British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Call me a cynic but that fits spot on for both Buster/Allit clubs 

Panthers - Pedersen and Ben Cook out - Klindt and Kasprazak in 

Lynn - Klindt and Kasprazak out - Fricke and Craig Cook in 

If KK ends up anywhere near a Panthers racesuit I will not be attending.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Flappy said:

It's not just Buster. 

My opinion is both he and Dale Allit have spread themselves too thinly to the detriment of both clubs. 

I'm sure they're good speedway people but it's time a deal with MT was done and that's for both parties to sort. 

Chapmans a parasite, he's all with what's wrong with our club and speedway in general. He's assembled 2 clubs with cheap and weak riders that nobody else wanted. All he will do is swap riders between the two clubs to look like he cares and keep fans sweet.

He needs to f**k off now and never return!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

If KK ends up anywhere near a Panthers racesuit I will not be attending.

+1

6 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

+1

6 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

+1

KK? Now that would really rub salt into the wounds ! Surely Not !!

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Call me a cynic but that fits spot on for both Buster/Allit clubs 

Panthers - Pedersen and Ben Cook out - Klindt and Kasprazak in 

Lynn - Klindt and Kasprazak out - Fricke and Craig Cook in 

I'd actually make those Panthers changes as well.

Klindt is better than R/R or Guest considering the guest is always a No.4 anyway.

I don't see the point in doing other clubs a favour by developing Ben Cook for them because we're not going to reap any rewards from the situation considering we won't even exist by this time next year.

11 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

If Laguta goes to Leicester it will be Fricke making way I imagine.How does he ride at the showground and would you have him at No1?

PSA 6+2

PSB 4+2

PAIRS 17

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'd actually make those Panthers changes as well.

Klindt is better than R/R or Guest considering the guest is always a No.4 anyway.

I don't see the point in doing other clubs a favour by developing Ben Cook for them because we're not going to reap any rewards from the situation considering we won't even exist by this time next year.

Which then puts Hans Andersen at reserve 

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Which would be a plus, I'm at the point now where we simply have to do everything possible to try and win at least one meeting.

Going out losing every single meeting this season with no chance to put things right is the worst exit imaginable.

That's why I'm fully with you on the Ben Cook take, Play-offs are gone already and it's all about stopping the losing streak now and for me we'd have a better chance at stopping the losing streak with Hans Andersen at No.6 rather than Ben Cook knowing that we can give Hans 7 rides at Home as well as technical tracks.

We should be targeting the knockout cup and the 2 El Bustico derbies later this month.

El Bustico :D

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Even at reserve don't think Hans will ever get the scores around the Showground  than he gets around Monmore.Pity we couldn't fit him into the lineup,not really sure if his average would have fit if we had kept Morris instead of Schlein.

Ben Cook isn't the problem, its our number 3 and 4 and the lack of a number 1 which are the major concerns. Basso clearly isnt at the level he was last season and we are suffering for it. So far this season Worrall, Iversen and Basso are the ones who are averaging under their averages.

Starting Averages in brackets

• NKI (7.59) 6.97 to 6.29
  • Basso (6.81) 6.61 to 5.04
  • Worrall (6.15) 6.27 to 6.11
  • Andersen (4.93) 5.19 to 5.67
  • Cook (4.06) 4.06 to 4.17
  • Jenkins  (3.00) 3.00 to 4.00

I really like Basso and don't want to see him leave but he really does need to start being the rider we saw in 2022.

Edited by Panther1997
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

Which would be a plus, I'm at the point now where we simply have to do everything possible to try and win at least one meeting.

Going out losing every single meeting this season with no chance to put things right is the worst exit imaginable.

That's why I'm fully with you on the Ben Cook take, Play-offs are gone already and it's all about stopping the losing streak now and for me we'd have a better chance at stopping the losing streak with Hans Andersen at No.6 rather than Ben Cook knowing that we can give Hans 7 rides at Home as well as technical tracks.

You will beat us. I can't see Buster giving you KK, not now. I'd be surprised if the Stars ship out KK and Klindt for Cookie and Max. Both teams are struggling i know. While i think it's time Buster/Allit put their beloved Lynn first, i think Max will end up at the Showground. We will replace KK with someone on a 6 point something, and keep Klindt imho.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Even at reserve don't think Hans will ever get the scores around the Showground  than he gets around Monmore.Pity we couldn't fit him into the lineup,not really sure if his average would have fit if we had kept Morris instead of Schlein.

If Wolves had kept Morris then yes they could have signed Andersen with a team total of 38.96.

6 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Ben Cook isn't the problem, its our number 3 and 4 and the lack of a number 1 which are the major concerns. Basso clearly isnt at the level he was last season and we are suffering for it. So far this season Worrall, Iversen and Basso are the ones who are averaging under their averages. 

• NKI 6.97 to 6.29
  • Basso 6.61 to 5.04
  • Worrall 6.27 to 6.11
  • Andersen 5.19 to 5.67
  • Cook 4.06 to 4.17
  • Jenkins 3.00 to 4.00

I really like Basso and don't want to see him leave but he really does need to start being the rider we saw in 2022.

Basso has gone down 1.5 points? That is pretty drastic tbf.