British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

it's not just supporters that will be getting pissed off with the situation, i reckon the rest of the team are too

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevehone said:

it's not just supporters that will be getting pissed off with the situation, i reckon the rest of the team are too

It’s such a shame their last season at the showground has to end this way.

Edited by rearingtogo
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:40 PM, Crump99 said:

The club is clearly following The Four Stage Strategy as explained in the first episode of Yes, Prime Minister - we're at 3.5 now:

In stage one we say “nothing is going to happen”

In stage two we say “something may be going to happen but we should do nothing about it”

In stage three we say “maybe we should do something about it, but there’s nothing we can do”

In stage four we say “maybe there’s something we could have done, but it’s too late now”

“Yes Minister, err will that be all Buster… err Minister?”

3 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

I'm not asking for applause (or anything else) ....... however you and a few others on here should realise that there are more important issues in life rather than throwing daily tantrums and callling others "happy clappers" on account of them not being in such a frenzied state  (they too are allowed opinion ........ or probably that's not permitted if it doesn't concur???).

The vast majority of the latter part of this thread is nothing to do with the potential "demise" of Panthers ......... it's more about a small group of individuals stamping their feet and demanding to know what's going on about a new No1 .........  then, when no news is forthcoming, blaming everyone under the sun for allegedly doing nothing  (how do you KNOW they are doing nothing??) followed by another round of daily tantrums.

With regard to the demise of Panthers (and btw no one wants to see that) you can count yourselves lucky  (my local track disappeared 35 years ago!) and if you don't like what's being currently served up then walk away.................................. LIFE goes on !!!

We have every right to stamp our feet at the way out club is being run

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

I'm not asking for applause (or anything else) ....... however you and a few others on here should realise that there are more important issues in life rather than throwing daily tantrums and callling others "happy clappers" on account of them not being in such a frenzied state  (they too are allowed opinion ........ or probably that's not permitted if it doesn't concur???).

The vast majority of the latter part of this thread is nothing to do with the potential "demise" of Panthers ......... it's more about a small group of individuals stamping their feet and demanding to know what's going on about a new No1 .........  then, when no news is forthcoming, blaming everyone under the sun for allegedly doing nothing  (how do you KNOW they are doing nothing??) followed by another round of daily tantrums.

With regard to the demise of Panthers (and btw no one wants to see that) you can count yourselves lucky  (my local track disappeared 35 years ago!) and if you don't like what's being currently served up then walk away.................................. LIFE goes on !!!

Well done, but you didn't need to bring it up on this thread unless you wanted attention. I have done many things to help people, as have many other forum members, but haven't felt the need to mention it on a speedway forum.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Are Bewley or Kurtz riding elsewhere then 

I very much doubt they’ve even been asked?  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

The whole season feels like a write off. No new signing on the horizon.

The fixture list is also too sparse, I want to go to the Showground every 2 weeks.

I thought you said Freddie lindgren was coming?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, stevehone said:

Will they have even noticed?..

Or even actually be bothered? 

One less top rider in the meeting to knock them back a place in a race, (maybe two or three times)...

Meaning instead of being third in a 4-2, they could be second in a 2-4....

And potentially extra RR, Tac Sub and Ht 15 rides

Kerching....!!

And there is always a team in a proper league to ride for elsewhere several times of the week...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Think Kermit races in Greenland on Mondays and Thursdays

He also did some trial laps,,, he wasn't very fast, cos he didn't know how to revvit

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

He also did some trial laps,,, he wasn't very fast, cos he didn't know how to revvit

I've given him a bell. He's warming up as we speak.

Video Ringtone - Crazy Frog - YouTube

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

He kept getting excluded for jumping the start!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Sounds like you have more issues than us mate....if you don't like the this chat then maybe go on Facebook where it's all sunshine and roses..and you can clap along with them...and tbf this what we have here is not serious enough for a tantrum....I haven't had one of those since Harry Kane missed that Pen against France!

Tbh, I've no major life issues (that i'm aware of) ..... but it does make me laugh looking in at a bunch of mature adults working themselves into a frenzy over issues that they have no control and in which they have no say.   It was actually your earlier post that triggered my reaction and you pretty much make the same point above eg....... go away (polite version) happy clappers your opinion don't count as it doesn't concur with mine  (bit odd from someone who also states people are entitled to an opinion??)

19 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

with no communication from the club

Seriously .............. do Asda's consult with you every time they discontinue a product or when their CEO passes wind?

16 hours ago, Flappy said:

We have every right to stamp our feet at the way out club is being run

Four or five of you can stamp your feet as much as you like .................. not getting you very far is it??

As for "rights" you should realise that your ONLY given right in this matter is:-  pay your admission money watch speedway (in safety) and go home........ The End.     (Of course you also have the right not pay and not attend?).

If i'm honest, I suppose it's probably this "I've got rights" issue (not just speedway but across the board) that winds me up most (possibly a throwback from my career days when people threw that in my face on a regular basis...... only to be shown otherwise) ....... point being if you've got all these rights why not enforce them??

The bottom line is that "Premiership" (by name only) Speedway is finally done for in the UK (writing has beeen on the wall for a few years now) ........ Poland completely and utterly rule the speedway roost now and top riders will certainly want to look after the goose that lays the golden egg (who can blame them).  If things go the way they appear to be going, 2024 will be one (not so big) championship level league for riders that are up and coming, those that will never make the big time and also those big names whose best years are long behind them! (apologies in advance for stating the obvious ....... I believe that most punters are already aware of this).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

Tbh, I've no major life issues (that i'm aware of) ..... but it does make me laugh looking in at a bunch of mature adults working themselves into a frenzy over issues that they have no control and in which they have no say.   It was actually your earlier post that triggered my reaction and you pretty much make the same point above eg....... go away (polite version) happy clappers your opinion don't count as it doesn't concur with mine  (bit odd from someone who also states people are entitled to an opinion??)

Four or five of you can stamp your feet as much as you like .................. not getting you very far is it??

As for "rights" you should realise that your ONLY given right in this matter is:-  pay your admission money watch speedway (in safety) and go home........ The End.     (Of course you also have the right not pay and not attend?).

If i'm honest, I suppose it's probably this "I've got rights" issue (not just speedway but across the board) that winds me up most (possibly a throwback from my career days when people threw that in my face on a regular basis...... only to be shown otherwise) ....... point being if you've got all these rights why not enforce them??

The bottom line is that "Premiership" (by name only) Speedway is finally done for in the UK (writing has beeen on the wall for a few years now) ........ Poland completely and utterly rule the speedway roost now and top riders will certainly want to look after the goose that lays the golden egg (who can blame them).  If things go the way they appear to be going, 2024 will be one (not so big) championship level league for riders that are up and coming, those that will never make the big time and also those big names whose best years are long behind them! (apologies in advance for stating the obvious ....... I believe that most punters are already aware of this).

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning ! 

• Like 1