British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

2 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Anyone heard anything about the Gladiators line up for tomorrow?

Best to check and see which NDL riders aren't racing elsewhere.....!!

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Skidder by all means wind up the annoying ones but not one of the nicer ones! ;)

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I’d suggest with this being the first leg now, that notion has left the building hence perhaps the delay in announcing a side?

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Skidder by all means wind up the annoying ones but not one of the nicer ones! ;)

Thank you Lisa, I’m pretty sure that’s a compliment :)

• Like 1

Just now, jbell1995 said:

Thank you Lisa, I’m pretty sure that’s a compliment :)

Definitely! :t:

I have had a look on both clubs websites and can't see any line ups listed yet. My betting is it will be released in the morning. But poor show not to know the day before imo! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Definitely! :t:

I have had a look on both clubs websites and can't see any line ups listed yet. My betting is it will be released in the morning. But poor show not to know the day before imo! 

Yeah I’ve been scouring forums and various pages all day but can’t seem to find anything? As I said a moment ago, perhaps with this now being the first leg, Mark and Garry are trying to get a reasonably competitive side with the riders left, perhaps Batchelor will turn out for this one? 

5 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Yeah I’ve been scouring forums and various pages all day but can’t seem to find anything? As I said a moment ago, perhaps with this now being the first leg, Mark and Garry are trying to get a reasonably competitive side with the riders left, perhaps Batchelor will turn out for this one? 

Not sure I would go for Batch at Poole personally. Some of his races when he last came with Oxford, he was very slow. If Leon Flint fits he would be a good one. Unless he is riding in the Brum meeting? Aaron Summers, again not sure on average fitting.

Edited by lisa-colette

Won't Plymouth as much as possible want to stick to same line ups such is the guest rules in play offs? I know Nichols doesn't fit away but sedgy and flint surely be included?

Just realised sedgy will be at Birmingham. D'oh

Edited by Jaizer

While I don't think the meeting could have gone ahead tonight, why didn't Plymouth wait until this morning to make a decision?  The forecast can change very quickly from day-to-day, especially when it's for storms.  Early call-offs are sensible, but this one was being ridiculous, and just makes it look like Plymouth wanted the second leg at home.

Plymouth have become a figure of fun this season: there's the daft situation with Eddie Kennett, setting fire to their own track, and now calling off meeting a whole day in advance.  It's hard to take Plymouth Speedway very seriously. 

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

While I don't think the meeting could have gone ahead tonight, why didn't Plymouth wait until this morning to make a decision?  The forecast can change very quickly from day-to-day, especially when it's for storms.  Early call-offs are sensible, but this one was being ridiculous, and just makes it look like Plymouth wanted the second leg at home.

Plymouth have become a figure of fun this season: there's the daft situation with Eddie Kennett, setting fire to their own track, and now calling off meeting a whole day in advance.  It's hard to take Plymouth Speedway very seriously. 

Why was this one ridiculous though? Plymouth has had yellow weather warnings for thunderstorms (all of which have been accurate if you check the current situation around the city with localised flooding etc) for the last three days…

I’d say this was a sensible and fair assessment 

• Like 1

Just now, jbell1995 said:

Why was this one ridiculous though? Plymouth has had yellow weather warnings for thunderstorms (all of which have been accurate if you check the current situation around the city with localised flooding etc) for the last three days…

I’d say this was a sensible and fair assessment 

Thunderstorms are the hardest type of weather to predict because they are so changeable. This morning, the forecast could have been totally different. It wasn't, but that's missing the point. Had the forecast changed this morning, Plymouth would have been left with massive egg on their face.. yet again.  Why call off a meeting the day before - it doesn't make sense. 

No wonder Plymouth were the only team in the Championship not to finish their home fixtures by the play-off deadline despite the driest summer for nearly 30 years.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

We did beat scunthorpe home and away, seriously :party:

12 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

The FACT that the call off proved to be 100% the correct decision as did the call off for the Redcar match your comments are completely immaterial and really can't be taken seriously, best get your own house in order and keep blowing smoke up the Chairman's arse:t: