British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Worrying comments by Chris Louis on Twitter. The sport needs to remove people like Buster Chapman from it if it has a chance of a future. A comment like that backing up one of the cartel shows why the sport is in the s*it.

The BSPA have been very kind to him as Chapman was more than happy to close down Rye House after a couple of difficult months.

Zero sympathy for the bloke & nice to see a bit of karma.

Well I’ve looked on Twitter and from what I can see on Chris Louis Twitter page Chris definitely did not say what your quoting in fact he defended Buster .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Well I’ve looked on Twitter and from what I can see on Chris Louis Twitter page Chris definitely did not say what your quoting in fact he defended Buster .

It’s all the Poster’s opinion - no quotation marks inserted.  Slightly confusing I know - I read it twice before I understood what was meant.  

27 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

How on earth can a club remain open when it hasn't paid it's insurance, medical fees, riders, rent and so much more? Some for months.

Which Club?  P/Borough?  K. Lyn or BOTH?  

3 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Which Club?  P/Borough?  K. Lyn or BOTH?  

Rye House 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Rye House 

Thank you - I wish Posters would make it more clear what they’re commenting about!   That’s a relief!  Things are bad enough as they are !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

If Chris Louis has said that about a fellow promoter, no matter who he/she is, he needs to be severely reprimanded by the SCB/BSPL in public, and have his promoting licence taken away.  

That is way out of order, and he should know better.   

You've misinterpreted Chris. 

He's called Louis a disgrace for defending Chapman . 

There are no quotes in the post

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

If Chris Louis has said that about a fellow promoter, no matter who he/she is, he needs to be severely reprimanded by the SCB/BSPL in public, and have his promoting licence taken away.  

That is way out of order, and he should know better.   

About time someone highlighted Chapman as a total prat

15 hours ago, Pitch said:

Whilst I do understand your sentiment, I worry that if the crowds are terrible who would want to take it over.

The only reason the crowds are terrible is because of the way it is being currently run by Chapman. Get him out the door and new owners in place and the crowds will come back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

The only reason the crowds are terrible is because of the way it is being currently run by Chapman. Get him out the door and new owners in place and the crowds will come back.

You sound like Tommy Cooper "Just like that......"!:rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Surprisingly the crowds at Peterborough have been fairly good all season, a good bit better than Lynn I might add even though they have an excellent No 1.

10 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Surprisingly the crowds at Peterborough have been fairly good all season, a good bit better than Lynn I might add even though they have an excellent No 1.

Yes I have been to every home meeting and the crowds have been decent. The lowest perhaps being the recent televised Belle Vue meeting.

Is the meeting this Thursday going ahead as planned please, now the club don't have a promoter? 

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Is the meeting this Thursday going ahead as planned please, now the club don't have a promoter? 

Didn,t think you were allowed to run a meeting without a promoter in place, but hey this is speedway so i think the meeting will go ahead.

Buster solved his TM issue at Lynn by bringing in his mate Hoggart from the cold ,maybe hes phoning around his old promoter mates from years gone by to come step in and become a promoter of Peterborough , would have to be someone who's had experience and held a licence before .

Whats Waggy upto these days !!!!!!

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Buster solved his TM issue at Lynn by bringing in his mate Hoggart from the cold ,maybe hes phoning around his old promoter mates from years gone by to come step in and become a promoter of Peterborough , would have to be someone who's had experience and held a licence before .

Whats Waggy upto these days !!!!!!

Or just hand the club over now and we'll have a promotion in place straight away