British Speedway Forum
TrainDave

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

1 hour ago, lewy said:

I've got a screenshot of it which i will be showing to bb. Get a good solicitor. :t:

Oh do grow up. Yes it was a stupid comment by C4G, but any decent solicitor would tell you the is exchange falls way short of being actionable. 

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

Have edited as I certainly didn't mean to cause any offence.  Was just a thoughtless turn of phrase, so apologies to all especially Ben.

Have edited.  No offence was meant to anyone.  As I say above, a thoughtless turn of phrase for which I apologise.

As your post has been quoted, it does not matter that you have edited it as it is still there in black & white unless others delete the quote.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thunder and lightning at stadium. Hammering down. Wont last long but damage is being done. Looks like Plymouth get the first leg after all. :)

Is that not a "tongue in cheek" comment even with an emoji?

It even means you get your "divine right" to hold the 2nd leg at home, weather permitting. B)

Chris I’ve deleted the post as you say it was heat of the moment stuff that’s no excuse and I can’t delete others who have used it please think though in future as it’s some ones living at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Plymouth fans wishing huge losses on another speedway club is disgraceful. 

That's what we at Plymouth had to endure regards the Glasgow match, from all directions! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

How the hell can you ride in that for Christ sake, and next Wednesday was probably going to be Leicester in the ko cup, which will have to be put back now 

Next Wednesday had no speedway originally

Seriously?  I have apologised sincerely for a poor error of judgement and have removed the silly comment.

Show Ben this too so he can see that I am sincere.

Thank you.

Oh dear, your name calling gonna bite you baldy boy.

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course it was the right call to ride today. Unfortunate that a thunderstorm, which was not predicted in any forecast, grew over the channel and had our name on it. Looking outside now it’s a pleasant evening. No way should the meeting have been called off early.

Now, because of the rainoff, the Leicester meeting in the KO Cup needs to be put back. We could be playing them three time at Poole in a month.

Yes but yesterday you wanted this meeting off because it was not the 

second leg make your mind up 

Won't need too many more call offs to put pressure on getting all done by November..

Crazy that all finals get ran at the end of the season every year.. 

Should spread them out more...

Would keep interest and publicity across many more months...

And even more reason to do so with the cost of living increases that were predicted a fair few months ago..

Be a shame to have fans having to pick and choose what meetings to go to when these meetings are the ones where the trophies are handed out...

3 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

He was due to guest for us against Glasgow at home. I’d suggest it’s a case of him managing his workload having heard an interview from him last week

Thanks I though there was another instance that he was meant to be down there. I 

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Can't find any record of Leon guesting for Plymouth away to Poole this year at all, maybe you could elaborate?

Was to guest for Plymouth v Glasgow.

Expensive night for Poole on a night where a rain off was always an odds on chance. Hopefully a settled weather system for next week.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Was to guest for Plymouth v Glasgow.

Leon guested for Redcar at Plymouth last week

Leon is currently on holiday this week, according to the latest podcast, so that's why couldn't guest.

3 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Seriously?  I have apologised sincerely for a poor error of judgement and have removed the silly comment.

Show Ben this too so he can see that I am sincere.

Thank you.

Couldnt be happening to a nicer person! Hope he sees it and puts you firmly in your place 

Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 3