British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

We are all aware that KL is Buster's baby, his one true love. You don't think that he would choose to invest more in the club that he cares about more? I can see why he don't want to spend his own "hard earned cash" on a Peterborough team where there is an all talk sponsor who hasn't really if we're being honest brought anything to the table after all the hype. 

It could be said that Buster has invested more into Peterborough this season already than he will at KL "it was me who did the deal with Nicki Pedersen to race at No.1, which unfortunately went wrong after one race". 

I've never known Buster to put together a competitive team at KL in the top flight tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

I've never known Buster to put together a competitive team at KL in the top flight tbh.

It’s always a bargain basement team I have to agree BUT it’s better than the club breaking the bank win the play off final and at the end of the year can’t pay the riders and go bankrupt. Others have come and gone at Lynn but one thing you can’t take way from Buster we’ve had a stable club over the years and some credit must be given for that .

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

2018? Finished top of the league, play off runners up and KO cup runners up. If that doesn't scream competitiveness I don't know what does...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

2018? Finished top of the league, play off runners up and KO cup runners up. If that doesn't scream competitiveness I don't know what does...

Look at his record since then…… Apart from one fluke every other time Lynn and Panthers have filled the bottom two places.

2019     (7 teams)

6             King's Lynn         

7             Peterborough

COVID

2021     (6 teams)

1             Peterborough

2022     (6 teams)

5             King's Lynn         

6             Peterborough

2023      (7 teams)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Theres obviously someone with a foot in both camps t*t tailing all MTs business at Lynn , if this information being passed around is true then so be it  but it is no one elses business really what went on, but the fact of the matter is IF the Panthers are to continue after this season it needs someone who has the club's best interests at heart and someone stupid enough to be prepared to invest whats required to keep the club alive , that person is clearly not Buster Chapman he thinks its ok to just grind the club down to nothing and perhaps just take the compensation thats maybe offered , personally now think its time the club was closed down and becomes just another venue thats lost to a sport thats on its knees anyway , roll on August and the gates being shut for good .

All his business.. It don't need anyone to twit tail at all. I have only heard from 1 other Lynn fan that only tiny bit of the sponsor money was paid.. And that was after i doubted all his promises.. He might of picked his dummy up and paid it all by now, i don't know, but the situation doesn't look like there is a big wedge of money available. Some would agree, you might not.

And the who would buy a club that could close angle. Well MT said he was, and talked of buying land and building a new track...  So he knew the situation the club was in, otherwise he wouldn't of said he was going to build a new track. I don't see a chunk of money sitting waiting for a rider to grab either. MT has been very quiet since he promised the world, which don't look good on him. No one told me anything. They were  my opinions, and that's all. But since i have been told that I'm pretty much bang on. I don't think for 1 minute that Buster is 100% blameless, but i don't think it's fair he is getting  the blame from a lot of people.. Hopefully both teams will run next season.  

Edited by Bald Bloke

Buster is to blame for this he had someone willing to take a club off of him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

As with anything you want to sell, it's up to you if you do or do not, no sense giving it away. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

As with anything you want to sell, it's up to you if you do or do not, no sense giving it away. 

If it was the best chance of a future for the club you do it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

MT either didn't offer what Buster thought it was worth, or he didn't really want it in the first place. Otherwise he would own it now.

48 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If it was the best chance of a future for the club you do it 

The other way to look at it is, if MT loved the club as he said, and with the "empire" he has built, he might of gone that bit extra for the club he loves.

Leave it there. We could go on forever.:blink:

9 hours ago, Panthers70 said:

Look at his record since then…… Apart from one fluke every other time Lynn and Panthers have filled the bottom two places.

2019     (7 teams)

COVID

2021     (6 teams)

1             Peterborough

2022     (6 teams)

5             King's Lynn         

6             Peterborough

2023      (7 teams)

Dissapointing for sure, but something Swindon, Somerset, Newcastle & Eastbourne fans would be jealous of!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Dissapointing for sure, but something Swindon, Somerset, Newcastle & Eastbourne fans would be jealous of!

Could play devil's advocate and say not jealous enough to turn up in the numbers to make it happen....

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Could play devil's advocate and say not jealous enough to turn up in the numbers to make it happen....

Correct unlike Peterborough fans 

Big ask Tarasenko riding at 5 on his debut. However, he should enjoy the NSS circuit. Going for a win for BV 54-36, Tarasenko to score 8+2

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The only 2 tracks out of them that directly shut as a result of low crowds were Newcastle and Eastbourne.

With no planning application yet to be put in for the East of England Showground is there any chance of speedway taking place there next season and maybe even somebody buying the stadium so it remains in situ? - Cause with the leisure facilities planned for the EoES site surely keeping the stadium would only benefit such plans?

Edited by 25yearfan

Pboro team tomorrow is 8.18 points under what belle vue have. Going to be a tough ask. Would love to see a big performance but just can’t see it personally 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1