British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

29 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yeah but if Worrall had been good in previous years but poor last season, he may well have said well, he was rubbish last season so that proves my point!

If Worrall was that good Lynn would have kept him

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Given that he started the thread and is a poster on speed (not literally to avoid confusion) I'd guess that he's read all of it. I couldn't make out what's pathetic about it either. Most of social media is pathetic anyway and forums have been speedway's devil incarnate for 25 years or more. Everyone knows what they are going to get don't they? It's often puerile nonsense so surely that's the starting point if you choose to read?

I meant its pathetic as in how long the threads been going, the size of it and how theres still an uncertainty over who owns what and who has the final say and who is going to have the final say come start of season. More of a dig at the situation rather than the thread, sorry i worded it wrong. 

IF Tomalin is wanting to buy the club, even if his offers below what Chapman demands, surely Chapman should just cut his losses and sell up? As stated, what does he actually own? In a seasons time if Pboro are thrown out of the stadium, he will end up with sweet F All barring selling a few old tractors, an airfence and assets. 

if someone is willing to take it off his hands and pledge money into the long term future of the club in a new stadium and Buster wont sell as it doesnt match his price then you can understand the Pboro fans being peeved with him. 

Just a sorry mess that needs sorting. 

that said, after Holders behaviour at Lynn a few years ago, you can half understand Chapman not wanting him anywhere near. 

Nicki P would still score more points in the league than Holder. But those pair, along with NKI, are very injury prone these days

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair hand fan did say bar last season but it cones across as a pretty irrational dislike of a solid rider. 

So solid Lyn moved him on?  

Suppose we've got to wait another 24 hours to confirm Hans Andersen?

29 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I meant its pathetic as in how long the threads been going, the size of it and how theres still an uncertainty over who owns what and who has the final say and who is going to have the final say come start of season. More of a dig at the situation rather than the thread, sorry i worded it wrong. 

IF Tomalin is wanting to buy the club, even if his offers below what Chapman demands, surely Chapman should just cut his losses and sell up? As stated, what does he actually own? In a seasons time if Pboro are thrown out of the stadium, he will end up with sweet F All barring selling a few old tractors, an airfence and assets. 

if someone is willing to take it off his hands and pledge money into the long term future of the club in a new stadium and Buster wont sell as it doesnt match his price then you can understand the Pboro fans being peeved with him. 

Just a sorry mess that needs sorting. 

that said, after Holders behaviour at Lynn a few years ago, you can half understand Chapman not wanting him anywhere near. 

Nicki P would still score more points in the league than Holder. But those pair, along with NKI, are very injury prone these days

:t:

Sounds like it's a time-limited sorry mess. Make the most of 2023 folks because 2024 in any suitable form seems to be disappearing over the horizon?

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

Richie Worrall scored paid 10, paid 9, & paid 9 on his three visits to the showground last season. Surely that is good consistent scoring. 

Depends whether you've looked at who he beat and factor in how pants Panthers were last season. Is 2022 alone good measure?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

Richie Worrall scored paid 10, paid 9, & paid 9 on his three visits to the showground last season. Surely that is good consistent scoring. 

8 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Depends whether you've looked at who he beat and factor in how pants Panthers were last season. Is 2022 alone good measure?

I agree using 2022 form doesn't tell the whole story of Richie's form around Alwalton, as Panthers were weak. However had he scored 3 or 4 points each visit, I could understand people being negative towards his signing, but he didn't, he scored well.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

If Worrall was good Lynn would have kept him

That's an odd argument given that riders move around teams all the time from one season to another.  No point giving the 100+ examples to illustrate.  Andersen was rubbish but Boro are keeping him. 

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Worrall is not a bad signing, Andersen is but no-one will know for sure until the season starts.

I'd agree with that. Worrall is a solid middle order rider. Last season in his last 10 away meetings he won the same amount of races as Lawson and Picko. I believe he was in the 1to 5 as well. Not an earth shattering signing, but one that is reliable and should keep his average imho.

• Like 4

Keep the faith in Richie Worrall, Leicester stepping up this season too and that's another technical place he goes very well at.

Richie's scores at Sheffield last season were the following which proves he can score points on a big track away from Home against a very solid side too.

6+1 @ No.3

7+2 @ No.4

9+1 @ No.3

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

If Worrall was that good Lynn would have kept him

Only got released due to the numbers game as KL needed a HL.

Picko was a lock for one of the second string berths and TJ only got the other spot out of loyalty.

TJ is KL's version of the Hans Andersen / Panthers situation where the rider gets a gig at the club every season no matter how he performs on track.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

He's a rider that all teams tend to have Charles Wright, Stevie Worrall, Erik Riss, Kyle Howarth all bang average but steady Eddie riders 

• Like 2

I'd have taken Richie at Leicester for sure. I think he's only 30ish and some riders are peaking later than previous times before...I think there is a little bit more to come from Richie for sure. He's no bomber but certainly ain't no mug. Keep the faith panthers...looking forward to you coming to the lions den.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Lindgren is not riding in Sweden this year.

He rarely rides Sweden

As of recent years anyway

Edited by Diamonds85