British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

R/R on Monday again folks.

I think it will be for the foreseeable. We will get another facility next week for may I reckon. Just like Plymouth basically did all last year ! 

14 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's far from acceptable for fans, & the teams dished out at King's Lynn too are far from acceptable but Chapman will work from his budget & not move. This guy is not for moving under any circumstances no matter the amount of moaning & pressure. It's either 'put up & shut up' or don't go with Buster. 

If what you say is correct then I for one won't be lining his pockets with anymore of my well earned cash.

If he's not bothered, then I'm certainly not. Just a travesty that in our final season, Chapman has not considered the loyal supporters of this great club. We are going to the dogs led by a man who doesn't give a toss !

2 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

If what you say is correct then I for one won't be lining his pockets with anymore of my well earned cash.

If he's not bothered, then I'm certainly not. Just a travesty that in our final season, Chapman has not considered the loyal supporters of this great club. We are going to the dogs led by a man who doesn't give a toss !

I don't think it's correct or fair to say that he's not bothered or doesn't give a toss, but as Daniel says he works to a strict budget and essentially he does things his way and won't be swayed.

I certainly don't blame him for not signing Zagar who took the p!ss and I sympathise over Pedersen who let the club down massively, BUT for many reasons a replacement needs signing ASAP, R/R and poor guests are no good for anybody.

What would be the costs of Chapman closing down the club immediately? 

With R/R for the number 1 Pboro will struggle to attract crowds to break even at home, and frankly are the kiss of death for their away matches - BV already reporting low ticket sales.

Danny King was being muted as the guest at BV

But if Pickering  misses Lynns match at home to Sheffield whats the bets on him riding for Lynn at reserve !! As his average fits with the 5% rule

But from King's point of view he will earn more by scoring far more at reserve for Lynn ,than the few points he will get at BV and its closer to his home

Edited by scoobydoo

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Danny King was being muted as the guest at BV

But if Pickering  misses Lynns match at home to Sheffield whats the bets on him riding for Lynn at reserve !! As his average fits with the 5% rule

R/R already confirmed for Panthers.

45 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I think it will be for the foreseeable. We will get another facility next week for may I reckon. Just like Plymouth basically did all last year ! 

There is a difference. Pedersen is demonstrably fit (or did I imagine his 18 point maximum for Grudziadz?)

whereas Kennett was (allegedly) injured.

19 minutes ago, Noodles said:

R/R already confirmed for Panthers.

And its quite possible King could of been switched to Lynn instead as well

In any case with or without King at BV it will most likely not be pretty

Edited by scoobydoo

23 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What would be the costs of Chapman closing down the club immediately? 

That would be the worst possible outcome and the end of the club. Whilst the club is still running the local planning policy covers them for the future in so much as a provision of a facility must be found if the stadium and track are to be developed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pleasureboy60 said:

If Buster reads this forum, I think your lucky he hasn’t turned the lights off already… He is trying to run 2 clubs on a budget, and I presume trying to not loose money in the process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pleasureboy60 said:

I won't be attending again either, I'm just grateful I didn't buy a season ticket in the end, Feel for those who did though and every single one of them should be entitled to a full refund imo.

Season ticket holders should confront Buster to his face at the next Home meeting imo and demand answers because he's taking the mickey out of every one of them.

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Buster reads this forum, I think your lucky he hasn’t turned the lights off already… He is trying to run 2 clubs on a budget, and I presume trying to not loose money in the process.

He's getting big crowds at Peterborough 

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

He's getting big crowds at Peterborough 

Not for much longer imo.

Crowds should drop considerably after the 8th May (Fans will turn up just to see Doyle and Emil)

After the 8th May we'll be out of the Cup as well as having an W0 D0 L6 record in the league.