British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

:D you all have a choice to believe it not to believe, I don't care either way.  

Panthers will line up something like 

NKI

Worrall/Andersen

Tungate

Basso 

Chris Holder

Ben Cook

Jenkins 

For me, that team looks horrid. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Ipswich do get Emil just so we can get Richie Worrall lol (Can't see it unfortunately as it makes no sense to throw Rew in the deep end by having him ride in the 1-5 with someone like Hume having to ride @ No.6)

The Worrall Brothers are handy riders to have in any side imo. You can bank on them putting in a solid shift for your team almost every week without putting up spectacular numbers where's most other riders who ride at No.2 are very inconsistent where they would score 2 one week and then 7 the following week.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Or as someone said to me 

If you throw enough darts at a board one will hit the bullseye.

Not sure anyone would have guessed KK unless they knew something.

More in depth look at the possible 1-7. Personally I'd rank Peterborough just behind table toppers Sheffield on paper.

NKI (Out and Out No.1 around Peterborough who'll get you a double figure return every week at Home, Still good for 8-9 points on the road per meeting)

Worrall/Andersen (Worrall solid for 5+2 or 6+1 almost every week, Andersen a huge worry if it's him at No.2 though as I really think it's one season too many)

Tungate (Out and Out No.1 around Peterborough and the figures back that up, Just have to expect a poor points return on technical tracks)

Basso (Basically won almost every race he was in towards the back end of last season around Peterborough, Will only improve again)

Chris Holder (Smashed up the Ekstraliga last year so he won't have any problem in scoring 10+ a meeting almost every week)

Ben Cook (Rated by Poole and they know a good Aussie talent when they see one, Poole are a very well run club by the Ford family who've introduced so many Aussie's to British Speedway and they've hit a Home run with the majority of them, Ben is only going to improve just like Basso.

Jenkins (Earned his chance to comeback and he's probably the second strongest RS going into the next season if you take a more in depth look at things like riders returning from big injuries who may take a while to get the confidence back, Mulford doesn't even have a full year of Championship experience under his belt and Dan Thompson doesn't have a team place in the Championship to start with next season apparently)

I'd personally like to see the No.2 berth given to Troy Batchelor though as I think he'd put up some really good numbers next season riding in the easy No.2 race jacket rather than having to ride at No.5 against the oppositions 1 & 5 constantly.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not sure anyone would have guessed KK unless they knew something.

Didn’t get the dart comment then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

For me, that team looks horrid. 

I personally think it's every bit as strong as Sheffield providing it's Worrall and not Andersen 

It should go unbeaten at home 

Edited by Flappy

15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Bit of exaggeration  to claim people are having a go at  him/her. I am certainly not 

I'm genuinely not fussed. Happy for people to share opinions

16 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

NKI - signed

Andersen - signed

basso- signed 

holder - signed

b. Cook- signed

jenkins - signed 

as for the other one I dont think it will be anyone new to British speedway so that leaves tungate, batch, worrall or Craig cook . Assuming tungate and batch will be at Ipswich soooo….

It's Tungate 

21 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I personally think it's every bit as strong as Sheffield providing it's Worrall and not Andersen 

Like you say, it's about opinion & I don't believe it's anywhere near Sheffield. 

For me, NKI & Holder are done & Tungate has pretty much flopped in the UK. 

Peterborough will require a couple of changes later in the season to challenge imo

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Like you say, it's about opinion & I don't believe it's anywhere near Sheffield. 

For me, NKI & Holder are done & Tungate has pretty much flopped in the UK. 

Peterborough will require a couple of changes later in the season to challenge imo

Holder had a good year in Poland (averaged more than Bewley, Woffinden, his brother). I don’t think we’ll ever see him trouble the sharp end of the GPs again but he’d be a class act in the Premiership. Especially looking at the other heatleaders he’d be coming up against. 

• Like 1

We'll hear some team news tonight imo.

That's just me guessing though.

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Yes, strong at home, not so away though.

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yes, strong at home, not so away though.

Could be right but Belle Vue weren’t that hot away from home last year and they did ok in the end. An unblemished home record goes a long way to getting you in to the playoffs….

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, therefused said:

Doesnt look too bad to me personally

We don't know "nuffing"