British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick v Scunthorpe 27/08/22 7pm

Jason Edwards did the opposite. 10 paid 12 helping Edinburgh to a 4 point away win at Brum. Then 2 weeks later did not score in Bears 50-40 defeat at Perry Barr.

Kasper Andersen was I rider that I picked out to be a 2nd string for us pre season because of his scores around the EWR.

Jake Allens decision to go back to Scunny, wrong imo. Has had a terrible season. Definitely needs to move away from there in 2023.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eric i said:

This sort of thing has happened every year countless times over the years. Ryan Douglas just says hes too injured to ride, he travels to Poland just in case he feels better on sunday. 

They went to the GP!! However I don't know if Ryan is riding in Poland tomorrow. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Anyway back to the meeting, good to finish the season on a win even if it didn't move us up the league , thanks to Richard Lawson great choice of guest,and Jye back to early season form,Jonas done really well considering he had the full amount of rides do hope we can entice him and maybe his brother next year looking forward to the Bullets playoffs.

• Like 1

Very weak Scunny side,but fair play to Lambert,Wright and Mountain they were busting gut in every ride and provided the entertainment.Though Jonus had his best home match(said he wasn’t 100% due to crash earlier in the week.

The farce of the though ,Lawson helping Scunny getting a point last night then scoring max tonight against them.But Hey that’s speedway.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Cos that isn't childish at all!!

Maybe Scunny need to ask themselves why no one is willing to guest?

Probably cos they couldn’t be arsed to travel to Berwick to score hardly any points on a track that’s…hmmm enough said 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Probably cos they couldn’t be arsed to travel to Berwick to score hardly any points on a track that’s…hmmm enough said 

Yeah, you’ve said more than enough. Off you toddle

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was there tonight and yes Scunthorpe we’re woeful 

with regards Guest for the Scorpions  ???
This weekend the fixtures completed are ones that have been rained off from  earlier in the season ,so this weekend in Britain there were no fixtures scheduled and I expect riders have booked mini breaks or are resting injuries themselves and like a poster stated earlier they don’t have to honour any fixture to a club there not contracted to ??? . It will get very interesting as I’m sure in the play offs Guests can only be used from sides not in the play offs I think  ?? .

Back to tonight’s fixture for Berwick the new Dane looks a good prospect and for them Theo Pjyper fell into Jake Allen’s gang didn’t look interested or riding ther average done 

Whoever gets into the playoffs I wish them well and hope rider unavailability in the seasons finale doesn’t hinder sides as it will become who is willing to pay the highest for a guest  .

One last thing Berwick run a good show and without the time taken for a collection it was a good fair track and decent racing

13 hours ago, eric i said:

Superb as Ryan Douglas has been this year, you just now he will have recovered in time for the big money in Poland.

Douglas has been in Poland since Friday morning. Between riding electric scooters through the streets on Friday afternoon to going to the GP today. Do I think he was injured enough to not ride probably not. Will he ride in Poland tomorrow probably yes. 

happens all to often these days unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Douglas has been in Poland since Friday morning. Between riding electric scooters through the streets on Friday afternoon to going to the GP today. Do I think he was injured enough to not ride probably not. Will he ride in Poland tomorrow probably yes. 

happens all to often these days unfortunately.

And all with the blessings of those who run the sport...

Which is sadly why the sport isnt taken seriously in the UK..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Very weak Scunny side,but fair play to Lambert,Wright and Mountain they were busting gut in every ride and provided the entertainment.Though Jonus had his best home match(said he wasn’t 100% due to crash earlier in the week.

The farce of the though ,Lawson helping Scunny getting a point last night then scoring max tonight against them.But Hey that’s speedway.

As other countries prove, you can run Speedway without guests and with credibility...

But. This country simply just chooses to not follow their lead...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

As other countries prove, you can run Speedway without guests and with credibility...

But. This country simply just chooses to not follow their lead...

Credibility like the Lucky Loser playoff system?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Credibility like the Lucky Loser playoff system?

They may have been asked to trial it for the BSPL...:D

Although they would have to wait until they get more than six teams in their league to make it seem worthwhile... :D

Might be another meeting at Berwick if the website report is anything to go by (meeting report).

Only bad thing about last night was Flinty and Jamie being interviewed with junior races going on. You missed half of what was being said (could the juniors not have waited for five minutes or interview when the races change over).

Great to see another win to end the season on.