British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

The writing was on the wall when he had his bump at the showground, a young lad would of been getting straight up from that, it was always a risk signing a 46 year old who had just recovered from major injuries.

I think in the midst of this Nicki Pedersen hysteria the news that no positive progress on the future of the club is far more concerning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Will do.

The higher ups will give us special permission to do a Plymouth, Already given us R/R out of sympathy and the rulebook doesn't mean anything to any club lol.

Won't work as well as Plymouth though. They the only team who rode on Tues so had a lot of choice. With Prem restricted to two nights will be more difficult. 

• Like 1

That is a very dark statement and not a nice one to read at all. Sadly looking like another club will be lost to the dying sport in this country.

• Sad 1

Looking around at comments on social media, I wonder if Andersen is on his way out too

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Won't work as well as Plymouth though. They the only team who rode on Tues so had a lot of choice. With Prem restricted to two nights will be more difficult. 

Agree.

Limited guest available due to the Monday/Thursday race night situation as well which is why we should pull out of the league altogether imo, No point in everyone chucking money down the drain now when the club doesn't have a future after this season.

• Like 1

Can't help but feel similar feelings to when we lost Coventry Bees. 

We all have had our issues with the Panthers the last two seasons but what a negative post to read, and so very sad that it looks as if there is nothing that can be done. Can't imagine a world without Peterborough Speedway. 

UK Speedway is finished.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just end it all now and have one big meeting instead of going out with a whimper 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Looking around at comments on social media, I wonder if Andersen is on his way out too

What's been said 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not all season though? Surely that not going to happen again like what Plymouth did last season! 

Was going to say, they could always do a Plymouth 

• Like 1

At least the Panthers fans will get to say goodbye to the ground and know that it will be their last.

At Coventry we just got binned ahead of the 2017 season. :(

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It don't sound like Tomalin is going to back his words up to buy a relocate the club then :(

Heard less guff from Horton than this lot  and that takes some doing  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevehone said:

If that’s the real reason I’d be very surprised

Nicki was complaining about the track pre-meeting which makes me think he was having second thoughts before the Grudziadz management weighed in.

Will you last the season. That’s the worry now surely. 

I love my trips to Peterborough and will be making the trip down in a few weeks. I hope it won’t be the last time. Fingers crossed for you all 

• Like 1