British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Ask Cook to sign for one month, then go back to Andersen then? Cook had said the deal had to be right for him, so there's a chance. Basically just find any rider on 5.01 or above!

As in travel wise. He doesn't want to travel far to potentially be out of pocket. So only really leaves BV imo. 

Looking at the moment that Wolves have the better Worrall  and Cook

Cook's to scalextric round the showground , thought he would be more of a racer chasing the dirt but seems not most likely to set in his Wimborne Rd ways

Worrall was gating then just moving out of the way almost as if he was scared to mix it on the 1/2 bend

Edited by scoobydoo

SCB sure know how to encourage overseas riders to come race in Britain don't they?

Laguna suffered from food poisoning, certified by a doctor,  and gets a 7 day ban as its a non speedway related illness/injury.

Yet another own goal scored by the biggest shower of idiots that call themselves management.

Count your days till you're all out of a job because the way speedway is being mis-managef the only thing certain is speedway is on its last lap.

(And I'm not even a Peterborough fan)

PS if you want to make sensible and balanced ruling then I suggest any rider who withdraws from a meeting should not be permitted to ride for 7 days .

Edited by cinderfella

38 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

SCB sure know how to encourage overseas riders to come race in Britain don't they?

Laguna suffered from food poisoning, certified by a doctor,  and gets a 7 day ban as its a non speedway related illness/injury.

Yet another own goal scored by the biggest shower of idiots that call themselves management.

Count your days till you're all out of a job because the way speedway is being mis-managef the only thing certain is speedway is on its last lap.

PS if you want to make sensible and balanced ruling then I suggest any rider who withdraws from a meeting should not be permitted to ride for 7 days .

Sorry, are you saying he genuinely had food poisoning? 

1 minute ago, Sully said:

Sorry, are you saying he genuinely had food poisoning? 

Doesn’t matter what anyone says if a medical certificate has been issued, however many people know it’s complete bullshyte.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Any rider who withdraws from a meeting with illness/ non speedway injury, is already banned for 7 days, been the rule for some time

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wtf said:

Any rider who withdraws from a meeting with illness/ non speedway injury, is already banned for 7 days, been the rule for some time

What I meant was any rider withdrawing after a crash with an 'injury'.

There were two occasions last week where riders withdrew after falls in their first race then both turned out the next night.

Strangely enough the fall occurred in CL meetings and the next day appearances were in the PL. Too much of a coincidence and it's not the first time that has happened.

22 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Looking at the moment that Wolves have the better Worrall  and Cook

Cook's to scalextric round the showground , thought he would be more of a racer chasing the dirt but seems not most likely to set in his Wimborne Rd ways

Worrall was gating then just moving out of the way almost as if he was scared to mix it on the 1/2 bend

To me Zach and Ben have similar ability but I would say Ben is slightly ahead at this moment in time but Zach has more potential and he seems to have adapted well to life at Wolves. it is easier to ride well in a team that is in form.

I think it’s obvious that they aren’t going to make any changes now. How on earth Hans and worrall are still holding a job down is beyond me, you’ve worrall who can gate but then goes straight too the outside line and just goes backwards and then you’ve someone with the experience of Hans who is way past it, but seemingly unwilling too admit/accept that and call time on his career. Vadim is a fantastic addition and an exciting watch. Basso doesn’t seem overly thst bothered like he use too but still trying, jenkins continues to give his all. And Ben cook is still on the pace but realistically shouldn’t be expected to score loads when riding at 2, Hans is putting more pressure on other riders due to how bad he’s actually got. 

Really don’t hold out any hope for any further changes 

MT said on Facebook last week that there would be at least one more signing very soon so I don't know what's happening with that...it's too late now though tbh the season has gone..

Edited by chrismorton

With the new averages we are 4.96 under the limit, its disrespectful to the sport and everyone involved if no changes are made but I'm sure we wont make any.

1. Iversen 7.07
  2. B.Cook 5.22
  3. Basso 5.98
  4. Worrall 6.15
  5. Tarasenko 5.00
  6. Andersen 4.62
  7. Jenkins RS

35 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

With the new averages we are 4.96 under the limit, its disrespectful to the sport and everyone involved if no changes are made but I'm sure we wont make any.

1. Iversen 7.07
  2. B.Cook 5.22
  3. Basso 5.98
  4. Worrall 6.15
  5. Tarasenko 5.00
  6. Andersen 4.62
  7. Jenkins RS

Did you see Chris morton's post above yours?

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, DazS said:

you want rid of Worrall he's second in averages:shock:

Must be time he went on another holiday