British Speedway Forum
TrainDave

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Aaron summers.

Don't get me started on the jubilee final!!! Lol

Jubilee Final? Really looking forward to it now it’s a three legged final. 

2 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

Typical British speedway really isn’t it! This meeting is a farce. I don’t think any Poole fan will find pleasure in this beat down coming up, including me. 

you will find a lot of poole fans just want to win anyway like shovlar said on a earlier post the place will be packed to the rafters all good then 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Plymouth must be hoping this is off, given the dramatic shortage of available riders.

As one who likes the Plymouth set-up, and felt nothing but good vibes on many visits, I'm really sorry to see the team Garry has been required to nominate.

They will line up, if it is on, as:

1 Rider Replacement 8.40
2 Ben Morley 4.29
3 Ben Trigger  8.00
4 Anders Rowe 6.76
5 Dillon Ruml 7.15
6 Lee Complin 3.26
7 Connor Coles 2.00

Which doesn't look as strong at the Gladiators would want, or deserve.      Which is a shame, not just for Plymouth but also for the blameless Poole, who would have difficulty in promoting a play-off tie against a weakened visiting side with their usual efficiency.

If it is on.

Ben Trigger has done well to get that 8.00 average!

1 Rider Replacement 3.73 (the total of the other 6 riders divided by 6)
2 Ben Morley 5.07
3 Ben Trigger  2.00
4 Anders Rowe 5.21
5 Dillon Ruml 5.47
6 Lee Complin 3.08
7 Connor Coles 1.56

Total Combined GSA Rolling Average: 26.12

This match should be postponed due to Plymouth fielding an understrength team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

Typical British speedway really isn’t it! This meeting is a farce. I don’t think any Poole fan will find pleasure in this beat down coming up, including me. 

Isn’t it the farcical state of the the sport when fans are bickering over the Quality of GUESTS.Only in speedway.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Can’t say I have any sympathy for Plymouth with how they’ve basically cheated with Kennett all season. What goes around comes around as they say.

Cheating occurs when a rule is broken. No rule has been broken. 

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Ben Trigger has done well to get that 8.00 average!

1 Rider Replacement 3.73 (the total of the other 6 riders divided by 6)
2 Ben Morley 5.07
3 Ben Trigger  2.00
4 Anders Rowe 5.21
5 Dillon Ruml 5.47
6 Lee Complin 3.08
7 Connor Coles 1.56

Total Combined GSA Rolling Average: 26.12

This match should be postponed due to Plymouth fielding an understrength team

They used to fine Clubs for fielding understrength Teams.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Can anyone find Danny Ford’s conscience  ? 
Poole to beat Plymouth into oblivion . Another team bites the dust . 

Poole can only race (beat) what's put out in front of them.

WTF has it got to do with DF if Plymouth can't put together a decent team?  They should've replaced Kennett at the start of the season but have used a loophole to use R/R all year and now that's come back and bitten them on the 'arris!  They would've (injuries permitting) had a decent No. 1 riding tonight if they'd replaced EK.  They'd also have Ben Barker if he was available.  Only got themselves to blame I'm afraid...

EDIT: My apologies to all and especially to Ben for my poor choice of original words .  I didn't mean anything, just posted very poor wording without thinking.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Unless the rain dictates otherwise, why should Poole call the meeting off? Poole are a highly professional outfit. There's no way they'd go through a season not replacing a rider out since April (Edward Kennett).  That Plymouth did not so has come back to bite them on the bum.  Why is it Poole's fault that Plymouth have not replaced injured and suspended riders? The recent injuries are hard luck, but Kennett's been out since April and Barker since July.

As for the demise of Plymouth Speedway, I doubt if an away loss on a night when only a handful of their diehards are present is going to make much difference.  The call off of the home meeting against Glasgow - complete with the whole farcical situation of setting their own track on fire to the degree where the fire service was called - was far more damaging.  Heaven knows what the non die-hards in the stadium were thinking that night. I hope that Plymouth are back next season.  

Exactly!! 

Despite the potential for a huge wage bill I would think Danny Ford will be grateful for some income for the first time in 3 weeks after the Riders Championship and Middlo's testimonial on successive Wednesdays?

It is not Poole’s fault on who they race against & it’s just circumstances that Plymouth find themselves in. The Gladiators options on guests are limited & other then those already selected, there are only possibly 5 other riders who could have stepped in. 
Those being Batchelor, Flint, Summers, Allen & Heeps. They may all have their reasons for not being available, so unless the weather intervenes it’s Que sera sera. Good luck to all the riders taking part & hope everyone of them stay safe.

• Like 1

Plymouth will do well to get 25 points tonight! It's such a shame as they started the season so well! I had the misfortune to be there when they thrashed Leicester 60.30! I hope they have better luck next season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They used to fine Clubs for fielding understrength Teams.

It's made a mockery of the WHOLE league season for Plymouth! As if it wasn't farcical enough with the Ed Kennett situation. What's the incentive for the fan to turn out week in week out to qualify for a play off... then this?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Poole can only race (beat) what's put out in front of them.

WTF has it got to do with DF if Plymouth can't put together a decent team?

Nothing! BSPL should step in and either give Poole a bye or order a postponement due to understrength team. 

It maybe in the interests of Poole to run tonight but it's not in the interests of the sport imo

• Like 4

I’m surprised Plymouth didn’t get Adam Roynon in as one of the guests as he does ride for their NDL team,rather then allow him to ride in a challenge match at Birmingham. It’s a big ask for young Ben Trigger having his 1st meeting back since injury but at least he’s giving it a go.

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Nothing! BSPL should step in and either give Poole a bye or order a postponement due to understrength team. 

It maybe in the interests of Poole to run tonight but it's not in the interests of the sport imo

Quite right!