British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

58 minutes ago, TTT said:

Buster is to blame for everything else.

Presumably that also includes rising energy costs, global warming and the war in Ukraine?

Interesting that you people also still balme Worrall for everything despite the FACT that superstar Basso is contributing even fewer points than RW  (clearly just antother Buster issue).

Before you accuse me of being a Buster fanboy let me add I don't go to any speedway these days (probably 7 - 8 years now) as it the sport is on its knees in UK and will soon only exist as one division (Championship) with fewer teams than are now in existence!! 

Still quite laughable how you blame Buster for everything (and I fully accept he ain't perfeect by a long-shot) when your so-called saviour (MT) promises everything but delivers NOTHING!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

Presumably that also includes rising energy costs, global warming and the war in Ukraine?

Interesting that you people also still balme Worrall for everything despite the FACT that superstar Basso is contributing even fewer points than RW  (clearly just antother Buster issue).

Before you accuse me of being a Buster fanboy let me add I don't go to any speedway these days (probably 7 - 8 years now) as it the sport is on its knees in UK and will soon only exist as one division (Championship) with fewer teams than are now in existence!! 

Still quite laughable how you blame Buster for everything (and I fully accept he ain't perfeect by a long-shot) when your so-called saviour (MT) promises everything but delivers NOTHING!

Fixed the track lighting (or at least helped I guess?) with 23 bulbs of the 24 on 4 poles now working.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Ben Cook will be fine when he settles, you’ve got to think that’s what, the second time he’s ridden the track?? And he kept pass with bewley in heat 11 

Exactly. I know he's an Aussie but the only big track in the Champ is Berwick. The rest are relatively small esp compared to Peterborough. Plus reserves aren't supposed to get HL scores!! 

46 minutes ago, TTT said:

We don't have the time though due to early season losses at Home which is the problem.

The top 5 is to blame for that though. Ben got a typical reserve score so def is not the problem. 

• Like 2

Ben cook is certainly not the issue, the reserves I’m happy enough with, #1 and the engine room is the glaring issue

• Like 2

99% of the problems are down to the number one berth, so far from twelve programmed rides only eight points have been scored when Pedersen would have been good for 30+. Other parts of the team are being exposed as a result and can't take the extra load. Get the number one sorted and it'll be a completely different side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

99% of the problems are down to the number one berth, so far from twelve programmed rides only eight points have been scored when Pedersen would have been good for 30+. Other parts of the team are being exposed as a result and can't take the extra load. Get the number one sorted and it'll be a completely different side.

100% correct...:t:

32 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They are but the whole team is a mess, for me I'd bring in Craig Cook for Ben Cook at reserve for no other reason than he's better now and we're not exactly in a position to be planning for the future.  

Quite frankly Cook and Basso would have to kiss and make up.  

We would then be left with 15.17 for 2 heat leaders 

1 Bjerre

2 Andersen 

3 NKI 

4 Basso 

5 Zagar 

6 Craig Cook 

7 Jenkins 

Edited by Flappy

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

They are but the whole team is a mess, for me I'd bring in Craig Cook for Ben Cook at reserve for no other reason than he's better now and we're not exactly in a position to be planning for the future.  

2 Andersen 

3 NKI 

4 Basso 

6 Craig Cook 

7 Jenkins 

You'd be swapping a rider on the way up with one on the way down and whose last two Pem jobs have ended up with him being dropped.

Can see the logic with Worrall as he's not great at the EoES but I'm not sure it needs major surgery if a decent number one can be found.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You'd be swapping a rider on the way up with one on the way down and whose last two Pem jobs have ended up with him being dropped.

Can see the logic with Worrall as he's not great at the EoES but I'm not sure it needs major surgery if a decent number one can be found.

It's more than just a number 1 missing.  As for a rider on the way up it's not value to us now in our situation with him learning tracks etc 

Plus we already have riders on the way down in Andersen and NKI 

Edited by Flappy

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Only hope 

He was always your only hope, but so far hasn’t delivered.

19 minutes ago, Flappy said:

1 Bjerre

2 Andersen 

3 NKI 

4 Basso 

5 Zagar 

6 Craig Cook 

7 Jenkins 

I'd rather keep Ben Cook and replace Hans with Worrall (if possible).

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Only thing I blame MT for is the purple rebranding purely because it doesn't make any sense to me if we're closing at the end of the year.

Buster is to blame for everything else.

You said last week you blame them 50/50 as MT hasn’t delivered on his earlier promises.What’s changed in a week apart from another loss?

Getting rid of Ben cook would be absolutely ridiculous, someone who I would class as a 100% trier/racer for Craig cook someone who spits his dummy out and gives up at the back is laughable 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Getting rid of Ben cook would be absolutely ridiculous, someone who I would class as a 100% trier/racer for Craig cook someone who spits his dummy out and gives up at the back is laughable 

Exactly! Not that I am biased in any way though :D