British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

I understand what Mike is saying 100% and I do agree, We all know Buster is a d**k though so he was never going to hand all the power over to Tomalin on a silver platter.

I'm just annoyed about potentially exiting the sport in this manner with no chance to rectify it, It's a very tough one to take.

I don't think this will be our last season there's zero chance of any development work on the showground in the next year bare minimum 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I don't think this will be our last season there's zero chance of any development work on the showground in the next year bare minimum 

Fingers crossed that we can get an extension even if it's just for a year, Just need an opportunity to rectify this campaign.

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

From the figure i heard, it was far from bank roll. It was more the fact that Buster wanted to take a back seat, so allowed MT and Johnson to take over the team, within Busters budget, as he was paying the wages. Holder was a no go from day 1. But MT went and did a deal with Holder in spite of this. Undermining Buster. . Buster spoke up, which as the owner and the wage payer, he is entitled to do. MT spat his dummy. I have been told by someone close, that what i have been saying all season is almost bang on. Hardly a word from MT after all he promised either.  Some Panthers fans are hanging on to the fact that  MT might be playing the long game here. But that don't make Buster the reason the money hasn't come in as promised. 

I know i keep posting this, but people keep blaming Buster. I know who i believe..

If the long game is being played, it might work out. If not, it's fooked your last season up. We will see..

You say that Buster wanted to take a back seat, so allowed MT and Johnson to take over the team, within Busters budget, as he was paying the wages.

Then you tell us… "Don't make Buster the reason the money hasn't come in as promised."

What money hasn't come in as promised? You just said that Buster was paying the wages and not Tomalin. You can't have it both ways.

Mikes take on the situation seems much more plausible to me and Buster is to blame for this mess

And yes, you do keep posting the same old thing on this thread and quite frankly it's getting really boring and a bit childish (e.g., "spat out of his dummy)

Edited by Panthers70
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Panthers70 said:

You say that Buster wanted to take a back seat, so allowed MT and Johnson to take over the team, within Busters budget, as he was paying the wages.

That's how i understand it. MT's money was nowhere near bankrolling the club as some seem to think. It helped, as does all sponsorship to different degrees.

Then you tell us… "Don't make Buster the reason the money hasn't come in as promised.

What money hasn't come in as promised? You just said that Buster was paying the wages and not Tomalin. You can't have it both ways.

The Sponsor money didn't come in as promised. And that would of been taken into consideration at the start of the season, when setting the rider/ spending budget was set. Less sponsor money = less budget.

The reason the sponsor money didn't come was, as i understand it, TM and Johnson was in charge of building  the team, within a budget. No one can tell me the pair didn't know that Holder was a no go from the start..... Yet i believe MT still tried to sign him behind Busters back.. Buster spoke up and MT didn't like it and the pair fell out, so only a fraction of the sponsor money came in. So imo Buster had every right to speak up after MT tried to undermine him. Therefore buster did nothing wrong, and MT threw a strop. . * IF it was agreed with Buster that Holder could ride (within budget), and THEN  Buster did a U turn, then i can understand why people would  blame  him...*

Mikes take on the situation seems much more plausible to me and Buster is to blame for this mess

And yes, you do keep posting the same old thing on this thread and quite frankly it's getting really boring and a bit childish (e.g., "spat out of his dummy)

Flip it.. I keep reading the same thing over and over as well.

I'm repeating this bit again as well. The above was only my opinion from months ago. Since then i have been told that 'im pretty much bang on the money. 

After all Tomalin promised,  and it was a lot,,, don't you think he would of made a statement by now with all this speculation, to tell everyone what really has happened if he was not to blame for at least some of it. It makes him look guilty imho.

We all have our opinions, and there is mine.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Problem being that we're rudderless as a club and Chapman wants out whilst Johnson seemingly waves the white flag in any press on the subject. We should be making noises now (perhaps we are, or someone is behind the scenes but I doubt it). Local developments are hitting snags all over the place but for us that requires a club/fan reaction in our case and I'm not seeing any. I agree that nothing much will happen in development terms but someone needs to keep an eye on the speedway infrastructure so that they don't try to make it unfit for purpose after the season ends, although I guess that we'd have had to declare our intention by then? I agree that nothing will happen short term and I think that 2024 and beyond isn't out of the question but that probably does need the current owner, at the very least, to move on pdq if he doesn't want that fight.

4 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Problem being that we're rudderless as a club and Chapman wants out whilst Johnson seemingly waves the white flag in any press on the subject. We should be making noises now (perhaps we are, or someone is behind the scenes but I doubt it). Local developments are hitting snags all over the place but for us that requires a club/fan reaction in our case and I'm not seeing any. I agree that nothing much will happen in development terms but someone needs to keep an eye on the speedway infrastructure so that they don't try to make it unfit for purpose after the season ends, although I guess that we'd have had to declare our intention by then? I agree that nothing will happen short term and I think that 2024 and beyond isn't out of the question but that probably does need the current owner, at the very least, to move on pdq if he doesn't want that fight.

With no truck fest next year does that have any effect on speedway next season? Running or not . Genuine question .

3 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

With no truck fest next year does that have any effect on speedway next season? Running or not . Genuine question .

They've outed all such events now so that would free up dates, which would be a positive, so no real effect IMO, although I guess the only potential concerning issue would be the site owners losing income from the site and their administrators wanting silly rent from Peterborough Speedway (although rumour is that it's silly enough as it is?). That's all a bit of a side issue though at the moment.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm repeating this bit again as well. The above was only my opinion from months ago. Since then i have been told that 'im pretty much bang on the money. 

After all Tomalin promised,  and it was a lot,,, don't you think he would of made a statement by now with all this speculation, to tell everyone what really has happened if he was not to blame for at least some of it. It makes him look guilty imho.

We all have our opinions, and there is mine.

Yes, you are repeating your point yet again… Sigh!

"I've been told I'm pretty much on the money."….ROFL. That claim has no weight at all without naming your source. I could quite easily claim that I've been told the complete opposite. (I don't want or expect you to actually name your source, just pointing out your claim basically means zero).

I see that according to the Panthers website City Auction Group are still showing as sponsors so definitely some money has come in.

For everyone else's sake, let's drop it now and agree to differ.

image.png

• Like 1

MT was taking over the club not using anyone else's money.

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

From the figure i heard, it was far from bank roll. It was more the fact that Buster wanted to take a back seat, so allowed MT and Johnson to take over the team, within Busters budget, as he was paying the wages. Holder was a no go from day 1. But MT went and did a deal with Holder in spite of this. Undermining Buster. . Buster spoke up, which as the owner and the wage payer, he is entitled to do. MT spat his dummy. I have been told by someone close, that what i have been saying all season is almost bang on. Hardly a word from MT after all he promised either.  Some Panthers fans are hanging on to the fact that  MT might be playing the long game here. But that don't make Buster the reason the money hasn't come in as promised. 

I know i keep posting this, but people keep blaming Buster. I know who i believe..

If the long game is being played, it might work out. If not, it's fooked your last season up. We will see..

It seems a barmy idea to let a sponsor put money in, change the colours of the team, agree terms with s much better rider than they ended up with at the start, and still be paying the wages..

Crackers...

Surely the sponsor would have covered the wages of Holder, hence the signing? 

I cannot believe that Holder would have been sorted out a set of new colour kevlars without some concrete financial backing behind his signing..

And "if" it all went Pete Tong because of an ego not wanting him on the team, then that is fundamentally ridiculous, and even more so when what has transpired since has panned out for Peterborough..

Speedway is a bit of a shambles isnt it? 

Wasn't a certain someone in "charge" of it for a few years? 

I can only presume that those two things are not linked in any way, and just a huge coincidence... :D

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

Yes, you are repeating your point yet again… Sigh!

"I've been told I'm pretty much on the money."….ROFL. That claim has no weight at all without naming your source. I could quite easily claim that I've been told the complete opposite. (I don't want or expect you to actually name your source, just pointing out your claim basically means zero).

I see that according to the Panthers website City Auction Group are still showing as sponsors so definitely some money has come in.

For everyone else's sake, let's drop it now and agree to differ.

image.png

You asked me to explain. So i took the time to.

But you only quoted a small bit of what it said... To make me look foolish... You haven't said if i had explained it as you had asked. But just quoted the bit you want to.  If you can't understand my answers, whether you agree or not, i'm wasting my time .. Don't say nothing against MT. We can't pee him off. He is the only chance we have !!  A lot on here seem to have the attitude of ... We will blame Buster cause he's going anyway, and we might need TM.. 

Did my answers make sense to you?? Even if you disagree. 

In fact don't bother :cheers:

We do need MT and we need the showground. Both need sorting asap 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hans should have retired a few years ago.

Did he not save any money during his career? Feels like he is riding because he needs to.

Very true sadly!

For a bloke who was one of the best on the planet in his prime, to now see him getting beaten by inexperienced reserves and has obviously lost his nerve is not nice to watch.

It looks very possible that this might not be the last season at the Showground? - Fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

We do need MT and we need the showground. Both need sorting asap 

Where has the promises gone. Mt made massive ones. The new Man City. He has delivered  ? fook all. Think about it...

Edited by Bald Bloke