British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

59 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

From a personal point of view I hope Holder gets his spot at Peterborough purely because I don’t want him at Ipswich. 

I don't blame you tbh. He's well  capable of his 7.16 average, if he can be bothered.  His heart is with Poole it seems. Id deffo not give him any kind of guarantee. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't blame you tbh. He's well  capable of his 7.16 average, if he can be bothered.  His heart is with Poole it seems. Id deffo not give him any kind of guarantee. 

Too many red flags for me. I mean, giving an interview to the local press recently down in Dorset saying that he hopes Poole return to the top flight because he’d like to ride for them again, whilst also stating that it’s just “not the same” riding for anyone else here when he potentially had a deal in the pipeline to ride for said someone else, isn’t the smartest move is it? Last time he rode for “someone else” he shed a big chunk off his Poole average whilst sitting in the pits with a massive cob on and refusing to ride in tricky conditions. Would he have sat there in Poole kevlars rather than Lynn ones and flatly refused to ride? I bet he wouldn’t!!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Too many red flags for me. I mean, giving an interview to the local press recently down in Dorset saying that he hopes Poole return to the top flight because he’d like to ride for them again, whilst also stating that it’s just “not the same” riding for anyone else here when he potentially had a deal in the pipeline to ride for said someone else, isn’t the smartest move is it? Last time he rode for “someone else” he shed a big chunk off his Poole average whilst sitting in the pits with a massive cob on and refusing to ride in tricky conditions. Would he have sat there in Poole kevlars rather than Lynn ones and flatly refused to ride? I bet he wouldn’t!!

Spot on.  Ironically it was against his beloved Poole as well, with Lynn in front.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

It’s true, but there won’t be any evidence because it was a back room decision that the public won’t need to know about, I believe MT, Johnson and allitt signed seven riders, but buster as owner wants to have the final say and said no chance 

Isnt this similar to what Buster did to Ged Rathbone let him agree deals with riders then butcher the team and expect the paying public to keep turning up , 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's not right though is it. Buster has always & will be in charge until it's sold. Tomlin has clearly got a little bit of an ego & got ahead of himself. 

Can't blame Buster for this one

It's all on buster this 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Isnt this similar to what Buster did to Ged Rathbone let him agree deals with riders then butcher the team and expect the paying public to keep turning up , 

He needs to leave without shadow of doubt.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It's all on buster this 

If Buster is the owner of Panthers he owns F all . Seems to me  Tomlin and his crew providing  the finance etc and if Buster putting the block on things as he is still nominally the  owner the whole thing smacks of petty vindictiveness. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

If Buster is the owner of Panthers he owns F all . Seems to me  Tomlin and his crew providing  the finance etc and if Buster putting the block on things as he is still nominally the  owner the whole thing smacks of petty vindictiveness. 

What does MT own in relation to Peterborough Speedway ?. Probably F all.... If MT is putting all  the money in, then i can't see why Buster wouldn't mind in general (apart from Holder). If i was Buster i wouldn't have Holder in any team of mine.

Edited by Bald Bloke

end of the day its still Buster club at the moment .

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

What does MT own in relation to Peterborough Speedway ?. Probably F all.... If MT is putting all  the money in, then i can't see why Buster wouldn't mind in general (apart from Holder). If i was Buster i wouldn't have Holder in any team of mine.

Have it your own way!!! Buster Paragon  of virtue  and Tomlins sponsorship  no more than incidental.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Peterborough it seems are back to square one with Buster slashing the team again , at the rate hes going cant see Peterborough lasting this season out now , 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

Dark and dirty games afoot  seems to me.  Nominally the owner than no more than a name ie no assets, .  Tomalin from what we can gather  has the cash which will keep Panthers going, if so  two fingers to Buster. Many may  think that the rest of management team are no more than Brown Noses

t think rest od managenent team  are  n trer.  ANTHERS GOING OMALIN FROM WHAT WE CAN GATHER , stne oowner  

If Chris Holder has gone with Nicki P coming in as expected then we'll be better off tbh.

Nicki P will be committed 24/7 because he doesn't like losing in any race.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

He who pays the piper should call the tune. If MT is financing to the extent rumored then Buster should butt out!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

If Chris Holder has gone with Nicki P coming in as expected then we'll be better off tbh.

Nicki P will be committed 24/7 because he doesn't like losing in any race.

Only just   been repaired nuts and bolts and engineering skills untested