British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Sorry Peterborough fans but you're all being bl00dy deluded. 

You're basically asking Buster to hand over the club for free just because Tomlin's willing to pay all the costs. 

That's not how business works.

This isn't on Buster. If Tomlin wants full control of Peterborough Panthers for 2023 he has to BUY the club. 

Not a Buster fan at all but he's 100% right to make a stand here. 

Nigel Wagstaff didn’t buy the club when he ran the speedway at Kings Lynn for a couple of years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Cook is in at P'borough....

I think you are talking about Ben and topaz about Craig.

At the end if the day there's lots of speculation and supposition on here about what's going on but I suspect only the two men involved and perhaps one or two others know all the facts. Easy to sling accusations and theories around without being informed.

One thing I would say is that we are talking about two successful and presumably hard nosed businessmen, it's little surprise there's a deadlock if indeed that is the case.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Pedersen, Andersen and Worrall still wouldn't be acceptable it leaves Basso as a heat leader and a rider than none of the management except one wants 

Tungate's average is lower than Basso's as well so he's got to ride at 3 either way.

We really do need Tungate though. Andersen & Worrall combo doesn't give us any strength at second string.

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nigel Wagstaff didn’t buy the club when he ran the speedway at Kings Lynn for a couple of years.

Yes he did. Wagstaff bought the club & changed us to "The Silver Machine" & eventually drove the club bust. Buster had to buy the Speedway rights back. 

Being a stadium owner doesn't automatically mean you own the Speedway club. 

Buster would've been mudded this winter if it wasn't for Tomalin's sponsorship and funding.

If Buster wasn't using a large sum of Tomalin's money then he's got every right to put his below par / mates rates 1-7 together.

Tomalin really should've applied the pressure on Buster, If I was in Michael's position then I would've given Buster a 24 hour ultimatum and that's let me spend my money on the rider that I want (Chris Holder) otherwise I'll withdraw all of my resources from the club.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

Tungate's average is lower than Basso's as well so he's got to ride at 3 either way.

We really do need Tungate though. Andersen & Worrall combo doesn't give us any strength at second string.

True...Andersen at 2 is ok at home ..away might struggle....

33 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Really every Peterborough fan on here seems to think Andersen can't ride big tracks anymore 

He can but isnt fast enough  now ....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Carpman said:

Don't expect rider announcements tomorrow, maybe other news.

Come on Carl give us a clue...