British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Robert Lambert as a stop gap on a 6-8 week deal until we get another VISA?

I'd imagine that going down well with Lynn fans;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

Just now, startline sid said:

hope so - something needs to happen quickly

I'm just guessing but if we can only sign a rider on a ACU license then our only options would be - C. Holder, Woffy and Lambert.

Woffy bashes British Speedway on social media so it would be a shock if he decided to take part in it, Buster has already refused to sign Holder so it only leaves Lambert.

Lambert 8-10 meetings as a stop gap for 5k a night (40k-50k total outlay) until the club gets another VISA or VISAS to use that allows us to sign a different rider or riders from Europe who are less expensive.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd imagine that going down well with Lynn fans;)

Might not even happen, It's pure guess work from me but yes it wouldn't go down well with KL fans if it did happen considering they're on the lookout for a rider / riders.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iainb said:

What about Chris Holder?

Sheffield 

If needed. Depending on tobi injury 

Edited by Lion tamer

46 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Whatever the outcome of all this, it doesn't paint a very rosy picture of Peterborough speedway.  I honestly thought we were a well run club with a professional management structure, but now I have my doubts !

Not really Peterborough's fault though that Pedersen has wimped off. 

• Like 1

Wolves fans will be happy, 2 of their favourites coming back to the league.  One loves Wolves the other hates it 

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Wolves fans will be happy, 2 of their favourites coming back to the league.  One loves Wolves the other hates it 

Both at Boro or one at Lynn?

Lindgren and Thorsell.

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Freddie & ????

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Lindgren and Thorsell.

Ooooo You have my attention:lol:

Well if it's Lindgren then it's good to know that common sense has prevailed behind the scenes by allocating Peterborough another VISA to use.

The club shouldn't be punished for Grudziadz's actions.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Well if it's Lindgren then it's good to know that common sense has prevailed behind the scenes by allocating Peterborough another VISA to use.

The club shouldn't be punished for Grudziadz's actions.

I’m not sure it was the club, reckon it was NP myself. Think about it logically…..£3.5k a meeting for boro & then crashes on his first meeting Vs £15-20k a meeting racing in Poland….he will have had some of this upfront as well. 

23 hours ago, Pinny said:

Huge shame with no Pedersen, as I said during the winter he is still world class domestically as proven with a full house against top opposition in Poland yesterday.

As much as I have always liked Pedersen though, he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in the UK for some time. Since his early Eastbourne days, he always seemed to put the UK league further down his list of priorities.

Who Peterborough sign to replace him now will make or break their season. Has to be a rider in the calibre of Dudek, Magic, Laguta etc to replace him.

Well said, he was dedicated to Eastbourne on and off the track, won his first world title riding for the club but its by far a different league now..