British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

What's the record for the number of pages in a team's close season thread? 

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't know but this one must be amongst the front runners! I thought about drawing up a league table. Can you assume that the supporters of the club with the smallest number of posts are the most satisfied with their team selection for 2023?

27 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I don't know but this one must be amongst the front runners! I thought about drawing up a league table. Can you assume that the supporters of the club with the smallest number of posts are the most satisfied with their team selection for 2023?

I suppose in fairness the other 5 teams apart from Peterborough/Ipswich had their 1-7 named and confirmed early doors so there's nowt really to report/comment on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Would hazard a guess at the winter of discontent threads for Peterborough & Coventry would of been well up there in terms of page numbers , as the Panthers under Rick Frost only completed there team around 7-10 days before the start of the season, that may of tipped it in Peterborough's favour .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I suppose in fairness the other 5 teams apart from Peterborough/Ipswich had their 1-7 named and confirmed early doors so there's nowt really to report/comment on.

Bodes well for a bumper 2024 thread. Flappy will be able to dismantle Panthers 2023 finishing team at August Bank Holiday and speculate for the next 6 months on the club's future, if it has one, as well as passing on all of the rumours that he's gleaned from the oche :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

If Peterborough finish with the most pages and with all the valued assistance of the Witches fans on this thread

it will be hard for them to take  with missing out on yet another top spot in speedway :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cambpanther said:

From what Micheal has said on his business fb's. He has full control of everything at the club and its just a matter of time till hes the actual owner. 

Likely just waiting on the usual delays with buying land and planning applications ect.

Surely Tungate has to be in then.

46 minutes ago, TTT said:

Surely Tungate has to be in then.

Are you any good on the spanners?? That could swing it.....

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Are you any good on the spanners?? That could swing it.....

I thought they found one in the end?

30 minutes ago, proud panther said:

And Holder hopefully.

Yes he'll be in if Tomalin has full control. 

Won't have to work with Buster at all then.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

I thought they found one in the end?

Did seem a bit strange that it was such a struggle even taking into account having work with Rohan!! :P

MT did say on his radio interview that hes hoping for more news on the long term future regarding the showground or the new stadium around season start time , so it could be that the club will be  his from then, and until then he has control of most things , just hope they keep Rob Lyon in place as TM as his expertise is invaluable to the team

• Like 1