British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

17 hours ago, Flappy said:

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Andersen has also now been Bustered 

Well you should know you start 99% of them

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Why do u think wolves 1..7 is a gamble ???..and could go horribly  wrong??

I think Masters will be the weakest No.1 in the league and he could struggle if all of the rumoured Elite riders return to Britain.

How long will Schlein take to settle back in is a question mark imo.

Zach Cook as the senior reserve could struggle considering his Championship average is still under 5.00 after a couple of years.

No second announcement this morning, We was supposed to get multiple announcements this week so maybe things have changed again (Andersen)

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

I think Masters will be the weakest No.1 in the league and he could struggle if all of the rumoured Elite riders return to Britain.

Zach Cook as the senior reserve could struggle considering his Championship average is still under 5.00 after a couple of years.

Zach Cook had a 2022 average of 5.41 and 6.65 inc bonus. That last figure was only 0.02 less than his brother, and he ended with a higher away average than Ben...

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Masters weaker than Klindt.....lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Zach Cook had a 2022 average of 5.41 and 6.65 inc bonus. That last figure was only 0.02 less than his brother, and he ended with a higher away average than Ben...

And according to Shovlar has the greater potential.

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

Flint should  make up for Cook ..i agree  Masters isnt the strongest  no 1....a bit hit and miss at times ..Tends to back off in the first bend ...Not so Nicky would do ..

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

No second announcement this morning, We was supposed to get multiple announcements this week so maybe things have changed again (Andersen)

If you're starting point is that paper never refuses ink then you'll never be disappointed when nothing happens as is usually the case.

43 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Masters weaker than Klindt.....lol

Masters has an inflated average due to how well he goes around Monmore imo.

Has Mr Tomalin's application for a promoter's license been approved yet? Until that has been sorted out, and despite his financial input as a sponsor, his power is surely restricted compared to Mr Chapman.

Relations between major sponsors and club owners can become rather strained when it comes to who holds the balance of power in all sports, especially in matters concerning decisions which could commit the club to outlay. Sponsors can walk away at any time, owners can't.

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Did ride 15 meetings at reserve though, Easy for riders to fill their boots against NL reserves and 3.00/3.50 journey men imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Flint should  make up for Cook ..i agree  Masters isnt the strongest  no 1....a bit hit and miss at times ..Tends to back off in the first bend ...Not so Nicky would do ..

Flint is the strongest RS in the league imo.

Masters is good around Monmore but I think he's poor on the big tracks hence why I think he'll struggle especially if Ipswich & Pboro manage to get the top end riders they want.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Flint is the strongest RS in the league imo.

Masters is good around Monmore but I think he's poor on the big tracks hence why I think he'll struggle especially if Ipswich & Pboro manage to get the top end riders they want.

Masters is absolutely superb around Foxhall. Lowered Doyle’s colours twice in one meeting last year, nobody else could manage that. He’ll be a big danger man again when Wolves visit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Has Mr Tomalin's application for a promoter's license been approved yet? Until that has been sorted out, and despite his financial input as a sponsor, his power is surely restricted compared to Mr Chapman.

Relations between major sponsors and club owners can become rather strained when it comes to who holds the balance of power in all sports, especially in matters concerning decisions which could commit the club to outlay. Sponsors can walk away at any time, owners can't.

Peterborough Utd chairman Darragh MacAnthony has said he will walk away at the end of the current season.Tomalin will be better investing his money there than with the Panthers,at least he will get a quicker return on his finance.        Think he already sponsors Peterborough City,so he's already into football.