British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

59 minutes ago, TTT said:

Clear as day that Buster isn't the problem now though and I was one of his biggest critics tbh.

Tomalin put on facebook that a No.1 wasn't available due to Poland as well as not being interested in the UK.........That was a straight up lie.

We could've had Laguta or at worst Zagar signed, sealed and delivered if he stuck to his promises, Basically this whole Nicki P situation could've been resolved weeks ago if Tomalin walked the walked instead of just talking the talk, Instead we plodded on with R/R and riders like Jakobsen guesting at No.1.

Basically everything what Bald Bloke and numerous other KL fans have said for weeks in regards to Tomalin has been 100% factual.

So chapman makes one post this season and all of a sudden he's the good guy,  I can tell you 100% that's wrong.  He's made no comments about panthers other than he had signed his best buddy pedersen.

He's pulling the wool over peoples eyes and loving it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

Wonder if the money not coming in for Pedersen wages was the real reason he left the club as he did and was it MT way of pay back for not being allowed to sign Chris Holder ?

Really can’t see this ending well for Pboro speedway from what I can see a potential new owner and current owner are at logger heads and  MT sponsorship money not been paid it’s as if he wants to bankrupt the club rather than bankroll it and pick it up on the cheap from Buster when they can’t pay the riders . 
It’s a sad state of affairs that the future of the club is on the line and being decided by two stubborn men who won’t give in .

Utter bull

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

The money from Nicki P hasn't gone anywhere, the money just has not come in

MT thought he was running the show, Buster put him in his place over Holder-gate

Buster dealt with Nicki P on the pre-season budget

now that MT has withheld or not paid his latest instalment there is no Nicki P budget

It really has turned sour, MT & Johnson hoping to pick the club up from the ashes at the end of the season, which may work out well especially if they can find some land or a stay of execution at the showground

Buster wants out, happy just owning Kings Lynn as a stadium

Great post..Their fans will realise that , and maybe put the blame on big spuds and co. Instead of Buster now.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Flappy said:

KEITH Chapman has moved to clarify his position as owner of both King’s Lynn and Peterborough Speedway amidst rumours of rider movement at various Sports Insure Premiership clubs.

Chapman retains his promoter’s licence at King’s Lynn but has confirmed the day-to-day running of the club, and financial affairs, are in the hands of others.

He is also the owner of Peterborough where work continues to fill the position vacated by Nicki Pedersen who left the club after one meeting.

Chapman said: “I’ve been reading plenty of comments over recent days and I think it’s important to lay out clearly what the situation is.

“I no longer have any financial involvement in King’s Lynn Speedway, and whilst I still hold a promoter’s licence there, this will be my last season in that role and I’ve made that clear to everyone.

“All of the financial and team matters at King’s Lynn are taken on by Alex Brady and Dale Allitt, although obviously I still have responsibility for the stadium.

“I do still own the club, it hasn’t been sold yet, but the funding is not coming from me this year.

“At Peterborough everyone knows the problems we have faced, and it was me who did the deal with Nicki Pedersen to race at No.1, which unfortunately went wrong after one race.

“Since then we’ve been looking for a replacement, and trying to book the best guests we can under the circumstances.

“It hasn’t always worked but we had Max Fricke lined up for a meeting that was rained off, and I paid for Dan Bewley to guest on Monday in a meeting against King’s Lynn, so there’s no question of me making decisions to favour one club over the other.

“The team and financial decisions at King’s Lynn are completely separate from me now, and of course I still desperately want Peterborough to survive beyond this season.

“I just want to make it totally clear that the two clubs are not being run by the same person with one being prioritised over the other.”

Bit late with that one Flappy,I posted that over an hour ago.You definitely hit a wire and bounced out there mate:wink:

25 minutes ago, Flappy said:

KEITH Chapman has moved to clarify his position as owner of both King’s Lynn and Peterborough Speedway amidst rumours of rider movement at various Sports Insure Premiership clubs.

Chapman retains his promoter’s licence at King’s Lynn but has confirmed the day-to-day running of the club, and financial affairs, are in the hands of others.

He is also the owner of Peterborough where work continues to fill the position vacated by Nicki Pedersen who left the club after one meeting.

Chapman said: “I’ve been reading plenty of comments over recent days and I think it’s important to lay out clearly what the situation is.

“I no longer have any financial involvement in King’s Lynn Speedway, and whilst I still hold a promoter’s licence there, this will be my last season in that role and I’ve made that clear to everyone.

“All of the financial and team matters at King’s Lynn are taken on by Alex Brady and Dale Allitt, although obviously I still have responsibility for the stadium.

“I do still own the club, it hasn’t been sold yet, but the funding is not coming from me this year.

“At Peterborough everyone knows the problems we have faced, and it was me who did the deal with Nicki Pedersen to race at No.1, which unfortunately went wrong after one race.

“Since then we’ve been looking for a replacement, and trying to book the best guests we can under the circumstances.

“It hasn’t always worked but we had Max Fricke lined up for a meeting that was rained off, and I paid for Dan Bewley to guest on Monday in a meeting against King’s Lynn, so there’s no question of me making decisions to favour one club over the other.

“The team and financial decisions at King’s Lynn are completely separate from me now, and of course I still desperately want Peterborough to survive beyond this season.

“I just want to make it totally clear that the two clubs are not being run by the same person with one being prioritised over the other.”

Except for Dale reporting everything back to him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Whenever the threat of closure looms over a Speedway club......It normally results in the club closing, Very rarely does a club win the war and lives on to fight another day.

I have my fingers crossed that everything will work out well though.

Clubs don't normally have the backing of the Local Plan, and not one that is so specific.

That's why the Club (or any prospective new promoter)  needs to be working with the Council to ensure that the Local Plan is honoured. Given the scale of the prospective development the Developers will be well aware of the requirements of the Local Plan and will be able to well afford a replacement facility - in fact the Local Plan says that the Council should not grant planning approval without it

Edited by Sir Sidney
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Walton said:

So chapman makes one post this season and all of a sudden he's the good guy,  I can tell you 100% that's wrong.  He's made no comments about panthers other than he had signed his best buddy pedersen.

He's pulling the wool over peoples eyes and loving it.  

If Buster was paying for Laguta at KL then he would've been a Panther weeks ago so the statement makes complete sense tbh, 0% chance Laguta would've been at KL if Buster was covering the wage bill at both clubs because it's not how he operates, I've been wrong on a lot of things on this forum but this isn't one of them, A leopard never changes it spots as the saying goes so Buster wouldn't burn a whole in his pocket just to finish in 5th and 6th place respectively.

Also Rob Lyon would've quit on the spot if Buster was paying for Laguta considering Rob has been very vocal about getting the No.1 situation resolved, No way would he stand for Buster signing a No.1 for KL to replace an out of form Klindt or KK when Panthers don't even have a No.1 to replace. 

Tomalin on the other hand has promised a lot of things and so far he's delivered none of it, All he's done is the following.

Made promises / statements he can't back up varying from title challenging team, budget similar to BV etc.

Had a fall out with Buster over Holder when he worked out a deal with him without consulting Buster first.

Talked down to some fans when they started to question our losing streak after everything turned sour.

Told a straight up lie about riders / No.1's not wanting to ride in the UK due to various reasons when he's had a clear run at both Matej Zagar and Artem Laguta

Now we've got rumours about Tomalin not making payments.

Track record here is alarming.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Clear as day that Buster isn't the problem now though and I was one of his biggest critics tbh.

Tomalin put on facebook that a No.1 wasn't available due to Poland as well as not being interested in the UK.........That was a straight up lie.

We could've had Laguta or at worst Zagar signed, sealed and delivered if he stuck to his promises, Basically this whole Nicki P situation could've been resolved weeks ago if Tomalin walked the walked instead of just talking the talk, Instead we plodded on with R/R and riders like Jakobsen guesting at No.1.

Basically everything what Bald Bloke and numerous other KL fans have said for weeks in regards to Tomalin has been 100% factual.

I’m just glad people are realising it at last. As I posted I was told that I was” pretty much on the money” about the MT thing a while ago now, by someone pretty close to the situation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

If Buster was paying for Laguta at KL then he would've been a Panther weeks ago so the statement makes complete sense tbh, 0% chance Laguta would've been at KL if Buster was covering the wage bill at both clubs because it's not how he operates, I've been wrong on a lot of things on this forum but this isn't one of them, A leopard never changes it spots as the saying goes so Buster wouldn't burn a whole in his pocket just to finish in 5th and 6th place respectively.

Also Rob Lyon would've quit on the spot if Buster was paying for Laguta considering Rob has been very vocal about getting the No.1 situation resolved, No way would he stand for Buster signing a No.1 for KL to replace an out of form Klindt or KK when Panthers don't even have a No.1 to replace. 

Tomalin on the other hand has promised a lot of things and so far he's delivered none of it, All he's done is the following.

Made promises / statements he can't back up varying from title challenging team, budget similar to BV etc.

Had a fall out with Buster over Holder when he worked out a deal with him without consulting Buster first.

Talked down to some fans when they started to question our losing streak after everything turned sour.

Told a straight up lie about riders / No.1's not wanting to ride in the UK due to various reasons when he's had a clear run at both Matej Zagar and Artem Laguta

Now we've got rumours about Tomalin not making payments.

Track record here is alarming.

The paymaster general from Lynn wouldn't agree the zagar deal when zagar doudled his demands at 5.45pm on the evening of 17th April. nothing to do with MT.

The truth is no one knows anything on here..it's all speculation so who knows who's good and bad..all we know is we are still in the s***!

:blink:It’s gone from Zagar wanted an extra £100 a point to double now.

1 minute ago, Walton said:

The paymaster general from Lynn wouldn't agree the zagar deal when zagar doudled his demands at 5.45pm on the evening of 17th April. nothing to do with MT.

What's Tomalin's excuse for not signing Laguta when he had a clear run at him? Instead all we got was a lie stating that nobody was available when they clearly were available.

After all we were promised a title challenging side on a budget that's on par with BV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

The truth is no one knows anything on here..it's all speculation so who knows who's good and bad..all we know is we are still in the s***!

There's some good guessers is what I would say. :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

:blink:It’s gone from Zagar wanted an extra £100 a point to double now.

I'm not buying it, I fell for it the first time round buying into the Tomalin hype train and I'm not getting suckered in again.

I can't make up excuse for Tomalin anymore because he's literally gone from promising the world all the way down to telling lies in regards to rider availability followed by having a go at any Panthers fan who dares to criticise the club.

Talked us up like we're Manchester City in the winter who's going for trophies only for us to end up like Southampton.

• Like 1

I'd be careful though with who you sling mud at based on speculation on here..what if this guy turns out to be the saviour of the club?

Edited by chrismorton
  • Like 2