage 4th and the play offs.

• Like 1

Harris and Basso are the only two that deserve a place in the team next year, though I think we shall struggle too keep them. Put money on the fact that ulrich will be back because the fans love him…. Even tho he’s sh”t. 

Cant make out why Kenneth Bjerre hasn’t been mentioned, he’s been banging scores in in Poland. Need too try get him back imo. 

7 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Try reading a dictionary.

Try being less of a jerk.

Which of these is obvious?

How about forecast predicts 70-80% chance of rain for afternoon dropping to 30-40% around 7pm. Is that an obvious call--off?

How about 60% chance of rain during the meeting?

How about heavy rain 48 hours before the meeting?

Edited by arnieg

When I arrived at the track around 5pm, the track staff were just getting access to it as it had been too wet to do anything with, the surface was bladed off and they all restarted laying a fresh surface with additional new material, once relaid it looked quite good but very grippy, once the riders and management s looked at it, it was all bladed off again, difficult to imagine who requested that.

But that left it slick with pretty much nothing left and a trappers paradise, times were good but the racing was complete shyte and didn’t suit anyone on the home side other than Basso who was riding with a shoulder injury.

It certainly didn’t suit Bomber and with Andersen and Nicholls on their usual steeds it was very predictable which way this match would go. 

For the record I still don’t think Lynn will make the Play offs 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

When I arrived at the track around 5pm, the track staff were just getting access to it as it had been too wet to do anything with, the surface was bladed off and they all restarted laying a fresh surface with additional new material, once relaid it looked quite good but very grippy, once the riders and management s looked at it, it was all bladed off again, difficult to imagine who requested that.

But that left it slick with pretty much nothing left and a trappers paradise, times were good but the racing was complete shyte and didn’t suit anyone on the home side other than Basso who was riding with a shoulder injury.

It certainly didn’t suit Bomber and with Andersen and Nicholls on their usual steeds it was very predictable which way this match would go. 

All these Lynn fans going on about how good it was, well yes admittedly you can only beat the team infront of you but look at that panthers team, half of them aren’t worthy too wear the race jacket

4 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

All these Lynn fans going on about how good it was, well yes admittedly you can only beat the team infront of you but look at that panthers team, half of them aren’t worthy too wear the race jacket

Where are all these Lynn fans that said how good it was,certainly not on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

How about forecast predicts 70-80% chance of rain for afternoon dropping to 30-40% around 7pm. Is that an obvious call--off?

It seems to me that trying to place any firm parameters on rain-offs is futile. Local knowledge is the vital thing - stadium access, track conditions, machinery available (and if it can actually get on the track) all point to what might be possible. Add in weather forecasts and the financial considerations I outlined above. 

In the end the buck stops with the Promoter, who has to make a decision* - right or wrong. I’ve postponed meetings that could in the end have been raced, and not postponed ones that led ultimately to either a very late call off or an abandonment.

The one thing I hope we all agree on is that in the current climate no Promoter can afford to incur all the fixed costs of a meeting without a high level of assurance the meeting can be staged.

* Prior to the arrival of the referee who then assumes the role of decision maker.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Not just obvious but clearly obvious lol

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

They did you proud last season!!  If I was a Boro fan I'd want to know what's gone wrong, injuries have obviously played a big part .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Where are all these Lynn fans that said how good it was,certainly not on here.

It was only good from a winning point of view .....

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Just to slightly amend your statement, it definitely wasn't slick after it was bladed, actually quite the opposite. Granted it didn't make a dirt line around the wide outside but from curb to over half way across was very grippy. 

14 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

I think i have these correct,although the tannoy isn't very clear coming off bend two.

58.5, 58.4, 58.2, 58.0, 57.9, 57.8, 57.6, 57.6, 58.6, 58.6, 58.7, 59.1, 58.6, 58.5, 58.7

• Like 1