British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

All for Troy Batchelor as our No.2.

He's got his average riding as a HL so I can easily see some value on his starting GSA. Troy can put a point on that imo.

Rob Lyon also gets the best out of riders. Look at the 2021 and look at Harris this year for examples of that. 

I'd much rather have Hans Andersen at No.6 than Craig Cook though. I think Hans is better around Peterborough as well as the small tracks like Ipswich & Wolves and I think he'll score good points around Leicester too as a reserve.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

He's got his average riding as a HL so I can easily see some value on his starting GSA. Troy can put a point on that imo.

Rob Lyon also gets the best out of riders. Look at the 2021 and look at Harris this year for examples of that. 

I'd much rather have Hans Andersen at No.6 than Craig Cook though. I think Hans is better around Peterborough as well as the small tracks like Ipswich & Wolves and I think he'll score good points around Leicester too as a reserve.

Personally feel Cook has more left in the tank than Hans 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Personal feel Cook has more left in the tank than Hans 

He does tbh. Think Hans only has a year or two left in him riding as a reserve tbh.

Just a case of what frame of mind Cookie's in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

He does tbh. Think Hans only has a year or two left in him riding as a reserve tbh.

Just a case of what frame of mind Cookie's in.

Cook Is a huge gamble if he isn’t up for it so I agree tbf

4 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Cook Is a huge gamble if he isn’t up for it so I agree tbf

That's why I don't want him tbh.

All depends on what side of the bed he wakes up on every week. He's got the talent but it's irrelevant if the mindset isn't right. Could turn up and score anywhere between 8 or 2.

• Like 1

Pointless speculation  ATTMIT

Just now, TTT said:

That's why I don't want him tbh.

All depends on what side of the bed he wakes up on every week. He's got the talent but it's irrelevant if the mindset isn't right. Could turn up and score anywhere between 8 or 2.

If we could squeeze both in at reserve that could be potent tbf 

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If we could squeeze both in at reserve that could be potent tbf 

I’d rather have Hans and Nicholls at reserve. Both will turn up week in, week out….

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

I’d rather have Hans and Nicholls at reserve. Both will turn up week in, week out….

We can't go back to the tried and failed of last season 

25 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We can't go back to the tried and failed of last season 

Depends what else is available. Those two at reserve would match most. Could see the difference away from home at the end of last season with Nicholls at reserve. 

54 minutes ago, TTT said:

Don’t forget Buster sacked Batchelor along with Chris Holder and Chapman ended there season and Holder never raced here since - Buster wouldn’t touch Batchelor and I’d be amazed if Batch would want to race for him again - along with Schlien I’d say both are none starters unless Buster is sell it up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Neither turned up to the end of season party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Haza said:

Don’t forget Buster sacked Batchelor along with Chris Holder and Chapman ended there season and Holder never raced here since - Buster wouldn’t touch Batchelor and I’d be amazed if Batch would want to race for him again - along with Schlien I’d say both are none starters unless Buster is sell it up 

Apparently we're getting an announcement about the management structure tonight so I wouldn't rule that out.

I agree it really is a long shot but maybe nobody else wants Batchelor to a point where the rider and Buster are desperate so they've got no choice but to bury the hatchet to help each other out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Neither turned up to the end of season party.

Speakes volumes doesn't it.

31 minutes ago, Haza said:

Unless there's some dramatic news about the Showgrounds future, i can't see anyone buying it.

• Like 2