British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Season over????

Tai is more interested in bashing British Speedway rather than competing in it, Lambert has already made it known that he wants to focus on Poland and the GP's.

Buster has to leave the club if this isn't our last season in the Sport, If he would've signed Holder then none of this would be happening right now.

• Haha 2

Welcome back to the club Craig Cook.

*Just getting this in now so I don't have to do it when the inevitable happens*

11 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

If Nicki didn't get injured vs Ipswich, we would have beaten them.

11 hours ago, TTT said:

Exactly what I said on the night.

Cost us the meeting for sure and it's probably ended our season too if we can't get a replacement in ASAP, Relying on engine room riders guesting at No.1 isn't going to wash.

Why are you replying to yourself?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Nicki won’t be racing for pboro on Monday or anytime again this season. He has left the club so there will be no ban or anything. 

on that note I highly doubt we will hear anything from the club until they have some sort of plan about a replacement and lucky for us the weather looks awful on Monday so I shouldn’t think there will be any speedway anyway 

Yes there would be a ban - Nicki would be deemed to be withholding his services and get a 28 day ban along with a 28 day facility granted to Peterborough. 

With regards your second point, this is what pi$$es me off so much with British speedway promotions. Everybody is well aware Nicki has left yet you hear nothing from the club who treat their supporters like muppets. Almost straight away they should have come out and said “Nicki has left and we are working on our options” instead of the silent treatment which makes the whole situation worse. It will be embarrassing tomorrow and have such a worse effect when he isn’t there, especially after banging in 18 points last night in Poland. 

I try not to compare football to speedway but there is no way this sort of situation goes on. You only have to look at the recent scenarios with Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester with their managers. All 3 confirmed a departure right away and said they would be working on replacements and will update in due course. Communication with your fan base is so important nowadays.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Yes there would be a ban - Nicki would be deemed to be withholding his services and get a 28 day ban along with a 28 day facility granted to Peterborough. 

With regards your second point, this is what pi$$es me off so much with British speedway promotions. Everybody is well aware Nicki has left yet you hear nothing from the club who treat their supporters like muppets. Almost straight away they should have come out and said “Nicki has left and we are working on our options” instead of the silent treatment which makes the whole situation worse. It will be embarrassing tomorrow and have such a worse effect when he isn’t there, especially after banging in 18 points last night in Poland. 

I try not to compare football to speedway but there is no way this sort of situation goes on. You only have to look at the recent scenarios with Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester with their managers. All 3 confirmed a departure right away and said they would be working on replacements and will update in due course. Communication with your fan base is so important nowadays.

Agree, Shouldn't be down to ITK fans to let other fans know about situations that are happening behind the scenes.

Club communication with it's fan base doesn't come at a cost.

8 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Totally agree-  lack of communication or no communication is a total joke from the club - they bang on about selling season tickets but obviously they don’t do bad news - how Panthers save there season is the leading question 

Both Chris Holder and Troy Bachelor are on ACU licences but due to grudges from the owner won't be signed to the detriment of the team. 

42 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Got another Buster boy riding at one tomorrow NK

Won’t be wasting the steam of my pea watching that then.

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Disagree. We all can see he still does well in Poland, it’s the old age problem of what he’d put in here isn’t it. Would you be confident that he’d be giving it 100% in every race and every meeting here like Jason Doyle does for example? I certainly wouldn’t. He may only have done half a lap here but even in that he was left for dead by Doyle and Erik Riss! That’s not exclusive to Pedersen either btw, I’d have the same concerns if Lambert, Dudek etc etc agreed to come over. It keeps getting said over and over, but that’s why Jason Doyle is worth his weight in Platinum over here. He’s pretty much a one off unfortunately when it comes to GP riders. 

I agree that Doyle is a one off but I think Pedersen would have been a top rider here and finished in the top three or four of the averages. Very disappointing that he jacked it in so soon (without knowing all the facts).

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Amazing that the special relationship between buster and Nicki that they were waxing lyrical about when signed could break down so quickly…..

He needs to go 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Buster has to leave the club if this isn't our last season in the Sport,.

Someone needs to pay what he wants for the club then ain't they, rather than playing 'Fantasy Speedway' & hoodwinking the fanbase?

But it's all Buster's fault ya know :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Someone needs to pay what he wants for the club then ain't they, rather than playing 'Fantasy Speedway' & hoodwinking the fanbase?

It's worth nothing. The supporters club gifted the equipment to the club not Buster.  Anything of his by all means he should be paid for.

Edited by Flappy

28 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Won’t be wasting the steam of my pea watching that then.

Is it on BSN?

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Only worth buying if we have a guaranteed future after this season.

Another dreadful season in store for KL and Peterborough, Dreadful decision making in the winter has already led to both clubs needing new riders.

KL will get dragged down with us the longer Buster stays, More Jorgensen and budget sides that aren't up to scratch at Lynn with no play-off Speedway so KL fans should be siding with Tomalin purely due to the fact that it will benefit KL in the long run.

• Like 2