British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly! Not that I am biased in any way though :D

Naaaa regardless that you are biased that’s the most stupidest suggestion so far, why on earth anyone would swap a true racer for someone who blows hot and cold more than the weather when we are already struggling simply isn’t the answer. Hans and worrall were the questionable signings not Ben cook!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Presumably that also includes rising energy costs, global warming and the war in Ukraine?

Interesting that you people also still balme Worrall for everything despite the FACT that superstar Basso is contributing even fewer points than RW  (clearly just antother Buster issue).

Before you accuse me of being a Buster fanboy let me add I don't go to any speedway these days (probably 7 - 8 years now) as it the sport is on its knees in UK and will soon only exist as one division (Championship) with fewer teams than are now in existence!! 

Still quite laughable how you blame Buster for everything (and I fully accept he ain't perfeect by a long-shot) when your so-called saviour (MT) promises everything but delivers NOTHING!

There where fans blowing smoke up MT’s arse only a matter of a round 6 weeks ago.. He promised the world. The Panthers were going to a new home, and have a new owner with money and a passion to win things. The fans were buzzing….

Buster hasnt got the money to do what Tomalin was telling the fans he was going to do.. Buster was never the one to save them. Where is the car dealer now. That’s what all the fans should be asking. After all the flack Buster has been getting, I’d turn the lights out now if I was him…Mt has at this time not kept his word at all.. Talk is cheap,as they say…

Edited by Bald Bloke

What continues to annoy me is the disconnect between owners/management and the fans...has there been any statements or anything from last night other than that garbage from Anderson about still not getting the right set up!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

It's more than just a number 1 missing.  As for a rider on the way up it's not value to us now in our situation with him learning tracks etc 

Plus we already have riders on the way down in Andersen and NKI 

The situation with Ben Cook is the same as last season with Basso , the uncertainty was in place then in 2022 , ok Basso did well at reserve last season and Ben Cook was by far the best rider to come up from the championship who hadn't previously ridden in the premiership,  the issue now IMO is the #1 as Bagpuss says but theres the fact the team should have been built with Basso riding at 4 but with one of Iversen or Holder as his partner along with a decent recognised #1 , 

I stopped posting on here in February as the team make up after Buster stopped the signing of Holder i felt the team was heading for total disaster then and sadly it has come true,   im no expert but after years of following speedway just felt this was bound to happen given the way things were shaping up .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Fixed the track lighting (or at least helped I guess?) with 23 bulbs of the 24 on 4 poles now working.

And sorted the car parking

Maybe the best hope is that Mr Tomalin has decided that at present, the only sensible thing to do is to go "under the radar" and just let Mr Chapman's control of the club run to its conclusion, which may turn out to be not too pleasant.

If he puts money in to pay for "expensive" riders, would it now really make that much difference, especially if that meets with resistance from Mr Chapman who is clearly averse to spending and could just block anything? Mr Chapman has already laid down a clear marker of who is on charge with the outcome of "Holdergate". So what can Mr Tomalin now do, in the short-term? Not very much, I guess. Your hope has to be that he's now focussing on the longer term but has to keep his cards in his hand for now 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

What continues to annoy me is the disconnect between owners/management and the fans...has there been any statements or anything from last night other than that garbage from Anderson about still not getting the right set up!?

Same crap as last year, oooo when we get the setup that’ll be great. Yeah good one 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

There where fans blowing smoke up MT’s arse only a matter of a round 6 weeks ago.. He promised the world. The Panthers were going to a new home, and have a new owner with money and a passion to win things. The fans were buzzing….

Buster hasnt got the money to do what Tomalin was telling the fans he was going to do.. Buster was never the one to save them. Where is the car dealer now. That’s what all the fans should be asking. After all the flack Buster has been getting, I’d turn the lights out now if I was him…Mt has at this time not kept his word at all.. Talk is cheap,as they say…

I’ve never been a fan of Chapman but I will say in the current situation MT has a lot to answer for, all his promises are false ATM. I highly doubt we’ll get one but yeah, I think now panthers fans will live in false hope because of the crap we’ve heard from MT

8 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Maybe the best hope is that Mr Tomalin has decided that at present, the only sensible thing to do is to go "under the radar" and just let Mr Chapman's control of the club run to its conclusion, which may turn out to be not too pleasant.

If he puts money in to pay for "expensive" riders, would it now really make that much difference, especially if that meets with resistance from Mr Chapman who is clearly averse to spending and could just block anything? Mr Chapman has already laid down a clear marker of who is on charge with the outcome of "Holdergate". So what can Mr Tomalin now do, in the short-term? Not very much, I guess. Your hope has to be that he's now focussing on the longer term but has to keep his cards in his hand for now 

Buster has all the power.

Just have a sneaky feeling MT thinks he can see out the Showground and take over after as the club will effectively be extinct. 

The issue is, Buster, through spite, will hang on to the rights for Peterborough & run a National League team at King's Lynn, just to keep his promotional rights active.

Tomlin will have to pay money, that's the be all & end all of this situation. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Just have a sneaky feeling MT thinks he can see out the Showground and take over after as the club will effectively be extinct. 

The issue is, Buster, through spite, will hang on to the rights for Peterborough & run a National League team at King's Lynn, just to keep his promotional rights active.

Can 100% see this happening 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

And so he should. All teams have to pay an entry fee to get into the league, whether that’s to the previous rights holder or the BSPL. The overall cost of entry was one of the things that caught out those trying to restart Eastbourne 

17 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The club would be worth just the cost of the licence either way would it not with no permanent home or assets,  its either a premiership club with no home or an NDL club with a temporary home then theres the fact if he runs an NDL team under the Peterborough name at Lynn would he not be required to pay a bond to run it as well

Peterborough Panthers is worth nothing with no home from October maybe that is the time to pick it up.

2 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Presumably that also includes rising energy costs, global warming and the war in Ukraine?

Interesting that you people also still balme Worrall for everything despite the FACT that superstar Basso is contributing even fewer points than RW  (clearly just antother Buster issue).

Before you accuse me of being a Buster fanboy let me add I don't go to any speedway these days (probably 7 - 8 years now) as it the sport is on its knees in UK and will soon only exist as one division (Championship) with fewer teams than are now in existence!! 

Still quite laughable how you blame Buster for everything (and I fully accept he ain't perfeect by a long-shot) when your so-called saviour (MT) promises everything but delivers NOTHING!

NATO are to blame for the War in Ukraine, Poked the bear one time too many times which has resulted in current events taking place.

Global Warming is perfectly fine, It's just the Woke snowflake University pillocks who exaggerate about it thinking they're going to burn to death.

Rising energy costs are down to pointless sanctions placed on Russia as well as greed from Elitists who only care about making as much profit as possible. 

Now that's the politics out of the way.......Buster is a man child who even fell out with his own son which says it all really. 

MT is a businessman who didn't expect to be going into business with such a man child who spits his dummy out when the promoters put together a strong team.

Basso had a bad crash last night hence why his score was poor.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

You said last week you blame them 50/50 as MT hasn’t delivered on his earlier promises.What’s changed in a week apart from another loss?

Whole branding situation is down to MT, Shouldn't be changing the entire branding of the club for an era that's going to last less than a year.

Buster has to take the blame for the track and team.

• Like 1

Ultimately this is all Busters responsibility it's his business after all. 

The fact he was heard last night he'd rather run guests than spend big on a number 1 says it all.  He and MT between them need to get it all sorted asap.