British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

Sheffield v Belle Vue 25th August

5 hours or so of dry warm weather with 20+ degrees to sort the track. (If that’s the reason)

poole got there track raceable in  1 hour last week. 

Yet another poor look for Sheffield 

• Like 1

If they can’t fix track in over 4 hours in middle of summer while it’s warm then that’s terrible. Other tracks can fix a track in an hour. 

What an absolute effing joke. First Kings Lynn, now Sheffield. Wolves are next no doubt. Sheffield IMO are running scared, same with KL. I despair. I do not have the words.

To be fair, it rained last night heavily and has been raining  pretty consistently since about 8.30 this morning. Wasn’t just a passing shower

Should set fire to the track like they did at Plymouth the other night!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

To be fair, it rained last night heavily and has been raining  pretty consistently since about 8.30 this morning. Wasn’t just a passing shower

Yeah. A lot of rain fell. Can’t dispute that. But should be plenty of time to sort track. Even if they delayed the meeting till 8pm. 

Most aces fans leave at 6pm. Riders already over here. No need for such an early call off. It just looks like they haven’t even tried 

They'll be shoe horning fixtures in to October as usual. This having just run 3 times at home in June/July/Aug. 

(This one being the 2nd Off in that time frame) .

British speedway yet again shooting themselves.

Edited by tyke

My understanding (from track staff posts elsewhere) is that we don’t get access to the track until the dogs finish at around 5.30pm. Simply not enough time to get the track fit for racing.

if they half arse the preparation and the racing is rubbish or a rider gets injured, the promotion get slated. Just look at the fall out from Cardiff and the number of people vowing to never go back. 

Fairly sure that the decision won’t have been taken lightly, the income from a local derby would be much appreciated after the number of rain offs etc

Some of the non-running weeks were due to stadium unavailability, so not all down to “speedway” reasons

20 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Yeah. A lot of rain fell. Can’t dispute that. But should be plenty of time to sort track. Even if they delayed the meeting till 8pm. 

Most aces fans leave at 6pm. Riders already over here. No need for such an early call off. It just looks like they haven’t even tried 

The rain falling hasn't been torrential, and the track has drainage, which won't have been overwhelmed due to the very small amount that's fallen in the last few/many weeks. This is just another nail in the coffin of the sport as far as I'm concerned. I'm not that far away from Owlerton, the roads around here are almost if not dry now and I'm sure that they could have got a satisfactory meeting on.

The SCB ought to have a nearby referee come and inspect the track around 7.30pm and give his independent opinion. If he considers the track raceable then award Belle Vue 4 points and fine the Sheffield promotion. 

5 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

My understanding (from track staff posts elsewhere) is that we don’t get access to the track until the dogs finish at around 5.30pm. Simply not enough time to get the track fit for racing.

if they half arse the preparation and the racing is rubbish or a rider gets injured, the promotion get slated. Just look at the fall out from Cardiff and the number of people vowing to never go back. 

Fairly sure that the decision won’t have been taken lightly, the income from a local derby would be much appreciated after the number of rain offs etc

The last Greyhound race at Owlerton today was 13.59. So not sure the 5.30pm stacks up  in this instance

Edited by tyke