British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Stars v Panthers 01/09/22

Heat 15 was called wrong IMO as well Harris drifted wide to block the run on Klindt and left Klindt with no where to go, hardly surprising Klindt ran into him

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ref wasn't Christina was it?

Carrington according to the programme.Two shocking decisions from an experienced referee if indeed it was him.The one with Harris missing the 2 minutes by a distance dumbfounded everyone.He didn't even enter the track until about 20 seconds after the 2 minutes had elapsed.At that point I had to check the programme to make sure it wasn't Turnbull,or that other one whose name I can't remember.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Ref wasn't Christina was it?

Whoever it was is on my black list!! They did their best to lose us the meeting!

6 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Before criticising the Panthers team, why not give them a chance?

Harris and Basso could prove to be the difference tonight. 

Think a few people owe you an apology for doubting your belief in the Panthers lol!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Heat 15 was called wrong IMO as well Harris drifted wide to block the run on Klindt and left Klindt with no where to go, hardly surprising Klindt ran into him

I saw it differently, I thought Harris was wide (wider than intended id imagine), Klindt up inside but caught a little grip, missed the apex of fourth bend and drifted into Harris front wheel. 

Either way, enjoyable meeting and a much deserved point. Lynn fans certainly wasn't happy to only scrape home by a couple points 

So......

Exceptional Panthers performance and Stars complacent?

Average fiddling?

A stage managed 'happiness is 46-44'?

Answers on a postcard.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So......

Average fiddling?

Exceptional Panthers performance I reckon backed up by the ref ......

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So......

Average fiddling?

The top one Bagpuss.The next two are a typical speedway fans conspiracy theories of what happens in speedway.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Think a few people owe you an apology for doubting your belief in the Panthers lol!

We lost...makes it worse for me because if management had made an effort rather than put 2 ringers in we would have won. Great effort from the other 4 though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

I saw it differently, I thought Harris was wide (wider than intended id imagine), Klindt up inside but caught a little grip, missed the apex of fourth bend and drifted into Harris front wheel. 

Either way, enjoyable meeting and a much deserved point. Lynn fans certainly wasn't happy to only scrape home by a couple points 

FWIW Nic has just tweeted "good night for me, minus knocking off my mate bomber in heat 15" which would appear to support your view!

Last nights results proved a couple of things, panthers all be it 3 of them actually had some fight in them! (Never questioned basso and Bomber) and also bassoracingfan was actually correct about us causing a shock even if we did lose by 2!!!

More concerned that Lynn only beat us by 2 with that team 

18 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

It's hard to take 'lack of riders' excuse.

Only two other teams racing in the country, yes riders don't want to ride all the time, could be planning on travelling etc. 

The fact that Lambo is clearly the  promotions favourite, even if there were better choices I doubt they would go for them.

Alex Spooner at 7 I see.

Lambert is only up the road in Boston so cost would be cheap too have brought him in for last night 

2 hours ago, chrismorton said:

We lost...makes it worse for me because if management had made an effort rather than put 2 ringers in we would have won. Great effort from the other 4 though.

So ... who do you suggest they chose?

Andersen 4.96 and Ostergaard 4.87 ...

• Like 2