British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

I'm happy for us to go under the radar again, In fact it probably suits us (2021).

The team could've been better but it's still a strong side when you take a more in depth look at things.

1. Nicki P (Still one of the top performers statistically in the Ekstraliga on a year to year basis, So he'll have no problem putting up double figures every week imo)

2. Andersen (Yes age is catching up with him but he's nowhere near as bad as some of his scores suggested last season, 0.50 - 1.00 improvement in his GSA imo, Hans should be good for 5-6 points a meeting almost every week)

3. Basso (I would've be worried about Basso riding as a HL on the road but I think he'll flourish with Nicki P, NKI & Andersen around him, Development will be fast tracked now imo, Towards the end of last season Ben was putting up ridiculously good numbers around the Showground)

4. Worrall (Solid but not spectacular, He'll put a shift in almost every week with 5/6 points and that's good enough. Can ride any track and he'll be our trump card for whenever we're racing on a slick track due to his gating ability imo)

5. NKI (He'll add 1.00 on his GSA if he stays fit, He knows the Showground inside out, Double figure returns at Home more often than not imo and he's still good for 7/8 points on the road)

6. B. Cook (Will love the Showground and he's only going to get better)

7. Jenkins (One of the better RS in the league imo, Started to get his eye in towards the end of last season so he's another one who should improve)

Michael Tomalin has also invested good money to put all of the riders on the best equipment possible which is a big plus too. 

Edited by TTT

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'm happy for us to go under the radar again, In fact it probably suits us (2021).

The team could've been better but it's still a strong side when you take a more in depth look at things.

Michael Tomalin has also invested good money to put all of the riders on the best equipment possible which is a big plus too. 

Tomalin could put some of them riders on rocket ships and they still wouldn’t put a spot on there average

10 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Tomalin could put some of them riders on rocket ships and they still wouldn’t put a spot on there average

Silly comment of course it would 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

They'll need KK or MPT to become a number 1 

Could well be Klindt. Hoping for the Stars to do what you did in 21 with strength in depth. The best No.6 in the league as well. Having said that I'd take 4th right now looking at some of the line ups..

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If it's Pedersen as mooted they look better than Lynn, Wolves and Leicester to me. And Mr Tomalin has money to make changes later on in the season. 

Ipswich BV and Sheff shoe ins for the Play Offs, the other three scrapping for fourth.

the other 4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

They'll need KK or MPT to become a number 1 

I don't hink it matters who is number one, the team has been built to try and emulate P'boro 2021 with an ultra solid 1-6 and everybody chipping in. They don't 'need' anyone to do anything other than average 7 ish.

40 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Of course you would but he isn't a number 1.

Yet was at number one for the winning play off team just eighteen months ago before having 2022 wrecked by injury.

As said above everyone in Lynn's team needs to contribute as the top end strength of others just isn't there. 

57 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I'd have had MPT back over Worrall all day long.

Apparently so I’m told they didn’t even bother too call him and let him know he wasn’t in there plans 

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

I'd have had MPT back over Worrall all day long.

I don't expect Worrall to be in the team long unless he performs with 0.80 to play with there's another heat leader sized gap.  

29 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Apparently so I’m told they didn’t even bother too call him and let him know he wasn’t in there plans 

I’d of had him back at 3 or 4 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I don't expect Worrall to be in the team long unless he performs with 0.80 to play with there's another heat leader sized gap.  

Should of been tungate or holder if he’d fit, major difference in how he compares too these 2 especially riding the showground 

22 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't hink it matters who is number one, the team has been built to try and emulate P'boro 2021 with an ultra solid 1-6 and everybody chipping in. They don't 'need' anyone to do anything other than average 7 ish.

Yet was at number one for the winning play off team just eighteen months ago before having 2022 wrecked by injury.

As said above everyone in Lynn's team needs to contribute as the top end strength of others just isn't there. 

2021 Panthers title win was a once in a lifetime scenario though that'll never be replicated again imo, It was basically the equivalent of Leicester City's title win.

Ulrich Ostergaard was like an astronaut in a space rocket which then opened the door for R/R to become a luxury after he got injured.

The older members of the team all hopped into a time machine and ended riding like they we're 30 again.

• Like 3