British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well if he’s not in because he’s too expensive you can forget any thoughts of Emil or Nicki Pedersen!

Correct. We don’t have either of them. Final riders will be holder, NKI. Andersen and worrall leaves us well under the limit 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well if he’s not in because he’s too expensive you can forget any thoughts of Emil or Nicki Pedersen!

Or maybe too expensive for what he is.  Maybe you can get Emil or Nicki for similar money for what Tungate is asking for?

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Correct. We don’t have either of them. Final riders will be holder, NKI. Andersen and worrall leaves us well under the limit 

We’ll if that’s the line up buster best have plenty in pension pot because he’ll be fighting for wooden spoon with his 2 teams because people from pboro  won’t pay to watch that 5h1te

6 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Or maybe too expensive for what he is.  Maybe you can get Emil or Nicki for similar money for what Tungate is asking for?

That’s a fair point. Value for money plays a part. Maybe Tungate is considered “too expensive” for what he brings, whereas they’d pay more for someone else who’d bring a better return for their money. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That’s a fair point. Value for money plays a part. Maybe Tungate is considered “too expensive” for what he brings, whereas they’d pay more for someone else who bring a better return for their money. 

Tungate is not only expensive but unreliable, okay around Peterborough but very inconsistent on the road.

Question is when Andersen is named for this year will we see a Happy Flappy.

Panthers will do well if Basso is no 4 in the averages for the start of the season.

Edited by bigcatdiary

I'm advised that the 'BabelFish translator' converts the Russian word 'Sayfutdinov' into the English word 'Tungate'.

Does this help the conundrum? :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Michael Tomalin - I'm a winner 

Michael Tomalin - 4 exciting riders to be announced.  

Well we’ll soon find out if your new man is the real deal or simply full of sh!t. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Well we’ll soon find out if your new man is the real deal or simply full of sh!t. 

How long did it take Ipswich fans to realise which catagory Chris Louis was in 

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

John and Chris Louis have steered the ship since 1989 and run the club as their sole business and not as a play thing or a tax dodge.  
much rather have them than a mick Horton thank you very much. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

No idea why don’t you ask them? But to my knowledge, Louis hasn’t been giving it the big “I am” with boasts about what he’s going to do on social media like this pillock has he? He’s been on the scene all of 5 minutes and is already giving it the “I’m a winner” self appraisal crap. Just pipe down and get on with it ffs. 

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1

0% chance of both Andersen & Worrall being in.

Michael Tomalin is a smart and successful business man and he wouldn't make promises he can't keep, Also wouldn't big the team up if it was a couple of points under the limit.

Michael Tomalin knows best because he's the one who signed the riders. :t:

Edited by TTT

39 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

No idea why don’t you ask them? But to my knowledge, Louis hasn’t been giving it the big “I am” with boasts about what he’s going to do on social media like this pillock has he? He’s been on the scene all of 5 minutes and is already giving it the “I’m a winner” self appraisal crap. Just pipe down and get on with it ffs. 

Wow, he's got you rattled for a start :D

I dont know the bloke or too much about him but he's obviously trying to get the fanbase engaged and heighten the anticipation and excitement for the new campaign after a poor seadon last year. Hes essentially promoting his new club, can't see too much wrong with that. He's essentially got folk talking about Peterborough Panthers and that can't be a bad thing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I honestly think Emil could finish top of the averages. He will be unbeatable around the Showground.

I agree with you, only problem is he will be in a Witches race suit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1