British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick v Scunthorpe 27/08/22 7pm

55 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I can see why they have brought in Connor Mountain for Aarnio as r/r for your 1 & 3 is stupid.

RR is only allowed for one rider per team per meeting!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, screm said:

If Douglas is on his way to Poland to race tomorrow, it makes a mockery that Scunthorpe are getting a facility to cover him tonight 

If it’s true just look whose in charge of speedway in this country oh yes Scunthorpe’s promoter it stinks. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You know riders aren't obliged to guest! If they don't want to, they don't have to. Sounds like King wants to spend time with his family. Not sure why Kyle doesn't want it, but with lack of Sheffield meetings you think he would want to. But tbf to him he has done quite a bit of guesting this season already. 

Kyle has guested for us quite a few times so it was strange he said no.

30 minutes ago, screm said:

If Douglas is on his way to Poland to race tomorrow, it makes a mockery that Scunthorpe are getting a facility to cover him tonight 

Masters did similar not long ago. :t:

16 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If it’s true just look whose in charge of speedway in this country oh yes Scunthorpe’s promoter it stinks. 

Get off your high horse. :angry:

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Masters did similar not long ago. :t:

Get off your high horse. :angry:

Someone else doing it still makes a mockery of getting a facility, and it also highlights who's running the sport in this country. I think it's unfair to say Godfrey is biased, I think he's just been a general failure as chairman so everyone has probably benefitted equally.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

This sort of thing has happened every year countless times over the years. Ryan Douglas just says hes too injured to ride, he travels to Poland just in case he feels better on sunday. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, screm said:

As a wise Edinburgh supporter once said, every injured rider will have a point when he is injured one day and not injured the next. Also the recent ruling not to allow IRR for a pre-existing injury is a definite incentive to delay returning from injury. It's always been the privilege of an injured rider to decide when to return.

There's no doubt Ryan Douglas has been injured. I'd be more inclined to ask why a facility is given for the European Pairs, a dud of a competition which other riders could have been selected for.

• Like 2

Just now, eric i said:

This sort of thing has happened every year countless times over the years. Ryan Douglas just says hes too injured to ride, he travels to Poland just in case he feels better on sunday. 

He knows better than let Poland down I suggest.Nothing changes in GB speedway though we put up with all this nonsense.(apologies to Ryan as it’s just speedway in general,he’s not the only one)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

As a wise Edinburgh supporter once said, every injured rider will have a point when he is injured one day and not injured the next. Also the recent ruling not to allow IRR for a pre-existing injury is a definite incentive to delay returning from injury. It's always been the privilege of an injured rider to decide when to return.

There's no doubt Ryan Douglas has been injured. I'd be more inclined to ask why a facility is given for the European Pairs, a dud of a competition which other riders could have been selected for.

Agree.

Robs going to pay him what? 80 a point? 

What will he earn in Poland? 

Considerably more I'd suggest. 

Like someone has said best not to upset the Poles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Stewart said:

I take your point, there will always be a time where a rider in unfit one day then fit the next, however, it is pushing things a bit where Douglas is currently injured but apparently is actively travelling to another meeting.

As others have said, clearly Douglas doesn't want to upset his Polish pay masters. 

39 minutes ago, screm said:

I take your point, there will always be a time where a rider in unfit one day then fit the next, however, it is pushing things a bit where Douglas is currently injured but apparently is actively travelling to another meeting.

As others have said, clearly Douglas doesn't want to upset his Polish pay masters. 

Didn't masters do same thing few weeks ago when Edinburgh were at Leicester he was in Poland?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Didn't masters do same thing few weeks ago when Edinburgh were at Leicester he was in Poland?

I posted the same earlier but glad someone else has mentioned it.

Another poster criticises Godfrey but he is the Chairman & not the only one to make decisions.

Someone also says 2 wrongs don't make a right.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Certainly did.