British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

27 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Not registered as a promoter at Lynn, just Team Manager 

Can you resister as a promoter quickly?

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is the air fence worth £10k ?. There must be other costs involved I would of thought.I’m pretty sure Buster would sell if the right money was offered.

If Peterborough shut down he loses his bond  that im led to believe has to be paid by clubs owners that intend to run in a league which i think is around 40k,

If this is the case then maybe signing the club over to Tomalin would mean he gets his 40k back at least if the Panthers continue until the end of the season 

Edited by scoobydoo

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough shut down he loses his bond that has to be paid by clubs owners that intend to run in a league which i think is around 40k,

If this is the case then signing the club over to Tomalin would mean he gets his 40k back at least if the Panthers continue until the end of tbe season 

Presumably Tomalin would have to pay him the 40k first, he isn't going to leave his 40k there on the basis that any new promoter gets through the rest of the season without incurring debts (presuming there are none currently)

13 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Presumably Tomalin would have to pay him the 40k first, he isn't going to leave his 40k there on the basis that any new promoter gets through the rest of the season without incurring debts (presuming there are none currently)

Yes that's true it will need trust in both parties for an agreement for sure, 

21 minutes ago, noaksey said:

40 grand is chump change to a man like MT..it's one of his motors..

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough shut down he loses his bond  that im led to believe has to be paid by clubs owners that intend to run in a league which i think is around 40k,

If this is the case then maybe signing the club over to Tomalin would mean he gets his 40k back at least if the Panthers continue until the end of the season 

Would only lose his bond if there were outstanding speedway debts to be covered. If all liabilties are up to date then the cash would be returned

Onto the important stuff - Whose going to clean the air fence and toilets now?

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Would only lose his bond if there were outstanding speedway debts to be covered. If all liabilties are up to date then the cash would be returned

Ok thanks for clarifying the bond situation , 

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Onto the important stuff - Whose going to clean the air fence and toilets now?

When he said he wasn't supported, I thought he must have meant that no one had bought any Domestos or Marigolds....:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Ok thanks for clarifying the bond situation , 

So by minimising spending now it maximises the funds returns when he walks away.....

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So by minimising spending now it maximises the funds returns when he walks away.....

But wont he lose some of it in fines for not fulfilling all his fixtures , then he also may need to use some of it to pay the showground if hes entered into a legal agreement to  lease / rent the showground for a set number  of meetings

Edited by scoobydoo

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

When he said he wasn't supported, I thought he must have meant that no one had bought any Domestos or Marigolds....:D

Think that's were the confusion is, Buster thought they where 2 Ekstraliga juniors & wouldn't sign off the chitty

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

But wont he lose some of it in fines for not fulfilling all his fixtures , then he also may need to use some of it to pay the showground if hes entered into a legal agreement to  lease / rent the showground for a set number  of meetings

Most likely in that scenario but I think the plan will be to see out the season on even tighter budgets , fulfilling the minimum requirements to protect his interests as far as possible

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Most likely in that scenario but I think the plan will be to see out the season on even tighter budgets , fulfilling the minimum requirements to protect his interests as far as possible

Ipswich need to hope he keeps at least one of the clubs going or you could end up with a wooden spoon !!

Edited by scoobydoo

If we had a governing body that actually did anything this crappy situation could of been avoided, all we’ve got to show for any supposed changes this year is a red, blue, white and yellow mat in the pits 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1