British Speedway Forum
Odds On

Swindon Stadium

43 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

A man I met at the Reading Racino, who was asking for directions to Torquay United's Riviera Arena.

Via Milton Keynes and Bristol no doubt 

Posted (edited)

From Swindon Motorsports website

The founder directors have invested capital to launch the company, employ the professional team, bring together the operating partners, locate a site, design the facility, and make a planning application.

The Board is keen to work alongside partners with a skill base and expertise in the management and promotion of multi-use leisure facilities. 

In addition, shares will be made available for purchase by individuals in due course. Further information on this will follow soon.

We are in discussion with various operating partners and will bring these

forwards in the weeks/months to come. 

Our list of partners is not exclusive, and we are open to approaches from operators of motor sport and motor-oriented self-drive/ride facilities.

As a potential operator of motor sport I used the "contact us" button in November 2023, shortly after the news that a site had been identified. As yet I have had no reply.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

I won't have a word said against the Bristol Superdrome.   It's the "Most successful Speedway venue of the modern era".

It says so here   https://swindonmotorsports.co.uk/team-%26-partners

Clark Osborne .. not known by many lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

From Swindon Motorsports website

As a potential operator of motor sport I used the "contact us" button in November 2023, shortly after the news that a site had been identified. As yet I have had no reply.

I used the website "contact us" form a while ago to ask for directions to, and a fixture list for,  Bristol stadium, the most successful Speedway venue of the modern era.   Surprisingly I have had no reply either.

It's as if the "contact us" form goes nowhere.  Anyone else want to try it?

10 hours ago, orion said:

Mmmm 

I'm sure it won't happen. It's just that I used to drive past the Moto Parc on the way to Blunsdon and it would be the perfect place for a speedway track.

Someone should do it even if it isn't the last lot at Blunsdon.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Ooh, I feel a song coming on.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I'm sure it won't happen. It's just that I used to drive past the Moto Parc on the way to Blunsdon and it would be the perfect place for a speedway track.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Ooh, I feel a song coming on.

Imagine there's no Osborne
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to fib or lie for
And no Russell, too

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

No planning application in for the moto parc as yet so that can’t be it.

How can they be allowed to spout the complete lies on their website? The Bristol bit obviously, but also Osborne was never a promoter at Reading. All he did was take a rent for a few years.

8 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

I won't have a word said against the Bristol Superdrome.   It's the "Most successful Speedway venue of the modern era".

It says so here   https://swindonmotorsports.co.uk/team-%26-partners

interesting. Of the ten tracks mentioned in CO and TR, eight do not exist (or at least do not run speedway) anymore. Of the two that do still have clubs, one of them was shut down for a few years before reopening a year or so ago.

7 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Imagine there's no Osborne
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to fib or lie for
And no Russell, too

Imagine there’s no Speedway. It could happen to you. No Poole or Ipswich. And no Kings Lynn too. 

23 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

I used the website "contact us" form a while ago to ask for directions to, and a fixture list for,  Bristol stadium, the most successful Speedway venue of the modern era.   Surprisingly I have had no reply either.

It's as if the "contact us" form goes nowhere.  Anyone else want to try it?

I also asked where the Bristol venue is yesterday as I was amazed I wasnt aware of it. No answer yet...

42 minutes ago, skydog said:

I also asked where the Bristol venue is yesterday as I was amazed I wasnt aware of it. No answer yet...

Must be talking about eastville in the 1970’s?,Regular 12000 crowds when it ran I think

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Toady said:

Must be talking about eastville in the 1970’s?,Regular 12000 crowds when it ran I think

So, 50 years ago is the modern era and it only lasted 2 years?

Also Eastville was sold to Tesco and Ikea..

Edited by M.D

He used the cash to buy Swindon from ADT auctions