British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

4 minutes ago, stu219 said:

And he has made it so much better by insisting that the track get graded after heats 4 , 7 and 11

all that does is drag the meeting on longer

I wonder how much power Phil actually has? 
not much I would think

He gets first dabs on the most camera time...

Any owner that cared for Peterborough speedway wouldn't be allowing this to happen. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Any owner that cared for Peterborough speedway wouldn't be allowing this to happen. 

They have the sport they want...

A cozy closed shop which is nothing more than a play thing/hobby for them..

The fans who still take it seriously go along with them, colluding that what is being served up has some relevance and kudos..

It has neither...

The play offs get "bumper crowds" because many who dont attend regularly (solely down to how the sport is ran), turn up for "one night only" knowing that they will be part of a decent crowd and feel like they are at an "event"..

In short..

It will actually feel like a proper team sport for an evening, (just an evening)...

For many, here is the script...

Attend Play offs, season ends, attend first meeting the following season as "starved of Speedway", stop going, pick and choose meetings when star names are in your town, attend play offs...

Rinse and Repeat...

The promoters, as they show by this evening, dont take it seriously themselves, so why should the fans? 

Apologies if this sounds like moaning...

I will put up some air fences in the future..

Not cleaning out any bogs though...

I will bring a "guest" in for that..

Or apply for a BCR (Bog Cleaner Replacement) facility...

Edit: You can see tonight how seriously the Promoters and Riders take it..

When a Manager can swap sides with his own team somewhere else, and a rider be happy to take a booking riding for a team that isn't his own, when his own team has a match, it tells you everything about why it can never be taken seriously from a "team sport" concept. ..

As even those who belong to teams have zero emotional attachment to them,  hence represent someone else without a moments hesitation. ..

In a "proper team sport", (that meant something), neither would have have taken either role as their loyalty would be solely to their own team and no one else...

And let's face it, in a "proper team sport", they wouldn't be asked. ..

(Imagine the reaction if they did this in Poland?)...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

Buster, Johnson and Tomalin are all as bad as each other, None of them have any credibility in my book.

This shambles started off track before Christmas

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

How am i going to explain this one to the lads down the pub tomorrow.

Was just thinking the same thing

Don't worry don't think there will be any speedway tonight at Wolves sitting in car park watching and listening to a massive storm moving in.

12 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Don't worry don't think there will be any speedway tonight at Wolves sitting in car park watching and listening to a massive storm moving in.

Throwing it down in Tipton, as it started at the track

Be very surprised if its on, been hammering it down for 20 minutes and no sign of a letup.

Just now, BrizHeathen said:

Be very surprised if its on, been hammering it down for 20 minutes and no sign of a letup.

Its like a monsoon here at stadium

2 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

I've been in London on business for the day and we had an electrical storm not so long ago, Sounds like the same stuff is going to hit Monmore which will ultimately lead to a postponement.

4 minutes ago, Troy said:

It's officially off. 

The next one off will be Belle Vue judging by the torrential downpour for the Man City parade!!!

47 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

We dodged a bullet for now...

Agreed