British Speedway Forum
TrainDave

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

8 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

It’s a shame and it really is what it is. There’s nothing Plymouth can do about it most are riding in the “friendly” meeting this evening and probably shows why poole were being clever about why they were so desperate to get the meeting run with around 6/7 days notice. 

It is nothing but a full gone conclusion this meeting and then the home meeting is going to be pointless. 

those saying it’s plymouths fault for using R/R for Kennett all season there’s still R/R for kennett anyways. There is no riders around to replace him ! 

it is what it is, one bonus from this season is exactly how good Plymouth can prove to be when Gary May supported by mark puts a team together. 

Id have gone out on a limb and openly said that had we kept our originally agreed team for all season we would have won the league.

1-Lawson

2- Bowtell 

3- Barker 

4- MPT

5- Andersen 

6- Gilkes 

7- Atkins

so although this season is all but over and has been an up hill struggle all season with injuries I’m already looking forward to the team put together for next year. 

by the way the originally declared team for Plymouth not one rider is riding tonight.. sums up our season. 

BTW not saying it’s pooles fault they are running tonight if anything shows the worry they had fancying a full (ish) Plymouth team over two legs. 

Lawson is riding.

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Nothing! BSPL should step in and either give Poole a bye or order a postponement due to understrength team. 

It maybe in the interests of Poole to run tonight but it's not in the interests of the sport imo

Will anyone outside the sport even know?  They don't know about the GPs, let alone a random mid-week second division meeting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Doesn't Ben Trigger have a knee ligament injury?

What he certainly doesn't have is a CMA of 8.00, surely?

Edited by ancient mariner
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Will anyone outside the sport even know?  They don't know about the GPs, let alone a random mid-week second division meeting.

Don't really care tbh, it's a sporting integrity issue

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That’s what I asked,why do riders not want to guest.!

Unless you live close by, it's a godforsaken place to get to or from. In the case of people like Aaron or Leon, it's only an 850 mile 14 hr round trip. Then in every race you have, you'll face their top 3 and the cook brothers round their home track, so lets say you could easily end up scoring 5 points at best?  at a heatleader rate in the championship £80 a point, that's £400.

Now you got to pay for a mechanic. They're probably not available as they are doing their other job, if they're coming with you and helping with the driving, they're going to lose 2 days work. £150? If it's a meeting mechanic who's local to Poole, going to cost you £60 ish, but you're driving yourself there and back, and god help you if you get injured and end up in the hospital, while there's no one to pack up your stuff, drive your van home etc. Your engine might be in for service right now, some will be as they rode Monday, then Thursday planned, so might not have their chosen engine available?  You run the risk of crash damage, injury, mechanical damage, all for going to get your backside kicked. Your fuel rate won't cover your diesel bill, if you try to stay over somewhere you got hotel to pay, then food on the road etc. 

Certainly it's not that appealing for anyone north of Watford. If you're a half decent heatleader in this division, there's a better than average chance this booking will cost you money  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

100% bully!!!

Remember on here when he stormed out of Coventry after Poole got beat again & quit the forum for months, he thinks no one remembers, the blokes a grade 1 sausage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Mirror Mirror on the wall..................!!:party:

Exactly, only one person on here calling people names and it isn't Steve! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Be careful what you say on the barker situation as you certainly do not no the facts what your saying is slanderous and I hope Ben reads it and after tomorrow’s appeal I hope he gets on to you  about your post and if he is not aware I’m sure plenty of people will make him aware good luck serious error of judgement on the post .

Is it an appeal? I thought he'd failed both a and b tests and was just awaiting the SCB ruling?

• Like 2

One or two short sharp showers since lunch but sun's out in between and there's a gusty wind. Track looks good.

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

One or two short sharp showers since lunch but sun's out in between and there's a gusty wind. Track looks good.

Not been any rain in Parkstone since 8 am. Bone dry here.

Poole won’t be getting my £30 odd quid tonight and I presume many others are in the same position. Silly situation really and a stain on the league as a whole. The sport needs independent governance, quickly, before it dies out. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, pjplymouthdevil said:

Poole won’t be getting my £30 odd quid tonight and I presume many others are in the same position. Silly situation really and a stain on the league as a whole. The sport needs independent governance, quickly, before it dies out. 

That’s the problem though. We can all blame Plymouth for this situation but if riders don’t want to ride for them, there’s little that can be done. As I said earlier, the show goes on.

Seen the Brum meeting off, quick dash for a few of the riders down south and Plymouth could have more of a stronger line up. 

1 hour ago, ancient mariner said:

What he certainly doesn't have is a CMA of 8.00, surely?

When you Guest in terms of the composition of the team and eligibility for RR rides etc, you assume the average of the rider you are guesting for. 

58 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly, only one person on here calling people names and it isn't Steve! 

Loyalty is very laudible

Blind aliegence is a very dangerous trait. 

Edited by HGould
Spell change