British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

21 minutes ago, Carpman said:

At this point you only know what Holder has decided to say, and in reality he's said nothing.  There is definitely more to it than he's said on Instagram.  We are well sot of him.

Yes, apparently the full story is even worse. Whatever that means??!!:unsure:

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, apparently the full story is even worse. Whatever that means??!!:unsure:

Time will tell 

1 hour ago, Carpman said:

At this point you only know what Holder has decided to say, and in reality he's said nothing.  There is definitely more to it than he's said on Instagram.  We are well sot of him.

This thread is full of “I know more than you know” people isn’t it? But won’t actually say what they mean…. :rolleyes: 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

He ends up looking like a d!ck because instead of a well worded statement, he’s sabotaged the launch of the new team colours out of spite and comes across as totally unprofessional. He’s got every right to feel aggrieved but have some respect.

I never really liked Holder when he was at world champion standard but have grown to quite like him over the last couple of seasons in Poland - but you see things like this and remember why I disliked him before.

Tbh if what holder has divulged is anywhere representative of how it’s played out, them ghosting him and then eventually just dropping him shortly before the season when he’ll have already invested in equipment for the uk ready for the season. how is that showing him respect?? 

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Tbh if what holder has divulged is anywhere representative of how it’s played out, them ghosting him and then eventually just dropping him shortly before the season when he’ll have already invested in equipment for the uk ready for the season. how is that showing him respect?? 

It isn’t, which is why I said in a previous post that Chapman/Peterborough end up looking just as bad, if not worse - meaning there isn’t really a winner in all of this 5 month drawn out affair. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

So whats that all about ????

There’s no winners in this situation like others have said, but let’s remember who the biggest losers are, the paying fans which I hope a lot don’t forget. 

A lot seem blinded by it to me, sitting there on Facebook saying Worrall is a fantastic signing, how is he? He’s a journeyman and nothing more. I’ve the upmost respect for what speedway riders do for our entertainment but let’s just be real for a second here with the ‘caliber’ of rider he is. 

If pedersen is announced it’ll take all the heat out of the situation and everyone will think it’s great. We’ve got Hans Andersen to be announced still with his 6 heat wins from last season or whatever it was, it’s ridiculous. Spouting rubbish like we’ve a great team next year blah blah, have you balls you’ve not even announced this ‘great team’ cuz you don’t bloody know it! 

Well I say let’s not forget just how much of a balls up this off season has been. The questions need to be asked and they also need answering by the rightful people. Always the fans that are short changed so to speak, it’s a joke! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Holder is also in the Uk this morning, probs too get a place at Ipswich now

Seems late in the day to change  the side...organized or what lol...

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Doesn’t he live here?

Yeah, in his Peterborough post it said 'Poole, Dorset' and this morning it he has said he is at Stansted. Maybe going out to Poland, where he knows where he stands! ;):o

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

The club would be the ones splashing out on a race suit - especially given it’s completely dropped the red element of the usual Panthers design to incorporate all the purple of Tomalin’s company. 

It’s a pretty sorry mess and the typical scenario where nobody really wins. Chapman ends up looking like a d!ck, Holder ends up looking like a d!ck and left without a British side. Nobody really wins. On the flip side I hope Pedersen comes in to replace him as regards of what some have said and his injuries he is absolute box office. 

It’s been messy all winter tbh.

If it wasn’t for fans like Flappy and Gasser putting out info then nobody would’ve had a clue all winter.

Busters been selfish by only taking his feelings into consideration as I don’t think Worrall would’ve been in either.

Holders spoiled the race suit announcement, riders and fans have been left frustrated all winter.

Badly handled all winter and we’re lucky that Nicki P is going save the day which will make a large portion of the fan base turn a blind eye to everything 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TTT said:

It’s been messy all winter tbh.

If it wasn’t for fans like Flappy and Gasser putting out info then nobody would’ve had a clue all winter.

Busters been selfish by only taking his feelings into consideration as I don’t think Worrall would’ve been in either.

Holders spoiled the race suit announcement, riders and fans have been left frustrated all winter.

Badly handled all winter and we’re lucky that Nicki P is going save the day which will make a large portion of the fan base turn a blind eye to everything 

At least I’m not the only one that thinks this 

• Like 1

There's no denying that Nicki Pedersen is Buster's Knight in shining armour in all this. 

I'm excited to see him ride but we can't let it slip that we need the club under new ownership asap 

Out of interest is it Pedersen instead of Holder or were they both on at one stage? And if so that presumably would have meant a long ish tail?