British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Was good enough for Plymouth! 

Shouldnt have been allowed last year either. Farcical. Guests are ruining speedway, teams have no identity any more with too much doubling up and random guests all over the place. And we are being asked to pay £20+ to watch.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If Zagar had agreed a deal and then asked for an extra £100 a point I'm not surprised he was told to do one.

That said the guest facility can't be indefinite.

28 days. We don't even use the best guests 

Edited by Flappy

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did he not say he was going to buy the club.That he’s a winner? Then he tried to undermine the owner by trying to sign Holder? He gobbed off before he could deliver. Buster put a lot of work getting NP in.It’s not his fault NP cried off. If he had scored 10 in his first meeting people would be fine with the signing…IF Tomalin is such a winner and loves the club, then where is he now?

Even with Pedersen the team was a state. 

The whole Holder situation messed our season up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Shouldnt have been allowed last year either. Farcical. Guests are ruining speedway, teams have no identity any more with too much doubling up and random guests all over the place. And we are being asked to pay £20+ to watch.

Don’t watch… simple, vote with your feet. People keep going is essentially saying carry on lads.

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think there’s something he did so he couldn’t ride here after the Lynn thing. Could he not get a licence?

Maybe, I have no idea, I doubt what happened at Lynn would have meant he couldn't get a licence.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

28 days. We don't even use the best guests 

I expect you'll get another 28 and then another and then another.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe, I have no idea, I doubt what happened at Lynn would have meant he couldn't get a licence.

Was to do with visa? 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Was to do with visa? 

Cant remember possibly I dont know. Cant see  it being related to what happened at Kings Lynn. In my biased opinion Chris Holder is a nice guy and he rightly feels let down by Peterbough so not surprised by his comments. I am also not surprised Kings Lynn felt let down and Buster not wanting him in the Peterborough team  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Littleze said:

Don’t watch… simple, vote with your feet. People keep going is essentially saying carry on lads.

Voting with your feet is never the answer, thats the main reason speedway clubs fold.

I would have thought that was obvious to a Rye House fan.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did he not say he was going to buy the club.That he’s a winner? Then he tried to undermine the owner by trying to sign Holder? He gobbed off before he could deliver. Buster put a lot of work getting NP in.It’s not his fault NP cried off. If he had scored 10 in his first meeting people would be fine with the signing…IF Tomalin is such a winner and loves the club, then where is he now?

For the record and having spoken to MT, he’s still involved and attention has now shifted more towards getting all the new plans turned down for the showground. And in my opinion that is more important than what’s happening at the moment team wise. 

Buster is the one who owns Peterborough so it’s down to him to sort out the rider situation not Tomalin. He has also invested a lot of money into the team already so this attitude of busters that’s supposedly been heard as ‘we can run r/r and guests all season if needs be is ridiculous. Why should tomalin be the one that forks out more money to obtain another rider??? It’s busters job as owner 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Buster is the one who owns Peterborough so it’s down to him to sort out the rider situation not Tomalin. He has also invested a lot of money into the team already so this attitude of busters that’s supposedly been heard as ‘we can run r/r and guests all season if needs be is ridiculous. Why should tomalin be the one that forks out more money to obtain another rider??? It’s busters job as owner 

Agreed but Buster 100% said he'd rather run guests and R/R all year that shouldn't be accepted as supporters either. 

The way the club is being ran currently is poor and whilst the future of the club is the priority letting a whole season drift is stupid also. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Even with Pedersen the team was a state. 

The whole Holder situation messed our season up. 

Most fans would still be moaning if your team had Holder in for NP.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Most fans would still be moaning if your team had Holder in for NP.

It was going to be Holder and Pedersen in the team the whole thing get rebuilt 

34 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It was going to be Holder and Pedersen in the team the whole thing get rebuilt 

Doesn’t fit on the starting GSA

The evidence suggests Tomalin wanted Holder and Tungate.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Voting with your feet is never the answer, thats the main reason speedway clubs fold.

If a restaurant serves up substandard food  you don’t eat there again 

if a branded clothing retail store sells clothes what fall to bits you don’t buy again 

but you seem to think that the paying speedway supporter should put up with the 5h1te team put together this season.last season was bad enough with the over the hill team and pea poor racing.The track this season is even worse 

The answer is serve up a decent show and people will pay …serve up filth and they won’t part with money in theses financial times 

• Like 2