British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

11 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Why is everyone in a rush, maybe the Panthers are waiting for a special rider to become available.

I've heard rumours that Zmarzlik is owed money in Sweden.

And may be not .....lol

9 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Why is everyone in a rush, maybe the Panthers are waiting for a special rider to become available.

I've heard rumours that Zmarzlik is owed money in Sweden.

Only you seem to perceive it a a rush . Dead slow and stop seems to be  the speed we are proceeding with

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Only you seem to perceive it a a rush . Dead slow and stop seems to be  the speed we are proceeding with

They dont seem in any rush...Surely they have signed more riders by now....

I may be wrong here,, can only go by my own club,,, people who buy season tickets will buy them regardless of the team, or if they know the team,,, cos they are gonna go and watch it no matter what. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I may be wrong here,, can only go by my own club,,, people who buy season tickets will buy them regardless of the team, or if they know the team,,, cos they are gonna go and watch it no matter what. 

Correct 

Well I’m on the fence personally, and will wait until the final two riders are announced before taking the plunge on a season ticket. It’s gonna need an eye catching signing to persuade me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well I’m on the fence personally, and will wait until the final two riders are announced before taking the plunge on a season ticket. It’s gonna need an eye catching signing to persuade me. 

Same here.

I've got my money ready for a season ticket but I'm waiting for the team to be announced first because I won't buy one if the team contains both Andersen & Worrall because we'll just be a punch bag for other clubs again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

You are wrong! ;)While I agree 'die hard fans' (no, not the film) will buy ST no matter the team. Some fans who still go every week will want a good team to part with their money. 

With the cost of living crisis even some die hards will wait for team announcements before deciding. 

Panthers press release yesterday promoting season tickets again, Carl Johnson promoting season tickets on facebook 10 minutes ago as well.

24 minutes ago, TTT said:

Panthers press release yesterday promoting season tickets again, Carl Johnson promoting season tickets on facebook 10 minutes ago as well.

Which would suggest sales haven't been as expected. May be the team they announce is on the basis of season ticket sales as this is what sets the figures to pay signing on fees. 

They may have 3 teams in the background all associated with season ticket sales?? 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Which would suggest sales haven't been as expected. May be the team they announce is on the basis of season ticket sales as this is what sets the figures to pay signing on fees. 

They may have 3 teams in the background all associated with season ticket sales?? 

Would be a very odd way to put a team together….

• Like 1

Just now, Sully said:

Would be a very odd way to put a team together….

A financially sensible way, certainly not odd. 

Season ticket salea could be the difference between, for example, signing Andersen or Tungate & Holder or Barker. 

Personally, that's sensible management 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

A financially sensible way, certainly not odd. 

Season ticket salea could be the difference between, for example, signing Andersen or Tungate & Holder or Barker. 

Personally, that's sensible management 

If it was that sensible every team would do it…..

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

My head tells me that the rumoured leaked team will turn out to be correct with Tungate, NKI, Holder & Andersen.

However I've also got a gut feeling that just won't go away and that's a thought about the team being poor to a point where the club are tentative to announce the signings at a quicker pace.

Some people won't buy tickets until they know how strong the team is going to be, simple... Announce the team then people will know what they're buying, it's not that hard is it??

• Like 1